Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158914 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #875 on: August 25, 2013, 06:06:43 AM »
What is the penalty for flying to the wrong airport? (Hypothetical Question like for example, in TAR 18 Kent & Vyxsin somehow like flew directly to Lijiang Airport)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #876 on: August 25, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
What is the penalty for flying to the wrong airport? (Hypothetical Question like for example, in TAR 18 Kent & Vyxsin somehow like flew directly to Lijiang Airport)
No penalty or time credit would be given for this terrible, yet more idiotic than John & Jessica's EP, mistake. Kynt & Vyxsin were REQUIRED to be on the select FLIGHT as the other teams.

Imagine Jeff & Jordan actually flying to China and realizing there isn't a Wulff Castle there. :funny:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #877 on: August 26, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
If teams were told to fly to Heathrow and accidently went to Gatwick, would they be penalized?
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #878 on: August 26, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
Depends on the wording. If they were told to fly to Heathrow, prob yes. If they were told to make your way to London....then the airports/airlines possible may have been spelled out in the small info we don't see.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #879 on: August 31, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »
Did some of the teams in UB act as replacements? If so I wonder which teams they replaced and why that team didn't or couldn't play again (I know Claire was pregnant from S17) Thanks  :ascared

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #880 on: August 31, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
Did some of the teams in UB act as replacements? If so I wonder which teams they replaced and why that team didn't or couldn't play again (I know Claire was pregnant from S17) Thanks  :ascared
Maria & Tiffany would be an obvious choice for Unfinished Business, but I think Tiffany had an upcoming poker tournament during the time of the UB filming. It's likely they replaced Jaime & Cara since the carrot tops had a weak reason going into UB with the taxi luck (everyone has taxi luck, not just them) and the same finale crasher as Margie & Luke.

I believe there was an unneccesary amount of TAR14 teams that season and it could be the reason why casting directors replaced many different teams such as Toni & Dallas, Dandrew, Joe & Heidi, and Brook & Claire (I doubt they would have been brought back because the watermelon nor the Chinese food set Claire back to be eliminated. It would be a super weak reason for Claire to say, "We made it to F3, but I struggled with many of the Roadblocks.")
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #881 on: August 31, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »
I suppose, but they definitely merit an All Star status :)

Really would have loved Ken & Tina over Amanda & Kris! Though not sure what UB they had. Thanks Rachel.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #882 on: September 01, 2013, 08:25:45 AM »
Why do some think S24 is going to be a returnee season? I know it would give 5 seasons to choose from (I think many will be from 22  :gaah: )
25 just seems more like an anniversary or landmark season. Either way I loved All Stars & UB  :hearts:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #883 on: September 02, 2013, 10:27:24 AM »
Why do some think S24 is going to be a returnee season? I know it would give 5 seasons to choose from (I think many will be from 22  :gaah: )
25 just seems more like an anniversary or landmark season. Either way I loved All Stars & UB  :hearts:
I think it might be season 28 though because TAR22 didnt really bring out much personality among teamz during tasks. TAR20 and 19 weren't that good judging strictly by personalities either.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #884 on: September 02, 2013, 11:29:23 AM »
Pam/Winnie had more personality than the top 4 together. Only Pwinnie & Youtubers seemed to have personalities (Sorry other racers)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #885 on: September 02, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »
Pam/Winnie had more personality than the top 4 together. Only Pwinnie & Youtubers seemed to have personalities (Sorry other racers)

IMO, Max and Katie were pretty much up there in terms of personality.  At least for Max, he embraced the "villain" role, somewhat similar to Colin of TAR5 fame.  Jennifer and Caroline might get an honorable mention, but other than that, meh.  J/C did have a lot more personality compared to 65% of the racers since 2001.

I think if anyone would return outside the YouTube team, Pam/Winnie, and whomever else, it would be John & Jessica. Boring, I guess so, but based on their run and their decision that ended their run, it would make a lot of sense.

As for a racers return season, 25 would be great, but the show didn't really do much for "landmark" seasons 5, 10, 15, and 20.  Although TAR5 didn't need anything; it was historic on its own.  TAR10 was great due to the most diverse cast ever, IMO.

I think they might target 26 before 25, due to a spring run (and May sweeps).  But in all likelihood, I would not be surprised to see new racers over the next five seasons.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #886 on: September 02, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »
It could well be 24 if you took 2 teams from 4 seasons and 3 from another. I just hope tar never ends and if it does they either have every winning team :D :D or 11 best ever teams for overall brilliance! :colors

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #887 on: September 02, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
Are there any restrictions on how much clothing (including gloves) and simple first aid supplies (band-aids, daily meds & vitamins) you can bring in an Amazing Race backpack or is it just how much you can fit in there?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #888 on: September 02, 2013, 10:23:41 PM »
You can bring a steamer trunk if you want, lol. But there is a required first aid box that must be carried as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #889 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
I think I remember Phil saying in an interview they could bring 4 bags if they wanted, but they had to lug them around.
I think I'd try bring as much as little but a bag that you can carry or pull  along with you.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #890 on: September 26, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
This may sound stupid, but in TAR12, how did production actually find rental donkeys in Alaska for the final Roadblock? :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #891 on: September 26, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »
Probably took them from a field  :funny:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #892 on: September 26, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
This may sound stupid, but in TAR12, how did production actually find rental donkeys in Alaska for the final Roadblock? :lol:

ACME Donkey Rental...:lol:

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #893 on: October 06, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »

..... am now also literally wondering how the donkey was there in Alaska. LOL  :funny:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #894 on: October 21, 2013, 02:32:04 AM »
So here's a question.  Lately, we've gotten Zero Hour Pit Stops which are essentially non-elimination Legs, but with no penalties for the last place team.

These Zero-Hour Pit Stops, I think are different from the original TBC/double/superlegs because now they actually do treat these as officially Pit Stops and separate Legs, unlike before when it was clear teams continue Racing ("This Leg is not over...", etc.).

So, should those last place teams get a Speed Bump?
And if it's just to save money on an extra task, then I'd rather they go back to the superleg format with no prize for the first place team (more savings!) and the Leg continues with Phil merely a Route Marker.  Does that make sense? Am I overthinking it?  Does the distinction matter?  :nut:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #895 on: October 21, 2013, 04:03:46 AM »
It's supposed to be a ripoff of the superleg so that's why there aren't speedbumps.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #896 on: October 21, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »
The only difference is that they started giving out prizes OFFICIALLY and announcing the positions of the teams (Margie and Luke, season 18) when in the past, it's just teams arrived at the pit-stop, BUT THE RACE IS NOT OVER YET, KEEP RACING. However, teams actually did receive prizes for the TBC legs, where Jaime and Cara won something for theirs on TAR 14... just that in the past it's not shown.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #897 on: October 21, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »
Yeah, but prize or not, those "keep racing" legs I feel like, are one whole, superleg. While now, we get a non-elimination Leg and a regular Leg just with no "mandatory rest period," so the last place team should still get a Speed Bump?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #898 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:10 PM »
The "double leg" of the early seasons has evolved, folks.

Keep in mind that around TAR 14 to 18 the mandatory 12 hour rest period became a thing of the past, and that since there's no minimum period for a rest period between legs, there can be no rest period, which is what we saw, twice, in the season where those were introduced.

The use of "keep racing" continues from TAR 9, I believe as in TAR 6 the double leg was an improvisation in Hungary that happened to work. So I suspect that is where some of the confusion is coming from. The "keep racing" used to introduce the midpoint of a double leg; now it signifies when a no rest period pit stop takes place.

Don't overthink this, folks, it really isn't that hard to figure out; and we haven't seen a traditional double-length leg since the last visit to Sydney, IIRC.
-- theschnauzers

Offline grachevatw

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #899 on: October 22, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
did teams get penalty when they reached pitstop without the clue?
obviously,I wanna know the rule about above situations.
did any teams happen on TAR previously season? :colors