Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158816 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #500 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:31 AM »
Yes
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ikennynguyen

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #501 on: June 11, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
Hi guys! I've been following this blog since the start of TAR 20, so I'm kind of new lol. I just had a question on Leg 2 of TAR19: I saw on Wikipedia that someone had said that teams had checked into the pitstop for some  amount of time before they made them re-film and then run back to the orphanage due to production not arriving at the orphanage in time? Something like that IIRC? Does anyone know if that actually did happen, because when the teams are checking in, it's almost like a majority of them knew that they had done something wrong. Wikipedia can be incorrect obviously so I just wasn't sure...and also wasn't sure if this was a dumb question lol thanks!  :tup:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #502 on: June 12, 2012, 12:11:06 AM »
Firstly ,  :bigwelcome to RFF , ikennynguyen!

Secondly , i have no idea.  :lol: But that looks interesting to know!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2012, 08:58:43 PM »
Hi guys! I've been following this blog since the start of TAR 20, so I'm kind of new lol. I just had a question on Leg 2 of TAR19: I saw on Wikipedia that someone had said that teams had checked into the pitstop for some  amount of time before they made them re-film and then run back to the orphanage due to production not arriving at the orphanage in time? Something like that IIRC? Does anyone know if that actually did happen, because when the teams are checking in, it's almost like a majority of them knew that they had done something wrong. Wikipedia can be incorrect obviously so I just wasn't sure...and also wasn't sure if this was a dumb question lol thanks!  :tup:

From what I remember teams got ahead of production somehow and they had to refilm some sequences. I think you could ask eddiethejet.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
Just thought of this question.

When teams are buying train, bus, or subway tickets, do they buy all 4 tickets for themselves and camera crew or only 2 tickets for themselves?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:54 PM »
Depends on what they're using to pay for the tickets. If they're using the production credit card (for airfare although one season they were permitted to use it for fuel for vehicles) they actually are purchasing tickets for both the team and the two-person camera crew. If they're using their cash (whether or not we know how much they have for a leg, they are paying only for themselves, and the camera crew pays for their own tickets. If its a single fare (regardless of how many, or fuel or tolls for a vehicle) then the team is paying for the crew as well.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #506 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »
Thanks theschnauzers! :hugs:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2012, 01:54:18 AM »
New challenge:
Let's figure out the episodes where Phil's voiceover is taken over by an impostor, my contribution: Season 11 Leg 2, I'm listening to the opening voiceover cringing and thinking "that's not Phil, this is so wrong"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #508 on: June 30, 2012, 04:13:06 AM »
New challenge:
Let's figure out the episodes where Phil's voiceover is taken over by an impostor, my contribution: Season 11 Leg 2, I'm listening to the opening voiceover cringing and thinking "that's not Phil, this is so wrong"

Just checked it out and it does sound like regular Phil!

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2012, 06:30:36 AM »
New challenge:

I listened to EP2 and EP3 and I don't hear a difference.  Are you talking about the "Previously on the Amazing Race" part or after the opening credits?

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #510 on: June 30, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »
It's interesting to notice that Phil presents all the voiceover of TAR while Jeff Probst doesn't do so for his Survivor. Actually I don't know yet who does that for Survivor... :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
Phil has been known to have to do overdubs for the voiceovers on a phone, in the middle of nowhere, if they're editing and have an audio problem to fix. Sometimes the planned standovers get overtaken by editing decisions, and it's easier for the editors to call Phil up and have Phil read the revision aloud over the telephone. (I remember Phil mentioning this in interviews over the years, so it has happened more than once.0 There is always going to be differences in audio quality due to differences in ambient sound, equipment used, and background noises (inside versus outside, for example.)
And this is usually how the editors handle Phil's voiceovers when they decide to take out route markers from the episode in editing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #512 on: July 01, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
New challenge:

I listened to EP2 and EP3 and I don't hear a difference.  Are you talking about the "Previously on the Amazing Race" part or after the opening credits?
All the voiceovers in episode 2 are by a different person, though during the middle of the episode he almost manages to get the right accent
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
What are the exact details on decoys running the race? It happens with the top 6 teams I believe? and what exactly do the teams do when they run as decoys? Just follow and watch the other teams and be present at key points or perhaps random points to throw spoilers off? Do they ever actually perform any of the tasks?

I saw footage once of a decoy team running into a cab being filmed. I searched the last 10 pages of the thread and didn't see anything so I apologize if this was already addressed!

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
I'm not aware that WRP has ever done so with original TAR, although there were issues with some betting sites in Las Vegas during the time frame of some early TAR seasons (I'm thinking 5-6-7, but I can't remember precisely at the moment).

The only U.S. program that I'm aware of that has ever brought a suit of that sort was Mark Burnett's company over Survivor a cycle of two ago involving Russell Hantz.

This doesn't mean that there might not have been cease-and-desist letters from a show's lawyers, but we rarely heard about those.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/buzz-news/gossip-and-news/170665-why-was-angelea-preston-disqualified-from-antm

America's Next Top Model had an issue with a contestant revealing herself on facebook. My boyfriend told me she posted a facebook status saying she was america's next top model. They then re-filmed the entire finale without her present and chose a different winner.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #515 on: July 07, 2012, 06:07:10 AM »
What season of TAR does have the shortest route after Season 8?

Wiki states that Season 12 has the shortest route after season 8. However, on the same site, Season 12's route is longer than Season 15.
Season 12 traveled 30,000 miles, while Season 15 traveled 25,000 miles. I don't know how they count the distance traveled so I'll just ask here.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #516 on: July 07, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
I wouldn't rely on the show's announced mileage because as far as I know, every independent effort to verify their numbers have failed.
Off the top of my head, I would think TAR 7 was likely the shortest excluding FE, simply because of its route -- eastward from LA to as far as India, then turning back to the Caribbean and Miami. Except for those two, there was a lap touching at least 22 time zones in every season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #517 on: July 12, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »
I've watched almost every season but my memory is a bit fuzzy. Has there been a season with no or very few rivalries between teams and did this make it boring to watch?

addie

« Reply #518 on: July 12, 2012, 07:16:09 AM »
Let's see, from what I've seen:

Season 1: Everyone vs. Guidos
Season 3: ?!?!?
Season 4: Millie and Chuck vs. Kelly and Jon
Season 5: Charla and Mirna vs. almost everyone, Chip & Kim vs. Colin & Christie
Season 6: Adam and Rebecca vs. Freddy and Kendra, Everyone vs. Jonathan & Victoria
Season 12: ?!?!?
Season 13: Kelly & Christy vs. Nick & Starr
Season 14: Kisha & Jen vs. Margie & Luke
Season 15: Globetrotters vs. Sam and Da
Season 16: Brent and Caite/Louie and Michael vs. Carol & Brandy
Season 17: Chad & Stephanie vs. Nat & Kat
Season 18: ?!?!?!
Season 19: ?!?!?!
Season 20: Vanessa & Ralph/Art & JJ vs. Brendan & Rachel

I thought season 3 and 12 where two of the best seasons.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #519 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »
TAR7:    Rob & Amber vs. Everybody.
TAR8:    The Linz vs. The Weavers.
TAR9:    MoJo vs. The Hippies.
TAR10:  Bama vs. The Beauty Queens.

And I can also add:
TAR2:   Tara vs. Will  :lol:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #520 on: July 12, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
3 had the Twin Hunt though that really only lasted until Morocco.  :lol:

Offline compac171

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2012, 12:00:19 PM »
TARLA 1: Ferna and Fran vs Tamara and Matias
TARLA 3: Anyone, they where so soft whit each other and was almost boring to watch  :'(
Mexican teens love The Amazing Race too :D

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #522 on: July 12, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »
TAR11: Charla & Mirna vs. Rob&Amber, Dustin&Kandice and Teri&Ian, with at least three previews saying "x&y are confronted by Charla&Mirna"
The story so far:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #523 on: July 12, 2012, 04:34:14 PM »
TARaus1: Everyone vs. Richard & Joey

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #524 on: July 12, 2012, 04:34:50 PM »
TarAus2 : Grace vs Paul?