Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1165368 times)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2425 on: April 04, 2020, 03:14:48 PM »
Oh many rich people play survivor, russell hantz is one of them, wait was victoria's husband, the most violent racer ever on tarus, forgot his name, can be considered among the richest ever? i mean he got ferrari or sumthin
Swarm stupidity

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2426 on: April 05, 2020, 12:16:10 PM »
Oh many rich people play survivor, russell hantz is one of them, wait was victoria's husband, the most violent racer ever on tarus, forgot his name, can be considered among the richest ever? i mean he got ferrari or sumthin

Jonathan Baker is like, the most memorable racer of all time.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2427 on: April 05, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
TAR Canada 6 had Olympic bronze medalist in skeleton Mellisa Hollingsworth. (A teammate of host Jon Montgomery too)

It's interesting that this happened. I wonder if there are any other regulation in other countries that may have prohibited this.

Are there any other cases of the host being friends with any of the other first-time racers?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:24:12 PM by Genius »

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2428 on: April 05, 2020, 12:28:12 PM »
Going back to the topic of richest racers before the race, we forgot about Jonathan Knight (TAR26), who was one of the members of New Kids On The Block.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2429 on: April 05, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »
Unsure if this had been asked or not, but what was the total distance covered by both of TAR22's legs in Bora Bora after they landed from Tahiti? I just want to understand just how short in travel it was.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2430 on: April 26, 2020, 11:49:15 PM »
I'm currently re-watching TAR24. In Leg 2, Mark & Mallory were first after the Roadblock but Mark left his backpack on the Roadblock location, thus costing them the race. I wonder if after teams check in to the Pit Stop (of course with the passport in their hands), they are allowed to go back to a task location or ask someone to pick up something they left there?

Another question, at the starting of Leg 2, the departure order for Leg 2 for some teams differs with the placements from Leg 1 because some teams received time credits due to production. What are those time credit examples?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:01:16 AM by Kamineko »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2431 on: April 27, 2020, 12:34:02 AM »
I wonder if after teams check in to the Pit Stop (of course with the passport in their hands), they are allowed to go back to a task location or ask someone to pick up something they left there?

Nope.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2432 on: April 27, 2020, 12:45:07 AM »
Has it ever happened that the contestants and the crew happened to witness some incidents during the race? Parades, demonstrations, bomb attack, etc.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2433 on: April 27, 2020, 01:08:11 AM »
I wonder if after teams check in to the Pit Stop (of course with the passport in their hands), they are allowed to go back to a task location or ask someone to pick up something they left there?

Nope.

So once they left their things somewhere in the leg and checked in, their things are officially "lost"? :o

Thanks, peach!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2434 on: April 27, 2020, 01:22:39 AM »

Nope.

So once they left their things somewhere in the leg and checked in, their things are officially "lost"? :o

Thanks, peach!

I think in that case they are unable to check in and must go back to get their stuff
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2435 on: April 27, 2020, 03:19:27 AM »

Nope.

Thanks, peach!

I think in that case they are unable to check in and must go back to get their stuff

I'm wondering if the following case could be possible:

Team A allies with Team B. In one leg Team A finishes the final task in advance and tells Team B where the pitstop is. Team B asks a passenger (maybe a TAR fan) nearby to deliver team members' luggages to the pitstop (by taxi, for example) in order to lessen the weight. Once Team B finishes the final task,  the team runs to the pitstop without burden.

If it is acceptable, another question is that if the final clue asks teams to WALK to the pitstop, is the abovementioned tactic against the rule?   
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2436 on: April 27, 2020, 06:15:49 AM »

Nope.

Reminds me of TAR 16 where Steve and Allie forgot to bring their backpacks after the detour on Seychelles, and the next leg, they were begging for some clothes to Louie & Michael, implying that they couldn't go back to the detour spot and get it back after the leg ended
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2437 on: April 27, 2020, 01:50:57 PM »

They have to have a passport to check in. So that's true for that.

Anything else is optional. You can go back or leave it, usually your choice BEFORE you check in.  Remember when Mark (newly paired with Mallory) left his backpack? Mallory said leave it, he refused, led directly to their early elim.

Once you check in, that's it.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2438 on: April 27, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »
Has it ever happened that the contestants and the crew happened to witness some incidents during the race? Parades, demonstrations, bomb attack, etc.
Season 1 had teams traveling out of Tunis to Rome and they were alerted of a Rome-Fiumicino airport worker strike that scattered teams to different airports before converging back again.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2439 on: April 28, 2020, 02:11:42 AM »

Anything else is optional. You can go back or leave it, usually your choice BEFORE you check in.  Remember when Mark (newly paired with Mallory) left his backpack? Mallory said leave it, he refused, led directly to their early elim.

As other have written, Steve & Allie realized they had left their bags but decided to press on without them.
Once they got eliminated they were reunited wit their bags. It turned out that production had collected them.
But I do not think future racers should assume that this will always happen.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #2440 on: April 28, 2020, 02:26:32 AM »

Oh I think I understand now. If teams can take their belongings that are left somewhere in task location, all teams may take this advantage and we might see 11 teams running like they're in the final leg even in Leg 1. :lol:

But can they drop their bags somewhere in the vicinity of the Pit Stop mat so they get less weight while running to the Pit Stop? But assuming the infamous moment where Jonathan yelled at Victoria for carrying his backpack that he dropped on purpose while running to the Pit Stop in Berlin happened, I think they have to bring their belongings to the mat?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2441 on: April 28, 2020, 05:14:38 AM »

Oh I think I understand now. If teams can take their belongings that are left somewhere in task location, all teams may take this advantage and we might see 11 teams running like they're in the final leg even in Leg 1. :lol:

But can they drop their bags somewhere in the vicinity of the Pit Stop mat so they get less weight while running to the Pit Stop? But assuming the infamous moment where Jonathan yelled at Victoria for carrying his backpack that he dropped on purpose while running to the Pit Stop in Berlin happened, I think they have to bring their belongings to the mat?

You can drop bags if you're in sight of the matt.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2442 on: April 28, 2020, 08:32:09 AM »

You can drop bags if you're in sight of the matt.
Adding in the addition with self-driving legs where you may leave your belongings in the car if there is parking available on site at the Pit Stop location (season 9's twelve-legged foot race at the wilderness resort in Darwin, Australia, season 11's Guam visit with Fort Soledad).

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2443 on: May 22, 2020, 08:46:08 AM »
Ok so in an alternate world where Natalie & Nadiya find the wedding dress shop in Guangzhou earlier and aren't eliminated, who would be eliminated?

Would they eliminate Joey & Meghan as they were last to the pitstop or would Caroline & Jen be eliminated because after all the time credits were addressed they left the pitstop in last place. Surely they can't bring C & J out and say you're eliminated but it would be unfair to Joey & Meghan if they're eliminated them too due to production error. Or would they make it a non-elim with no penalty or something.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2444 on: May 22, 2020, 10:23:50 AM »
Ok so in an alternate world where Natalie & Nadiya find the wedding dress shop in Guangzhou earlier and aren't eliminated, who would be eliminated?

Would they eliminate Joey & Meghan as they were last to the pitstop or would Caroline & Jen be eliminated because after all the time credits were addressed they left the pitstop in last place. Surely they can't bring C & J out and say you're eliminated but it would be unfair to Joey & Meghan if they're eliminated them too due to production error. Or would they make it a non-elim with no penalty or something.
I'm pretty sure non-eliminations are settled and finalized before the race even begins. They've definitely done eliminations in the earlier seasons where they brought out the teams to go over what happened (the Heather & Eve "walk to the Pit Stop" comprehension where Eve played off arriving 1st via miracle). I would see Caroline & Jen, Joey & Meghan and Jess & John having to go through that, and ending up with Caroline & Jen eliminated because of the addressed issues from production.

It would've been better to see and acknowledge what happened because none of this season makes any sense.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2445 on: May 28, 2020, 07:34:20 PM »
In which case is the penalty executed on the spot and in which case at the pit stop?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2446 on: May 28, 2020, 11:37:22 PM »
In which case is the penalty executed on the spot and in which case at the pit stop?
For quitters, it's determined by this question, "Is it possible for the penalized team(s) to interfere with other teams? (YES/NO)".
It's been streamlined and constantly fixed between seasons, although not perfect.

Prime examples of on-site penalties (YES):
TAR7's infamous Argentinian feast Roadblock- Susan & Patrick and Debbie & Bianca were still behind Romber, Ray & Deana, and Meredith & Gretchen at the time they opted to quit the task.
TAR15 Globetrotters' Franz Roadblock- it was early in the leg and their likelihood to interfere with the other three teams would've been plausible.
TAR31 Art & JJ's quit: Rupert & Laura were still behind when the border patrols decided to forfeit.

Prime examples of transferred penalties to the Pit Stop (NO):
TAR6 Hayden & Aaron's untimely proposal: this one is a one-off mainly because it was determined by logistics that the two teams were initially expected to be in the same penalty situation and the Roadblock location was closing shop for the day. So both teams and crew had to leave regardless.
TAR10 Kellie & Jamie's flaming arrows: they were the last team left on the course when they decided to call it a day.
TAR17 Nick & Vicki's Detour quit: they were the last team at that time.
TAR22 and 25's beachside Roadblocks: because the people who banded together to forfeit were already in last, it was smarter to just give them the clue and battle for their spot in the next leg.

For transportation and rule infractions, it's always been and will always be announced with plot twist "however"s at the Pit Stop.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2447 on: May 29, 2020, 03:14:26 AM »

I would like to know what the production error was.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2448 on: May 29, 2020, 08:33:45 PM »
For quitters, it's determined by this question, "Is it possible for the penalized team(s) to interfere with other teams? (YES/NO)".
It's been streamlined and constantly fixed between seasons, although not perfect.

Prime examples of on-site penalties (YES):
TAR7's infamous Argentinian feast Roadblock- Susan & Patrick and Debbie & Bianca were still behind Romber, Ray & Deana, and Meredith & Gretchen at the time they opted to quit the task.
TAR15 Globetrotters' Franz Roadblock- it was early in the leg and their likelihood to interfere with the other three teams would've been plausible.
TAR31 Art & JJ's quit: Rupert & Laura were still behind when the border patrols decided to forfeit.

Prime examples of transferred penalties to the Pit Stop (NO):
TAR6 Hayden & Aaron's untimely proposal: this one is a one-off mainly because it was determined by logistics that the two teams were initially expected to be in the same penalty situation and the Roadblock location was closing shop for the day. So both teams and crew had to leave regardless.
TAR10 Kellie & Jamie's flaming arrows: they were the last team left on the course when they decided to call it a day.
TAR17 Nick & Vicki's Detour quit: they were the last team at that time.
TAR22 and 25's beachside Roadblocks: because the people who banded together to forfeit were already in last, it was smarter to just give them the clue and battle for their spot in the next leg.

For transportation and rule infractions, it's always been and will always be announced with plot twist "however"s at the Pit Stop.

I get it. Thanks!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Stone

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2449 on: June 01, 2020, 11:14:40 PM »
Has a leg ever been seriously impacted, delayed, or downright cancelled and replaced due to inclement weather?

I'm not talking about stuff like wind making it so Jason & Amy couldn't do the fast forward in Vienna. Has it ever been raining or snowing so hard teams couldn't get flights in and/or production had to scrap planned tasks? I'm watching S28 and noticed it raining during the Shenzhen leg and made me think how TAR seems to have remarkably good weather most of the time.