Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161316 times)

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2350 on: July 17, 2019, 06:00:22 AM »
Well, for that reason, they may still wait out the penalty after the Head to Head but before checking in :duno:

But basically, there's a lot of issues with Head-to-Heads :funny:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2351 on: July 17, 2019, 07:28:36 AM »
Well, for that reason, they may still wait out the penalty after the Head to Head but before checking in :duno:

But basically, there's a lot of issues with Head-to-Heads :funny:

I've thought of that, but then it would really depend how long the Head-to-Head takes to be setup by production. Putting it into the Race as a pit stop task was definitely a choice.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #2352 on: July 17, 2019, 09:23:53 AM »
Yeah, I think Pit Stop Tasks like the one from TAR 31 (Penultimate Leg) are a much better idea than Head-to-Heads :tup:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2353 on: July 17, 2019, 02:36:34 PM »
What would happen if a team showed up to the Head to Head with a penalty?

My guess is that they'll wait out the penalty before lining up for the Head-to-Head. So other teams could pass them and attempt the Head-to-Head before them. Could be fair if they had like a 15-minute to a 1-hr penalty, but is kind of unfair if they had a 6-hr penalty and still manage to beat the last team. :/

And what if the non-penaltied team won that last H2H? Would they still depart 6 hrs later because the penaltied team had to technically wait out the 6 hrs before the H2H? :duno:

Depending on the time of the penalty, if quitting a H2H is only 2h, then it's worth it to quit before the other team's 6 hour penalty is finished

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2354 on: July 17, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
My guess is that production would do what it’s done in the past. If the team didn’t or couldn’t wait out the penalty at the task where it occurred and it infraction was discovered later, it would be imposed at the Mat before the team could check in and after all other tasks. I don’t think they’d imposed it at the head to head since a second head would be disadvantaged unfairly.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2355 on: July 25, 2019, 07:53:15 AM »
Do some teams bring adult diapers into the race?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #2356 on: July 25, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »
I checked TARCAN 7 for this leg's placements earlier and what I found out was that someone did re-edit and mess the race summary stating that teams visit to Saudi Arabia & Venezuela. What  can you say about this?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2357 on: July 25, 2019, 03:25:45 PM »
Just a troll, lol. Look at the editors' edit history, they've messed around with other TAR seasons' pages.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2358 on: August 14, 2019, 04:35:17 AM »
Any American teams surrender an expired Express Pass before? I don't seem to remember any team doing so off the top of my head.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2359 on: August 14, 2019, 06:23:35 AM »
Any American teams surrender an expired Express Pass before? I don't seem to remember any team doing so off the top of my head.
Didn't team fun in 29? I know they had something they ended up never using.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2360 on: August 14, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
Besides the shove in Berlin during season 6, and Luke and Jen's clue box body-checking in season 14, has any racer in any edition ever physically attacked another racer from another team, and if so, what were the consequences inflicted upon them by race rules if any?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2361 on: August 14, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
Besides the shove in Berlin during season 6, and Luke and Jen's clue box body-checking in season 14, has any racer in any edition ever physically attacked another racer from another team, and if so, what were the consequences inflicted upon them by race rules if any?
I wouldn't call it an attack, but Dan and Sam got psychical with the globetrotters racing to the pit stop in Estonia in 15. From what i remember someone tripped and grabbed the other team and brought them down with them. I don't think there was any consequence.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2362 on: August 14, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »
I wouldn't call it an attack, but Dan and Sam got psychical with the globetrotters racing to the pit stop in Estonia in 15. From what i remember someone tripped and grabbed the other team and brought them down with them. I don't think there was any consequence.
Yeah, the foot race in Estonia was basically getting toe-tangled and both people tripping over, and then starting false accusations. :funny: I'm just surprised after so many seasons in so many editions, we haven't had a trashy violent fight break out - yet - or one that I remember or know of. Closest other one that's not what I truly mean is season 5, Christie physically blocking the entrance to the airport in Cairo from Mirna.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:01:35 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2363 on: August 14, 2019, 09:20:45 PM »
Yeah, the foot race in Estonia was basically getting toe-tangled and both people tripping over, and then starting false accusations. :funny: I'm just surprised after so many seasons in so many editions, we haven't had a trashy violent fight break out - yet - or one that I remember or know of. Closest other one that's not what I truly mean is season 5, Christie physically blocking the entrance to the airport in Cairo from Mirna.
Team Guido practically did the same thing in season 1. Blocked with their bodies

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2364 on: August 15, 2019, 08:52:53 AM »
Has any team that is basically ''workhorse female partner, useless male partner'' ever appeared in any of the Race iterations?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #2365 on: August 15, 2019, 10:11:15 AM »
Has any team that is basically ''workhorse female partner, useless male partner'' ever appeared in any of the Race iterations?

Lenny & Karyn from TAR 1 come to mind.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2366 on: August 15, 2019, 10:45:51 AM »
Tian & Jaree from S4
what might have been

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2367 on: August 15, 2019, 10:48:50 AM »

Adam & Rebecca from S6

Tian & Jaree from S4

That's... not... what?
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2368 on: August 15, 2019, 10:55:09 AM »
lol misread my bad...  :groan:

Shamir & Sara of S29
Vanck and Ashton

Margie & Luke from TAR14.... Luke isnt exactly clueless but Margie basically carried their team... other teams didnt called her bionic woman for nothing

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:59:17 AM by elthemagnifico »
what might have been

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2369 on: August 16, 2019, 08:47:18 AM »
is Egypt still blacklisted as Race course tho?
what might have been

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #2370 on: August 17, 2019, 11:02:08 AM »
What was the first instance of teams having to self-drive manual cars?
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2371 on: August 17, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »
Adam & Rebeeca (S6)
Ron & Chris (S12, 18)
Margie & Luke (S14, 18, and I don't agree them for 24)
Nick & Vicki (S17)
Shamir & Sara (S29)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2372 on: August 17, 2019, 11:56:32 PM »
What if a team chooses to ignore the clue's transportation choice, and gets a flight instead of taking a train per clue, how much penalty would they get?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2373 on: August 18, 2019, 04:08:51 AM »
What if a team chooses to ignore the clue's transportation choice, and gets a flight instead of taking a train per clue, how much penalty would they get?

Probably like Kent & Vyxsin, 30 minutes?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2374 on: August 18, 2019, 04:15:45 AM »
The penalty will be the time gained plus 30 minutes, not sure how the use of the air travel card would be handled.
-- theschnauzers