Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158882 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #625 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »
Which team in the has the record for the most consecutive 'Team #1'?

I'm curious to know as I've been re-watching TARAUS2 and Paul & Steve won 5 legs in a row....

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #626 on: November 07, 2012, 01:53:51 AM »

I'm curious to know as I've been re-watching TARAUS2 and Paul & Steve won 5 legs in a row....

If faux-pitstops are not involved, then Marc and Rovilson from TARAsia2 did a back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back 1st place finishes (7 in a row, that is! :lol:)

If faux-pitstops are considered pitstops, then no. They had a 2nd place somewhere between those wins
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #627 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:38 AM »

For the US TAR version, I think it's 4.

Nick & Starr, Meghan & Cheyne and Rachel & Dave have had a 4 leg streak of "Team #1".

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #628 on: November 07, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »

For the US TAR version, I think it's 4.

Nick & Starr, Meghan & Cheyne and Rachel & Dave have had a 4 leg streak of "Team #1".

I have the same data posted in one of the Ranking the Teams threads.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #629 on: November 13, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »
In TAR 13, there was a challenge where the teams had to look for their next destination in newspapers delivered to them. Didn't the previous season, 12, do that same exact challenge?

Offline Ikurriņa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #630 on: November 13, 2012, 04:22:50 PM »
In TAR 13, there was a challenge where the teams had to look for their next destination in newspapers delivered to them. Didn't the previous season, 12, do that same exact challenge?

Yes. In S12 it was in India and in S13 it was in Bolivia.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #631 on: November 13, 2012, 06:20:12 PM »
I want the race to do that agian, but have a secre Fast Forward clue hidden in the newspaper along with a normal route info.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »
Thank you for your answer, Leafsfan and theshnauzers. :)
Especially in the early season, when the vehicles provided are not sponsored, racers often encounter problems with their provided vehicles. Were the production crews deliberately tempering the vehicles to create more drama?

Hm. That is an interesting question! I thought about that myself when watching TAR 10! It seems like Rob & Kimberly had a bad car almost every single leg! :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have an adequate answer for you...anyone else have one? :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2012, 09:55:21 PM »
Production did not deliberately sabotage vehicles. However, if a provided vehicle had defects, production did not necessarily know about it, either. There was a policy that if a vehicle provided to the Racers became inoperable (could not be repaired), a replacement vehicle would be provided, but the team would not receive any time credit for time lost, whether the damage was caused by the Racers or not. (for instance, TAR 3 Dieselgate, TAR 6 in Hungary with Cold War era automobiles)
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #634 on: November 19, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »
I have questoin why does the caremen have packbags

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #635 on: November 19, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
I have questoin why does the caremen have packbags

Probably to carry extra batteries and tape/discs/memory cards for their cameras. :duno:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #636 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »
Just want to clarify on penalties, do tell me if I get anything wrong.

If you skip both sides of the detour, you will get a 24 hour penalty? [Unlikely that this can happen now. Back in TAR1, the detour which Nancy and Emily skipped was purely a choice between 2 modes of transport, and there was no task master to intervene and prevent them from entirely skipping it.]

If you attempted at least 1 side of the detour, but there are some reasons that didn't allow you to complete it, you will get a 4 hour penalty, like Josh and Brent? But in the case of Maria and Tiffany, there was no such thing as a closing time for their detour options, and they are forced to quit and get eliminated? Did they technically get any sort of penalty?

What about driving past the speeding limit in legs where teams self-drive? It has not been given to any team since TAR2 (for US version).

What about quitting a roadblock? Is the 4 hour penalty applied right after you declare you quit, or 4 hours after the next team arrives? What if you're already the last team to arrive?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #637 on: November 23, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

If you skip both sides of the detour, you will get a 24 hour penalty? [Unlikely that this can happen now. Back in TAR1, the detour which Nancy and Emily skipped was purely a choice between 2 modes of transport, and there was no task master to intervene and prevent them from entirely skipping it.]

If you attempted at least 1 side of the detour, but there are some reasons that didn't allow you to complete it, you will get a 4 hour penalty, like Josh and Brent? But in the case of Maria and Tiffany, there was no such thing as a closing time for their detour options, and they are forced to quit and get eliminated? Did they technically get any sort of penalty?

What about driving past the speeding limit in legs where teams self-drive? It has not been given to any team since TAR2 (for US version).

What about quitting a roadblock? Is the 4 hour penalty applied right after you declare you quit, or 4 hours after the next team arrives? What if you're already the last team to arrive?

You're way off  :lol: .

The 24 hour penalty was the penalty for quitting a Detour (both sides) up until TAR 17. Nowadays the penalty is apparently 6 hours (which is the amount of time Nick & Vicki were given in TAR 17 in Hong Kong). Anyway, I haven't watched TAR1 yet.

Josh & Brent sure did get a 4-hour penalty for the pool having to close and them unable to complete it. I'm sure that would've been the case for the library side of the Detour as well. For Maria & Tiffany, they were just unable to complete their Detour because it was quite too physical for them. It was their decision to quit, they weren't forced.. although yes, they technically did get a penalty which was 24 hours at the time.

Teams don't self-drive as much anymore sadly, but Terence & Sarah were given a penalty for speeding by boat which consisted of 30 minutes. Same thing, I haven't watched TAR2 either.

The 4-hour penalty is applied right after they decide, I don't recall such rule of it being applied after the next team arrives?

Hope this cleared everything  :tup:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #638 on: November 23, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »

You're close.

Sometime between Seasons 15 and 17 the penalty for quitting the Detour was shortened from 24 hours to 6 hours. With Josh & Brent's 4 hour penalty, I'm thinking it's due to each side being unavailable for completion, unless the penalty was shortened again.

Speeding has been an issue that has come up before more recently than Season 2. In All-Stars (Season 11) Kevin & Drew had production check to see if anyone sped. Terrence & Sarah got a penalty for speeding in Season 13, and I think that's the most recent.

The Roadblock rule is 4 hours after the next team arrives, unless you're the last team in which case it starts immediately. Now this rule might have also been changed since Season 7, but there is no evidence to think this I believe.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #639 on: November 26, 2012, 01:42:27 AM »
Is Episode 9 of TAR21 the first time in TAR history that every remaining team was on a DIFFERENT flight to the next destination?  :o

Don Task

« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Warning: Stupid question ahead!

How is it possible that Abbie & Ryan have booked two pairs of tickets from Moscow to Amsterdam? I always thought that they may book just one pair.  :duno:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »

How is it possible that Abbie & Ryan have booked two pairs of tickets from Moscow to Amsterdam? I always thought that they may book just one pair.  :duno:
Nope, the only season where teams could only buy one set of tickets is the first. :tup:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »
Is Episode 9 of TAR21 the first time in TAR history that every remaining team was on a DIFFERENT flight to the next destination?  :o

Nope. Season 6 Final Leg: Each team was on a different flight to both Honolulu and Chicago.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #643 on: November 27, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »

I am pretty sure that A/R only booked a 2nd flight from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. That was in case they missed the connection and if that 2d flight got booked up.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »

Yes. (For that number of teams only). It has been the largest spread-out ever. Including those that got to go to Larnaca!

paldog123456

« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »

Yes. (For that number of teams only). It has been the largest spread-out ever. Including those that got to go to Larnaca!

I still wish that they went to Paris instead. :lol: (I like Texas a lot, but I think it would've been HILARIOUS.)

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #646 on: November 27, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »

I still wish that they went to Paris instead. :lol: (I like Texas a lot, but I think it would've been HILARIOUS.)
exactly! i dont get y the chippies told them it was the wrong country i would have let them book tickets on another flight

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #647 on: November 28, 2012, 03:49:03 AM »
In all versions of TAR around the world, which team firstly nullified the U-Turn deliberately for strategic purposes? Is it
Show content
Summer & Eachen
from
Show content
CR2
who U-Turned a team way in front of them in order to save an ally team behind from being U-Turned?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #648 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »
In all versions of TAR around the world, which team firstly nullified the U-Turn deliberately for strategic purposes? Is it
Show content
Summer & Eachen
from
Show content
CR2
who U-Turned a team way in front of them in order to save an ally team behind from being U-Turned?

Yeah i remember that.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #649 on: November 28, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
Are the racers allowed to take ipods on the race?