Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158888 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #850 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »
My question: I know Maria & Tiffany who switched detours three times in Netherlands before they ended up quitting, but did anyone else switched as much as they have or more?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #851 on: June 27, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
My question: I know Maria & Tiffany who switched detours three times in Netherlands before they ended up quitting, but did anyone else switched as much as they have or more?

Two that come to mind, from my records:

Race 13 - In Boots or Borscht, Andrew and Dan switched to Borscht after encountering trouble with properly putting on their boots, switch back when they realized they'd have to put them on regardless, then switched once again when Dan could not correctly march.

Race 14 - Keisha and Jenn similarly had great difficulties with both sides of the Sync or Swim detour.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #852 on: June 27, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

Race 13 - In Boots or Borscht, Andrew and Dan switched to Borscht after encountering trouble with properly putting on their boots, switch back when they realized they'd have to put them on regardless, then switched once again when Dan could not correctly march.

Race 14 - Keisha and Jenn similarly had great difficulties with both sides of the Sync or Swim detour.
I remember Flo & Zach wanting to switch more than once during the second Vietnam leg, but that didn't really happen. :groan:

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #853 on: June 27, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »
Flo & Zach went Boats-Bikes-Boats IIRC.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #854 on: June 28, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

:) WCPAMOTM, you got records?  :waves:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #855 on: June 28, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
Yes I do - to a degree. I'm a long-time lurked on various forums, and I've been watching TAR first-run episodes since race 1 ep. 2.  And thankfully, CBS rebroadcast ep. 1 very soon after.  I'm one of those nerds who began taking notes as soon as I started watching.  And while I haven't done a whole lot of original research myself, I have compiled and organized informations brought to the table by others.  So I have information synopses from many of the races.  It gets pretty spotty for about 15-20, but I plan to fix that during my current rematch project.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #856 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:59 AM »
If the Russian transit area of the airport is not considered Russian soil right, then how come Terence & Sarah were not allowed to re-enter Russia and run decoy?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #857 on: July 04, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
If the Russian transit area of the airport is not considered Russian soil right, then how come Terence & Sarah were not allowed to re-enter Russia and run decoy?

Transiting Moscow uses up a Visa, so I would call it "Russia" too.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #858 on: July 04, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »

Transiting Moscow uses up a Visa, so I would call it "Russia" too.

So how come Edward Snowden was allowed to enter Russia without visa or passport?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:50:52 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #859 on: July 04, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »
Because they are granting him Asylum. (maybe, tbd)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #860 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
Who's that Amazing Race music composer that has a website of all his musical works? I'd love to view him.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #861 on: July 10, 2013, 12:43:12 AM »
Snowden was allowed to leave Hong Kong by the local authorities and at the time it was thought Wikileaks was arranging to get him from Moscow to, most likely, Ecuador as an asylum-seeker, and probably through a connection in Havana.

Then he got there, and it's hard to know what exactly was going on. I'm under the impression he has no visa to go into Russia, so he's in the transit area outside of passport control and has been since he got there. It appears he'll have his choice now of 2 or 3 Latin American countries, depending on which one he accepts. I suspect, though, that if he doesn't, the Russians are likely to ask him to fly elsewhere anyway.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #862 on: July 10, 2013, 06:35:21 AM »
Who's that Amazing Race music composer that has a website of all his musical works? I'd love to view him.

That would be Lee Sanders!

http://www.sandersmusic.net/SandersMusic/SandersMusic____MUSIC.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #863 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:53 AM »

They actually switched more than three times. They kept switching until they couldn't do it anymore apparently.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #864 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:30 AM »
I think they tried to perform each detour twice , actually.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #865 on: July 14, 2013, 03:02:56 AM »

OK then, that's four. Thanks Declive. :lol:

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #866 on: July 14, 2013, 06:45:14 AM »
I have a question. If someone exercise their express pass to finish a Detour immediately and in front another teams decided to U-Turn them, do they need to do another side of the detour?
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #867 on: July 14, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
I have a question. If someone exercise their express pass to finish a Detour immediately and in front another teams decided to U-Turn them, do they need to do another side of the detour?
I think so. Express Pass can be used to skip only one task, while Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its pros and cons.

What really intrigues me is which Detour sode they must perform if they're U-Turned after skipping Detour.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #868 on: July 14, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »
They've got to perform the DT task that they didn't EP, or that's what I've always assumed :P

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #869 on: July 14, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »

No, three. :lol:

Detour A - Switch 1 - Detour B - Switch 2 - Detour A - Switch 3 - Detour B - Quit

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #870 on: July 14, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
Using an Express Pass on a Detour and being U-Turned is a commonly debated topic. Some people say that they skip the whole Detour and don't do the other side of the Detour. Others say what Theo said. I think that the only way we will know for sure is if that comes up on the actual race.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #871 on: July 15, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
Using an Express Pass on a Detour and being U-Turned is a commonly debated topic. Some people say that they skip the whole Detour and don't do the other side of the Detour. Others say what Theo said. I think that the only way we will know for sure is if that comes up on the actual race.
they skip one side i.e.: Ernie and Cindy in TAR 19.. i say that the UTURN acts like a RI and if they get there after being UTURND then they go back while if they get there and they are not uturned then they go on their merry way

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #872 on: August 19, 2013, 03:39:29 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knows why Seasons 12-14 were only 11 legs long?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #873 on: August 19, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »
CBS was cheapo :lol:

And counting the superleg, TAR14 was 12 legs long. :tup:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #874 on: August 19, 2013, 10:38:56 PM »

No, three. :lol:

Detour A - Switch 1 - Detour B - Switch 2 - Detour A - Switch 3 - Detour B - Quit
Adding on, in TAR14's Guilin leg (M/L & K/J fight), Jaime & Cara technically switched back and forth. They chose "Choreography" first, but then they wanted to go do "Calligraphy" after failing the routine twice. However, Cara's smart idea of continuing until the music stops led them back to doing "Choreo".
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)