Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161245 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2250 on: December 03, 2018, 10:02:07 AM »
I'm wondering if any team has gone from 11th place all the way to first in the premiere leg before.... I can't remember, if any, off the top of my head. I know there have been several instances of the other way around.

Tanner & Josh - last to finish the bike race; first on the mat.
Oh, how could I have forgotten that they're boat bike broke. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2251 on: December 04, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
Do winners receive their prize as soon as the Race is finished or do they have to wait until it airs? Given the waiting period, it would be a shame if a winner experienced financial difficulties and had to sell his house or something while waiting for the prize.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2252 on: December 04, 2018, 02:29:29 PM »
Do winners receive their prize as soon as the Race is finished or do they have to wait until it airs? Given the waiting period, it would be a shame if a winner experienced financial difficulties and had to sell his house or something while waiting for the prize.

Traditionally, they were always given it afterward. I saw past leg winners post about how they received their cars and such almost a year after the finale aired.

If a team suddenly came into money or started taking trips they normally couldn't afford, that's kind of a dead giveaway to the people they personally know.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2253 on: December 04, 2018, 02:41:46 PM »

Traditionally, they were always given it afterward. I saw past leg winners post about how they received their cars and such almost a year after the finale aired.

If a team suddenly came into money or started taking trips they normally couldn't afford, that's kind of a dead giveaway to the people they personally know.
It's also almost used as a ransom. "If you talk, you don't get this"
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2254 on: December 05, 2018, 02:03:26 AM »

It's also almost used as a ransom. "If you talk, you don't get this"

TAR revised its rules about the prize after Reichen from TAR 4 were spotted buying what would be otherwise unaffordable to him prior to winning, along with his buying habits that sparkled after winning the race.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2255 on: December 16, 2018, 02:41:05 PM »
I'm sure this has been previously discussed, but I've heard multiple times about an instance where 2 versions of the Amazing Race were running through an airport at the same time. Does anyone know what seasons and the airport it occured in?

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2256 on: December 16, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »
I'm sure this has been previously discussed, but I've heard multiple times about an instance where 2 versions of the Amazing Race were running through an airport at the same time. Does anyone know what seasons and the airport it occured in?

I believe it was TAR12 & TARA2 at Prague airport, correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2257 on: December 18, 2018, 04:33:43 AM »
For countries which require US Passport holders a visa, who processes them? Production
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2258 on: January 04, 2019, 12:50:09 AM »
I'm not sure if this was addressed back when it aired, but how come, in Season 19 Leg 2 (Indonesia), some teams (like Liz & Marie and Bill & Cathi) have zero reaction when Phil "checks" them in & seem like they already knew they did something wrong? Was there some refilming done or was it just bad editing?

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2259 on: January 04, 2019, 01:12:23 PM »
I'm not sure if this was addressed back when it aired, but how come, in Season 19 Leg 2 (Indonesia), some teams (like Liz & Marie and Bill & Cathi) have zero reaction when Phil "checks" them in & seem like they already knew they did something wrong? Was there some refilming done or was it just bad editing?

They saw Ernie & Cindy running back from pit stop and they told them what happened, I guess. So they were not surprised by it then.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2260 on: January 05, 2019, 12:31:36 AM »

TAR12 didn't visit Prague.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #2261 on: January 05, 2019, 01:08:55 AM »

TAR12 didn't visit Prague.

You are correct, TAR 12 never visited Prague, but some teams made connections through the Prague Airport.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2262 on: January 05, 2019, 11:54:09 AM »
Another question about TAR 19: in Leg 11, teams appear to take a train to Amsterdam in their Tintin outfits. Where did their bags go? lol

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2263 on: January 17, 2019, 06:46:32 AM »
I thought I might take a moment here to bring up two questions I made where someone offered to provide me an answer but never got around to it.

1. Have we ever figured out the location of the incident where Andre & Damon got arrested on TAR3? It was a Mosque in some small city in Morocco.
2. Have we found the old "RFF Radio Interview with Wally Bransen" that talks about the Belize leg in TAR8 getting cancelled?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2264 on: March 01, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »
I have this memory of an instance on TAR where a team ran into a local's car or damaged a local's car in some way, and when they tried to apologize and move on the local said to them "Sorry's not gonna cut it this time". Did I imagine this, because I can't find it for the life of me?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2265 on: March 01, 2019, 09:00:24 PM »
I have this memory of an instance on TAR where a team ran into a local's car or damaged a local's car in some way, and when they tried to apologize and move on the local said to them "Sorry's not gonna cut it this time". Did I imagine this, because I can't find it for the life of me?

TAR Asia 1 Leg 1, Ernie & Jenna I think!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2266 on: March 03, 2019, 06:18:56 AM »

TAR 18 Jamie & Cara, the Japan leg.

Offline Koadey

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2267 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:27 AM »
I know this is a silly question, but what would they do if two teams arrived at the Finish Line at the same time, literally hopping on the finish line together?

Also, is there any reason why TAR might not have considered these places:
1. Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, Israel (is it possible?)
2. Dublin, Ireland
3. Male, Maldives (is it logistical?)
4. Jakarta, Indonesia

Also, I was surprised to see on this thread that they haven't visited Melbourne yet. I know TAR Canada went to Jakarta, but I'm surprised about TARUSA and also, I'm very surprised they haven't been to Dublin after 32 seasons.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2268 on: March 06, 2019, 10:50:38 AM »
The first season of the Australian edition did visit both Israeli cities.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2269 on: March 06, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »
The American version's production has stated before that they won't go to Israel due to "the high cost of insurance", though that was a while ago.

TAR Asia 1 and 5, as well as TAR Canada 6 have visited Jakarta.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2270 on: March 17, 2019, 04:25:20 AM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:22:43 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2271 on: March 17, 2019, 05:04:24 PM »
Been that way for the last three years.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #2272 on: March 17, 2019, 07:29:00 PM »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:22:25 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #2273 on: April 01, 2019, 06:06:23 PM »
There are some countries which are yet to be visited by US teams: Suriname, French Guiana, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Serbia, Belarus, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Angola, Comoros, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Lesotho, Rwanda, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Myanmar, Brunei, East Timor, Tibet, Fiji, Vanuatu, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, American Samoa, etc.

How will you rate which one is dangerous and which one is safe?

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #2274 on: April 01, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »
Swaziland

Swaziland changed its name to eSwatini last year, just letting you know.