Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161545 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
Question: How did Justin & Jennifer get past CBS casting? Given that Jennifer can't stand Justin, I don't think they will be a very good team...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »
HA! Casting LOVES conflict.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2011, 07:26:34 AM »
What is the penalty for quitting a U-turn?

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »

I think it's just like quitting a detour. 4 hours.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2011, 03:51:54 PM »

4 hours for quitting roadblocks, 6 hours for quitting detours. I'm not sure when the penalty for quitting roadblocks dropped from 24 hours to 6 hours. Anyone know? Also, does anyone know how long the penalty is for quitting normal tasks? In China Rush it's 2 hours, but I don't know if anyone's actually quit a task in the American version.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2011, 12:04:31 AM »

4 hours for quitting roadblocks, 6 hours for quitting detours. I'm not sure when the penalty for quitting roadblocks dropped from 24 hours to 6 hours. Anyone know? Also, does anyone know how long the penalty is for quitting normal tasks? In China Rush it's 2 hours, but I don't know if anyone's actually quit a task in the American version.

For the drop, I assume you mean detours :P. I think the first time it was 6 hours was Nick and Vicki getting it in season 17. Before that Maria and Tiffany in season 15 received 24 hours for quitting their detour.

I could be completely wrong, but that's what I remember.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »

You're right. 6 hours for quitting detours. I made it wrong.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2011, 08:37:25 PM »

For the drop, I assume you mean detours :P. I think the first time it was 6 hours was Nick and Vicki getting it in season 17. Before that Maria and Tiffany in season 15 received 24 hours for quitting their detour.

I could be completely wrong, but that's what I remember.
Saravannan, I think you are wrong about the penalties for Maria and Tiffany. In episode 7, they failed to complete the "Golf" DETOUR and were also unable to do the "Ring the bell with strength" DETOUR. That would have resulted in a penalty of either 24 hours or the "prevailing not did complete DETOUR" penalty if different. The only time in the history of the Amazing Race at that point was that it been assessed in AR1, episode 9 to Emily and Nancy. However, all other teams finished up ahead of Maria and Tiffany, so the "fail to complete DETOUR" penalty was not actually assessed, although it would have been if necessary.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
Question: Has anyone quit the race because of injury?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »

Yup! Season 5. Marshall and Lance. One of them got a bad knee and cannot keep going on. I think. It was in Cairo, Egypt.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2011, 12:12:39 AM »

Maria & Tiffany got 2-hours in the Season 15 because two of their tourists got kidnapped by the Japanese Mafia lost in their hunt for the pit stop, and it was a non-elimination leg.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »

Yup! Season 5. Marshall and Lance. One of them got a bad knee and cannot keep going on. I think. It was in Cairo, Egypt.

Got it. Thanks!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2011, 04:19:30 PM »
Not quite. It was across the Nile River from Karnak in southern Egypt. Marshall and Lance were actually destined for last place and elimination long before Marshall's knees gave out. I remember that Phil actually came to the "digging in the sand" ROADBLOCK site to eliminate them.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
We don't know that they were destined for last place but for the injury; my recollection was that the knee injury was hampering them the entire leg, and it was at the roadblock they had to quit because the one who was injured couldn't do the task any longer (and I suspect medical said he had to quit because continuing would have made the injury more serious. But Phil did go to the Roadblock to eliminate them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2011, 04:59:23 AM »

hi...

Did you remember Andre and Damon from from Amazing Race 3? they were one of the competitors for the million dollar prize...

But they eventually eliminated in the race.... due to some critical mistakes... during the 7th leg... from morocco to germany.. then they were lost when they headed to austria...
the Amazing Racer will race for an adventure of a lifetime....

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2011, 06:53:40 AM »
A girl named Silvia on Weibo.com said she encountered with some contestants of a home-made version of TAR in America. The game was on for two days. Here's a photo:

Was this game organized by fans here in RFF? :lol:

好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #216 on: October 22, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
:groan: There are hundreds of these, probably thousands if you include Singapore and the Philippines. Let's not start chasing these pretty please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
:groan: There are hundreds of these, probably thousands if you include Singapore and the Philippines. Let's not start chasing these pretty please?

I'm just curious about it :lol: OK, let them go :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »
Has there been a rule that contestants are not allowed to use low-cost airlines? ??? I remember once reading something like that... But this season teams used Air Asia which is low-cost airline, same in season 15 when they used Air Baltic. So if there was that kind of rule, it's not in use anymore?  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »
No overall rule that I know of. But in some places, they are told they can ONLY use *** airlines.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »
Question: What is the penalty for quitting a Route-Info in the US version and Asian version? (Has it ever happened?)

I know on China Rush S2 it happened, which incurred a 2 hour penalty, the same as quitting other tasks in this season.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »
Question: What is the penalty for quitting a Route-Info in the US version and Asian version? (Has it ever happened?)

I know on China Rush S2 it happened, which incurred a 2 hour penalty, the same as quitting other tasks in this season.

Maria and Tiffany is Season 15, Episode 1 didn't quit the RI but lost 2 people in their tour and got a 2 hour penalty.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2011, 04:36:25 AM »
When has the race featured or acknowledged individuals or teams that raced in previous editions of the race?

The only instances I can think of are:
During the Season 15 Switchback Roadblock, a replay of Lena & Kristy from Season 6 is shown.
In the Family Edition, Kevin (or was it Drew?) hands racers a clue in New York.

Are there any others like this? (Not including All-Star seasons obviously)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2011, 06:51:21 AM »
The Bowling Moms tshirt that ?? wore...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »
Flo was mentioned by name in the first episode of season 4 by Chris in encouraging Amanda in a task.
-- theschnauzers