Author Topic: Amazing Race 2011 Emmy Submission  (Read 4737 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Amazing Race 2011 Emmy Submission
« on: June 07, 2011, 01:23:51 PM »
Dryedmangoez is reporting that the submitted episode is TAR 18 Ep 7 "You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" Varanasi, India

dryedmangoez DryedMangoez
THE AMAZING RACE submits Ep 18.07 for Emmy consideration. I'd have chosen the TAR17 premiere. Claire. Watermelon. Smash. Emmy.
13 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Good choice or was watermelon smash better??

Varanasi was HD...hard to beat burning funeral pyres!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: Amazing Race 2011 Emmy Submission
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
The Amazing Race is winning their poll  :yess:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
I voted for The Amazing Race, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance and Survivor.  I hope TAR is nominated and wins!

Belle Book

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:27:26 AM »
Another Vote Again.. If you want to..

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/2011/05/poll-will-the-amazing-race-win-the-emmy-race-again.html

'The Amazing Race' win the Emmy race again?

"So another season is done, and the votes are in," writes L.A. Times blogger Louis Bayard about the finale of "The Amazing Race." "Mine, anyway. I hereby declare 'Unfinished Business' to be the best idea 'Race' has had in a long time."

TV Neilsens weren't so good. It was the lowest-rated "Amazing Race" finale ever (8.9 million viewers, down 4%), but general reaction to the victory by sister team LaKisha and Jennifer was positive.

In our message boards, for example, our commenter named BrandoObsession wrote, "Overall, this season started and ended very strong with a few lagging episodes in between for me. All the concerns about teams knowing each other beforehand did factor into play a couple of times, but that's almost expected."

Next: This TV contest faces its ultimate challenge. Can "Amazing Race" reclaim its mojo in the Emmy race? For seven consecutive years it won the award for best reality-competition show until "Top Chef" pulled off an upset last year. Can "Race" zoom ahead again this year?

— Tom O'Neil
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »
I can't find a way to link to it, or download it, but deadline.com/hollywood has a "for your consideration" ad for TAR and for Phil in its ad rotation today. (Deadline.com is a industry news competitor to The Hollywood Reporter, but it also gets some good scoop on a regular basis.)

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone knows of a way to capture it or has seen the "for your consideration" ad at other sites.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:49:29 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
Here's the ads from Deadline.  :)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »
And here's the ad published in the trade mags...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:55 PM »
Watermelon smash was just a single overrated incident.

The whole episode of Varanasi was pretty much exciting from the start till the end with interesting tasks which teams have to perform (dung cakes anyone?) and a Roadblock which really went down into the streets of India and of course a boat ride across the river was spectacular.

I don't think any other episode came close to that. Maybe the Japan (episode 2) leg was good.. but not good enough since 1/4 of the leg was in the dark and hardly anything can be seen then.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:09 PM »
My only other thought would be maybe the second Switzerland leg. Zermatt was a surprisingly colorful city, the glacier tasks were very cool to watch, and the leg itself had some legitimate drama with both the fight in the chocolate kitchen and Zev & Justin escaping elimination while Kent & Vyxsin were waiting out their penalty time.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
Claire and the watermelon was probably the biggest buzz TAR has gotten in years, but it was one of the better premieres in years. I liked the first four episodes of TAR17. It had the teams being dumb and making mistakes, thus having lots of placement changes and they had lots of interaction with locals, especially in the Ghana legs.

For TAR18, both China legs were far more exciting than Varanasi. Even the Kolkata leg was.