Author Topic: Who Has the Most\Least Unfinished Business?  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Who Has the Most\Least Unfinished Business?
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »
Which teams do you feel like had the lamest excuses for returning on TAR:UB? Which teams have the least unfinished business to complete? Which teams have the most unfinished business to complete?

I personally think Mel and Mike and Kynt and Vxysin had the lamest excuses for returning based on their opening sequences. All the Goths are back for are ratings. I never understood why Mel and Mike were brought back except to maybe replace another team who could not return.

I personally think Gary and Mallory have the most unfinished business because they were unfairly eliminated on one of the hardest legs in TAR history. They seem like they have learned the most from their mistakes thus far.

What does anyone else think?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: Who Has the Most\Least Unfinished Business?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
Which teams do you feel like had the lamest excuses for returning on TAR:UB? Which teams have the least unfinished business to complete? Which teams have the most unfinished business to complete?

I personally think Mel and Mike and Kynt and Vxysin had the lamest excuses for returning based on their opening sequences. All the Goths are back for are ratings. I never understood why Mel and Mike were brought back except to maybe replace another team who could not return.

I personally think Gary and Mallory have the most unfinished business because they were unfairly eliminated on one of the hardest legs in TAR history. They seem like they have learned the most from their mistakes thus far.

What does anyone else think?

How were Gary and Mallory unfairly eliminated? A very large part of traveling around the world is navigating in places you aren't familiar with. The hard fact of the matter is they got lost. No taxi driver took them to the wrong place, no gas station attendant gave them bad directions. They had a map and they got lost. It was completely their own fault that they got eliminated, so please explain how their elimination was unfair. As for hardest legs in TAR history, go watch the Sahara episode of TAR 1, and then ALL of TAR 5, especially the final 4 leg in the Philippines. The Oman leg of TAR 17 is like Family Edition by comparison.

As for the teams with the most unfinished business, I hate to say it but I think most of the TAR 14 teams have a valid reason to be in that category. Mel & Mike were lead astray by a taxi, Kisha and Jen's mistimed potty break, Jamie and Cara having their taxi karma catch up with them, and then finally Luke, the person fully expecting and probably most prepared for a memory task, gets done in by a memory task.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
Ok, maybe their elimination was not unfair. That's not the right word for it.
However they do have a lot of unfinished business, b/c I think that they more than anyone else have a drive to win this one. The sense you got from them at their elimination mat was that they were not at all done and that they wanted another chance. Perhaps you could say that about anyone but I think it was more with them.
Kisha and Jen are the same, it was not unfair b/c it was their fault but it was quite unfortunate. Margie and Luke seem to have a lot of unfinished business b/c they got so close to victory. Again it was his own fault, you could say that about anyone here. I guess only Krimanda was eliminated b/c of something they did not do, even so they got behind in order to be U-turned.
I don't think that unfinished business is about whether or not the elimination was fair (they really all are) but if their attitude is truly that they are not done.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:14:46 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
Personally, I think Zev and Justin have the most unfinished business. They went from last to first, and would have won that leg if they hadn't lost their passports. I know that it was their fault, but still...

I don't really like Jaime and Cara's excuse about a bad cab costing them the race gives them a second chance because a lot of teams had bad cabs that cost them the final leg, like Rob and Amber, Brent and Caite, Jill and Thomas. Also, isn't it just karma? Jamie was pretty rude towards the locals multiple times.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

I don't really like Jaime and Cara's excuse about a bad cab costing them the race gives them a second chance because a lot of teams had bad cabs that cost them the final leg, like Rob and Amber, Brent and Caite, Jill and Thomas. Also, isn't it just karma? Jamie was pretty rude towards the locals multiple times.

:lol: I think so.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »
Zev & Justin, Margie & Luke, Kisha & Jen most UB in my opinion

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »
I have met these players that you mentioned above as undeserving.

Let me tell you that losing in TAR stings. These racers don't just shrug and walk away...for many of them the "what could we have done differently", "how could things have been different", and self questioning goes on for years. The shoulda coulda woulda syndrome. ALL eliminated players reexamine their race over and over. SO believe me...the drive, the hope, and the energy IS there. 

I can say without reservation that I believe all are almost certainly counting their blessings for having another chance. Many many more racers would have done almost anything for this opportunity.

The chance to get a do-over in life is rare, and is a great gift, and I think that any of these racers would tell you that they cherish the opportunity to have another chance. So lame excuses?? Not in my book.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »
Of course anyone would be more than glad to have another chance. I never questioned the fact that all those chosen are glad they were. If they did not want another run they would not have accepted.
However, that does not automatically equate to needing one. When casting those who have already been on once TPTB must be careful in how they choose who gets another chance because everyone wants one. IMO several spots on this season are being wasted on those not as deserving but I am sure others have other ideas.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Most: Margie and Luke definitely have the most. Others would be Kisha and Jen and FT and BE.

Least: Mel and Mike. I barely even remember them. They weren't eliminated unfairly. They weren't that competitive. Others would be Gary and Mallory. They didn't place that high on their season. Its their fault that they couldn't navigate through Oman. They weren't victimized by unlucky situations or cheating.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »
Most Unfinished Business:  Zev & Justin.  True, they deserved to lose since they lost their passports, but they would've done better if they hadn't been so careless.  Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Least Unfinished Business:  I guess Kent & Vyksin, since they're probably here most for ratings.  Or maybe Mel & Mike, since Mel's probably in even worse shape than he was in TAR 14.

Belle Book

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »
I don't like the UB moniker and I refer to it as TAR 18 or Return of the Racers.

I mean, if the Unfinished Business refers to a team that never won, well there's a total of 170-180 teams out there that have never won this thing.

Just enjoy the HD scenery and (hopefully) the good job that the producers put into designing this race.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
This is gonna be an endless discussion area. :lol: I'd rather step out and not read anything.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D