Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161497 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2300 on: June 08, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »
How long does a leg usually run normally/in general, counting from teams left the airport/station until the first team check-in to the Pit Stop?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2301 on: June 09, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
The closest thing I can think of is in leg 7 of TAR 12, where teams had to travel by bus from Dubrovnik to Split, before traveling by ferry to Italy. The bus ride would've passed through the narrow coastal part of Bosnia & Herzegovina but it isn't commented on by the show.

Ah yes, I just made that journey in the reverse direction (from Split to Dubrovnik). Honestly Bosnia and Herzegovina is really due for a visit in the US version. It will be a leg for the history buffs, since so many notable events have happened in that country. It can be as emotional as Senegal in TAR6 and Poland in TAR11.

On topic:

I guess we may never know, but if there is no clear #2 team for the U-turn after the 1st round of voting, how will the 2nd round of voting be carried out?

Also, if this U-turn vote becomes a fixture in future seasons, perhaps things like immunities, idols and advantages may appear as well?  :duno:

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2302 on: June 09, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »
How long does a leg usually run normally/in general, counting from teams left the airport/station until the first team check-in to the Pit Stop?

I would say 2-3-4 hours, since a roadblock/detour these day no more than 1 hour
i miss old TAR with gruelling challenges which took them for hours, stacking watermelons in S20 was so epic
Swarm stupidity

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2303 on: June 11, 2019, 09:37:37 PM »
I wonder what is the most expensive task put together on The Amazing Race? (US version)

I immediately think of the WWI Detour/Speed Bump/U-Turn in France on season 6. A full-scale war reenactment with vintage aircraft, staged explosions, actors, and specific setup for the actual tasks themselves.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2304 on: June 12, 2019, 03:42:54 AM »
I think it may have been the champagne waltz task in Vienna. Season 4 leg 3. There were a lot of extras and an orchestra for that one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2305 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »
I think it may have been the champagne waltz task in Vienna. Season 4 leg 3. There were a lot of extras and an orchestra for that one.

And that was a fast forward! No wonder they cut back on those starting in S5. Waste of money if no one takes it.

I thought I recall something saying the season 23 finale had that helicopter challenge where you had to drop objects onto a target and that was one of the most expensive tasks they did.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2306 on: June 12, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
This question assumes that the Rolex roadblock clue mentioned something about having to gather ingredients and cook the Rolex. If Brit had yelled to Janie something like "Read the clue" as she ran by, would that have been a violation of roadblock help rules? It would not have conveyed any SPECIFIC task information.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2307 on: June 12, 2019, 02:18:44 PM »
This question assumes that the Rolex roadblock clue mentioned something about having to gather ingredients and cook the Rolex. If Brit had yelled to Janie something like "Read the clue" as she ran by, would that have been a violation of roadblock help rules? It would not have conveyed any SPECIFIC task information.

You can encourage "You're doing great. Stay focused" But i don't think you can suggest anything.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2308 on: June 12, 2019, 04:13:41 PM »

As far as I know, 'read your clue' has always been allowed?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2309 on: June 12, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »
Hmmm...I wouldn't think so. No help from the inactive partner allowed. Encouragement yes.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2310 on: June 12, 2019, 06:25:50 PM »
read your clue should have been prohibited by production already. We saw multiple incidents of these on TAR30 (leg 11 with Kristi's roadblock) and TAR31 (leg 1 with Bret's roadblock and leg 6 with Janelle).

If it was not banned by production, all of the inactive partners would have surely yelled 'read your clue' to the participating partner.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2311 on: June 12, 2019, 08:27:08 PM »
I increasingly consider “read your clue (completely)” to now be the most important rule other than “know where your passport is at all times.”
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2312 on: June 16, 2019, 03:50:21 AM »
Anybody know top secret behind scene info about production cost in one season?
how much in comparison to survivor production cost in one season? 2:1? 3:1? 4:1?
they produce survivor twice a year and TAR barely 1 per year
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:01:30 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2313 on: June 17, 2019, 07:14:04 PM »
Most expensive thing to pay would've been Phil Keoghan's salary per season.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2314 on: June 17, 2019, 09:23:58 PM »
The size of production across the planet, season by season numbers in the thousands. Neither Survivor nor Big Brother have that to contend with. Plus travel for cast and production that isn’t local, The cost of lodging meals, etc., for eliminated contestants is probably similar, but that is perhaps leveled out by the longer periods needed for Survivor and Big Brother than TAR.

I don’t know that the actual amounts have ever been stated.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2315 on: June 17, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »
IIRC TAR employs more less 2,000 people all over the world and Survivor employs more less 325 people. Per season.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2316 on: June 25, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »
Sometimes I feel that there are a lot of unnecessary costs that could have been trimmed. For example, do you need so many people playing instruments on the side? Are they necessary if it is not a music/dance task? Are the costumes for the contestants really necessary?

Question: Do they actually hold the teams up at the airport arrival hall and release them all at once? Or are they allowed to race as per normal?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2317 on: June 25, 2019, 05:24:29 PM »
Question: Do they actually hold the teams up at the airport arrival hall and release them all at once? Or are they allowed to race as per normal?

I think that depends on whether or not every team is on the same flight, or if multiple flights have been provided by production (such as TAR24 to and through Malaysia)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2318 on: June 26, 2019, 12:57:25 AM »
What are some instances that we see the teams drinking some alcohol? I only remember TAR 26.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2319 on: June 26, 2019, 02:16:34 AM »
You’d have to go back to the very early season when the teams were allowed to mingle at pit stops. TAR 2 in South Africa at the winery pit stop is the one that comes to mind.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2320 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:58 AM »
TAR 30 had a black death shot in Iceland.

Tar 6 had Gus drinking a Beer
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2321 on: June 28, 2019, 05:49:10 PM »
What are some instances that we see the teams drinking some alcohol? I only remember TAR 26.

There was one where the team had to finish a 'boot' of beer (unsure of season).

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2322 on: June 28, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »

There was one where the team had to finish a 'boot' of beer (unsure of season).

That was in TAR16.

Vodka detour in TAR5 comes to my mind...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2323 on: June 28, 2019, 11:27:05 PM »
Don't forget TAR15's absinthe, which made Brian visibly drunk afterwards.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2324 on: June 29, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »

I think that depends on whether or not every team is on the same flight, or if multiple flights have been provided by production (such as TAR24 to and through Malaysia)

There is some mention of this at the 1h 40 min mark.

http://cococaliente.libsyn.com/ep22-amazing-race-31-w-colin-christie-live-podcast