Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158864 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #550 on: August 16, 2012, 02:42:26 AM »
Hey! Maybe this question has been asked before and I know that this is crazy, but what actually is WRP? :lol: :-[
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #551 on: August 16, 2012, 04:22:20 AM »
Hey! Maybe this question has been asked before and I know that this is crazy, but what actually is WRP? :lol: :-[

World Race Productions

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #552 on: August 16, 2012, 04:42:20 AM »

World Race Productions
Thanks kev! :hrt:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #553 on: August 16, 2012, 03:15:46 PM »
Actually its "WorldRace Productions" or so it appears when they apply for permits and so forth, and its also the way its used on the closing credit card at the end of each episode.
-- theschnauzers

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: August 22, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »
In the Jamaica leg in TAR7, there was a task in between the limbo Road Block and the rafting Detour. It involved searching a school for a clue while the children were chanting "hot or cold", and got edited out of the two-hour episode, but was included in international broadcasts where the two legs aired separately (as in the original episode the first leg ran short but the second leg ran long). So my question, for the American fans, is: Was that task included in any form on the DVD?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #555 on: August 22, 2012, 01:40:38 AM »
It may be included, but due to the weird way deleted scenes are on there, I've never taken the time to watch them (you have to press a button when a symbol pops up in the middle of an episode where the scene would go). And I don't have any of my DVDs with me right now, so I can't check.

So yeah, it might be on there, but it isn't part of the episode.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #556 on: August 22, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
In the Jamaica leg in TAR7, there was a task in between the limbo Road Block and the rafting Detour. It involved searching a school for a clue while the children were chanting "hot or cold", and got edited out of the two-hour episode, but was included in international broadcasts where the two legs aired separately (as in the original episode the first leg ran short but the second leg ran long). So my question, for the American fans, is: Was that task included in any form on the DVD?

As a current owner of the DVD the answer to that is no.. i am really intregued by this task

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »
I've been wondering about one thing related to spoilers. I know that many shows including The Amazing Race require local people to whom the contestants resort to sign a secrecy contract which bans their spreading spoilers. If they don't want to sign, their faces will be blurred on the show. But if those people who didn't sign spread spoilers before the show airs, is it against the law and could the crew sue them?

I ask this question because a similar thing has happened to The Voice of China. Due to the fact that most Chinese people don't want to leak their personal information, the crew did not ask audiences in the live recording locale to sign the secrecy contract. The result is that spoilers are all over the Internet now.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2012, 09:55:24 PM »
I've been wondering about one thing related to spoilers. I know that many shows including The Amazing Race require local people to whom the contestants resort to sign a secrecy contract which bans their spreading spoilers. If they don't want to sign, their faces will be blurred on the show. But if those people who didn't sign spread spoilers before the show airs, is it against the law and could the crew sue them?

I ask this question because a similar thing has happened to The Voice of China. Due to the fact that most Chinese people don't want to leak their personal information, the crew did not ask audiences in the live recording locale to sign the secrecy contract. The result is that spoilers are all over the Internet now.

I don't know how to answer that. The closest I've been to reality TV show filming is when I crashed into the filming of Survivor. However the contestants did not have a cameraman with them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2012, 11:39:08 PM »
No, the agreement that is signed by someone who is filmed allows CBS to use the footage on TV. It has nothing to do with spoilers.

NDA agreements are signed by those who WORK on or for the show...and yes, those are legally binding.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: August 26, 2012, 01:28:07 AM »

I don't know how to answer that. The closest I've been to reality TV show filming is when I crashed into the filming of Survivor. However the contestants did not have a cameraman with them.

I would love to know the story behind this!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: August 26, 2012, 01:51:30 AM »

I would love to know the story behind this!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but anyway. Before you get your hopes up, this was the SWEDISH version of Survivor. I was 4 or 5 when this happened.. I think it was between 2000-2002. We were expats from Australia living in Malaysia at the time, and one day we decided to take a spontaneous boat trip off the east coast to an island called Rawa. On the way we stopped at another island to just chill out (I'm not sure what it was called). We were all just playing on the beach and these two guys saw us and came up to us and explained they were on the show and we needed to get off the island or the crew would get angry. Before we left them, they asked for a few provisions from us (i.e. grapes, sandwiches, cigarettes, lighters) which we gave them. We left the island and that was it. I don't really remember it because
1. I was so young
2. I've never watched any edition of Survivor
I DO have a printed photo in my scrapbook of the two guys, maybe someone could tell me who they are and what season, because I actually wouldn't mind knowing :lol: Here it is:

ETA: After a bit of research, I believe the contestant on the left is Tommy Jensen from Expedition Robinson 2001
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:10:45 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #562 on: August 26, 2012, 02:37:03 AM »
That is so awesome, supah3ro!  :colors

addie

« Reply #563 on: August 26, 2012, 03:30:20 AM »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #564 on: August 26, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
As to the audience aspect; spoilers have been common for American Idol, especially for the song choices for the week's performances by the contestants at the dress rehearsal that takes place a few hours before the live broadcasts.

I haven't heard about the US version of The Voice, but I haven't gone looking for those either. But with the early rounds that are pre-recorded, I wouldn't be surprised if it is happening with those, as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: August 26, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »
Wow! Really cool supah3ro!!!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #566 on: September 05, 2012, 06:46:53 AM »
Is this true?

If a team used the Express Pass to skip a Detour and that team is U-Turned, the U-Turn is void.

Source is Wikipedia.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #567 on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
Is this true?

If a team used the Express Pass to skip a Detour and that team is U-Turned, the U-Turn is void.

Source is Wikipedia.
It's never come up in any episode, so unless it has a source I assume it is incorrect, much like the "If a team doesn't use the EP before leg 8 they are required to do the Fast Forward", which was on wikipedia for quite a while before it was removed.

I mean, that doesn't even make sense. Why would skipping one task let you skip a second task also?

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #568 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
Is this true?

Source is Wikipedia.

i believe what this is trying to say is that if a team is uturned (lets say Ron and Christina) iby kynt and vyxsin.  while ron and chrstina completed spirt world they can use there express pass to those "nullify" that they have to do natural world (i just finished watch TAR unfinished buisness epi 2)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #569 on: September 06, 2012, 04:41:49 AM »
I actually understand this. The team used the EP to skip the DETOUR. They then get U-Turned and are forced to go back and do a task that they have already skipped. Therefore, the U-Turn is void. I don't like this, however. And also, if someone gets U-Turned, and they quit the U-Turn Detour, is the penalty the same?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #570 on: September 06, 2012, 08:02:29 AM »
I actually understand this. The team used the EP to skip the DETOUR. They then get U-Turned and are forced to go back and do a task that they have already skipped. Therefore, the U-Turn is void. I don't like this, however. And also, if someone gets U-Turned, and they quit the U-Turn Detour, is the penalty the same?
The EP lets you skip a task. The Detour is two tasks, but you only have to do one of them. Each time a team uses the EP, they always choose who is doing the Roadblock or which Detour task they'd do. Therefore, using the EP on the Detour task and then getting U-turned would make you go back and do the Detour task you hadn't selected. That's why this "rule" doesn't make any sense and more than likely isn't real.

But yes, I presume the penalty for quitting a Detour after being U-turned would be the same as not completing the Detour.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
The EP lets you skip a task. The Detour is two tasks, but you only have to do one of them. Each time a team uses the EP, they always choose who is doing the Roadblock or which Detour task they'd do. Therefore, using the EP on the Detour task and then getting U-turned would make you go back and do the Detour task you hadn't selected. That's why this "rule" doesn't make any sense and more than likely isn't real.

Once you're done with the Detour task, you would go to the U-Turn board and get your next clue. If someone U-Turns you after that, it would be like Laurence & Zac trying to U-Turn Amani & Marcus. The U-Turn would be void because you've already gotten your next clue, not because you used your Express Pass.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #572 on: September 11, 2012, 12:59:40 AM »
If the clue requires the team to take a taxi to somewhere but contestants decide to take the subway (or even walk) instead due to shortage of money, will it incur a penalty?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #573 on: September 11, 2012, 01:30:44 AM »
If the clue requires the team to take a taxi to somewhere but contestants decide to take the subway (or even walk) instead due to shortage of money, will it incur a penalty?

Yes, definitely. I can only remember examples the other way around, but if the clue states that a team MUST do something, they'll be penalised if they don't.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #574 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:29 AM »

During Leg 10 of TAR13, Toni & Dallas took the Moscow subway instead of a taxi to their next clue. Instead of getting a Pit Stop penalty, however, they were immediately told by the woman handing out clues to return to the Roadblock location and take a taxi back to her.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"