Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158814 times)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #750 on: February 21, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
true just wondering lol
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #751 on: February 22, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
What exactly does Extended Pit Stop mean? I see that a lot in spoilers..

It's an outdated concept. The 12-hour Pit Stop was phased out many many seasons ago.

Almost all Pit Stops are more than 12 hours now. The only exceptions are the finale legs, which are often shorter than 12 hours.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #752 on: February 22, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
In other words, it is variable for what production needs.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TAR25

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #753 on: February 22, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »
What are those small black bags around the racers necks in the current season?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #754 on: February 22, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

Microphones

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #755 on: February 22, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »

Waterproof Microphones
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #756 on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »
All right, this one may be a stumper...

Before Season 16, what was the purpose of the numbered tags on the team's backpacks? Do the specific numbers assigned to each team correspond to something?

Also, why did they replace the tags with plain black ones in Season 16?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #757 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »

Before Season 16, what was the purpose of the numbered tags on the team's backpacks? Do the specific numbers assigned to each team correspond to something?

These are total guesses, but here goes:

The numbered tags were for production to keep track of the teams quicker without having to use their names? ???

They replaced them because the colored ones were too obvious for spoilers? ??? (That one might be true.)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #758 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »

These are total guesses, but here goes:

The numbered tags were for production to keep track of the teams quicker without having to use their names? ???

They replaced them because the colored ones were too obvious for spoilers? ??? (That one might be true.)

That was kind of my thought too, I just wanted some second or third opinions.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #759 on: March 12, 2013, 01:03:27 PM »
Are there any other teams not listed below who have been originally casted or auditioned for a season, but then were replaced by another team, then being casted on another season?

I know for sure Jill (John Vito & Jill) planned to be on the first season with her brother ??? , but then the NYC tragedy happened... Tian & Jaree were originally planned to be on season 3, but the producers lost their paperwork placing them in season 4... and Lucy & Emilia originally planned to be on TARaus1, but their mother fell I'll and were furthermore replaced by Alana & Mel bumping them to season 2. The missing family team from season 8 does not count.

Did I miss any other team? ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #760 on: March 12, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
I believe Luke, Margie, and two other family members were in the process of being on TAR 8. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be on it.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #761 on: March 13, 2013, 12:56:36 AM »
Uchenna & Joyce were cut at the last minute for TAR6, even to the point that they were sequestered at the SL.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #762 on: March 13, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
Uchenna & Joyce were cut at the last minute for TAR6, even to the point that they were sequestered at the SL.
Glad they were cut from TAR6 and bumped up to the seventh season. They would have had to deal with swimming before checking in... and all the painful dating and engaged teams that sixth installment.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheWarrior

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #764 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
Anyone knows where were the eliminated teams sent to upon elimination from Season 18-22?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
Anyone knows where were the eliminated teams sent to upon elimination from Season 18-22?
They still were sent to an "elimination station", but were not shown in TAR extras unlike all-stars through season 17. Can someone expand by explaining the locations of the stations? Would really appreciate it. :)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #766 on: March 21, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »
No idea but i think TAR's 18 and 19 went somewhere in Thailand...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #767 on: March 21, 2013, 01:58:44 PM »
TAR loves Thailand. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #768 on: March 21, 2013, 06:50:27 PM »
TAR loves Thailand. ;)
I think TAR20's ES might have been in Brazil ??? (city might be Rio or Saõ Paulo). Flights from Argentinian, Paraguayan, and European oneway flights to Brazil are fairly cheap. TAR21's has to be somewhere in Thailand for the amount of legs in Asia and Istanbul and Moscow's visits.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #769 on: March 22, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
GeorgiaPeach has developed relationships with most past Amazing Race team members. Why can't those contacts be used with one non-finalist from each season to answer the question of where the Elimination Stations were?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #770 on: March 23, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »
GeorgiaPeach has developed relationships with most past Amazing Race team members. Why can't those contacts be used with one non-finalist from each season to answer the question of where the Elimination Stations were?

True <3

And question:
(I know Peach wouldn't want to answer this :lol:)
Can you name teams/people that are loveeed on the show but are actually hated by many upon contact/real-life (or vice versa)? :o I've heard/read that Fran and Barry are not that nice than they are portrayed in the show (according to the Gaghans)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #771 on: March 23, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »

True <3

And question:
Can you name teams/people that are loveeed on the show but are actually hated by many upon contact/real-life (or vice versa)? :o I've heard/read that Fran and Barry are not that nice than they are portrayed in the show (according to the Gaghans)

Max & Katie :lol3:

That's an interesting thing about Fran & Barry .. how would the Gaghans know them, though?

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #772 on: March 23, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »

True <3

And question:
This is the opposite of your question, but Rob/Kim were probably hated for their constant arguing, but in real life i hear they're great people and are really good to each other.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #773 on: March 24, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »
And question:

Max & Katie :lol3:

That's an interesting thing about Fran & Barry .. how would the Gaghans know them, though?
On another forum I visit, someone who somewhat knows Max & Katie posts and he says they're pretty likable.

As for Fran & Barry and the Gaghans, there are TAR conventions. I believe I read this somewhere on RFF, but I think either Billy or Carissa wanted to meet Fran & Barry but were snubbed or something. As a side note, I found a show recap written by Fran & Barry and it was pretty rude about the racers (and a bit hypocritical).

To answer the original question, I think one of the best examples of someone disliked on the show but not in real life is Ray from Season 7. Everyone likes Ray!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #774 on: March 24, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »
Or you could ask Tammy. She use to follow and participate here in the forum.  Just look for banredbeans; that's her.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez