Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161320 times)

Gra1162

Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2200 on: June 25, 2018, 05:34:58 AM »
Which leg is the shortest anyway to complete? I'm pretty sure a Fast Forward was involved there.
TAR 13 Leg 7, most teams finish within an hour
Yep even though to concept of the holiday festival was good it was just way to short

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2201 on: July 03, 2018, 11:50:07 PM »
Okay, then what about Cyprus, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan?

All of these countries are at a 1. Believe it or not, but all the "-Stan" countries that were part of the Soviet Union have grown relatively safe throughout the years. From the time the Soviet Union collapsed to the present day. I hope TAR visits these countries soon, my two picks would be:

Uzbekistan, so TAR has officially visited the two doubly-landlocked countries.
Kyrgyzstan: Underrated country of an underrated region of the world.

I visited both Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan (already featured in TAR once) last year and both were safe countries. However, regarding the red tape to film there, I am not so sure.
The capital of Kazakhstan, Astana, is quite pretty with interesting buildings. Meanwhile, Kyrgyzstan has stunning mountain locales and lakes.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2202 on: July 07, 2018, 05:46:37 AM »
Have we had a colour-blind racer yet? I'm struggling to remember one...

I asked this ages ago, but I just discovered that Yosiel from Israel Season 5 is colour-blind. When at the U-Turn reveal board, he couldn't tell if the icon was Red (U-turned) or Green (safe).
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2203 on: July 07, 2018, 05:51:51 AM »
Jesse O'Brien from TAR Australia 3 is also colour-blind, being unable to see the yellow coloured balloons in the Portuguese detour!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2204 on: July 08, 2018, 11:37:27 AM »
Is Kosovo a safe country to visit? I mean it's mostly safe in terms of no conflict, but it's receiving a lot of flak from Serbia, so...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2205 on: July 08, 2018, 04:46:46 PM »
Is Kosovo a safe country to visit? I mean it's mostly safe in terms of no conflict, but it's receiving a lot of flak from Serbia, so...
I see no harm in visiting Kosovo. I just feel like between them and Serbia, they are having that similar Mainland China-Taiwan "is it a country? is it ours?" debate. Both are fine to travel to.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Gra1162

« Reply #2206 on: July 08, 2018, 07:11:29 PM »
I see no harm in visiting Kosovo. I just feel like between them and Serbia, they are having that similar Mainland China-Taiwan "is it a country? is it ours?" debate. Both are fine to travel to.
Exactly being from a Chinese family we always say that Japan is ours, Korea is ours , Taiwan is ours heck they even say the Philippines is ours which I find really annoying and untrue

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2207 on: July 09, 2018, 10:35:28 AM »
Exactly being from a Chinese family we always say that Japan is ours, Korea is ours , Taiwan is ours heck they even say the Philippines is ours which I find really annoying and untrue

Aw, glad to see people from w/i China also share a similar opinion. I mean, while Chinese people as a whole pretty fine, their government is just... too much at times.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2208 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »
I think Kosovo would probably fall into a similar category as Israel/Palestine.

Though it's probably relatively safe to go there, it may bring some awkward geo-political issues to have a major US television production filming in a nation that half the world is adamant doesn't legally exist- especially when Russia and China are on that side.

It'd be cool, but I don't see us going there until they reach an agreement with Serbia, and their independence is recognized by the Serbs.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2209 on: July 09, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »
On that note, TAR can soon look at visiting what has been known as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, being renamed as North Macedonia, as soon as the naming dispute resolution is completely implemented.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:03:39 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

CocoNuts

« Reply #2210 on: July 13, 2018, 11:22:50 AM »
what countries had planned visits but weren't visited after that we know of??

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2211 on: July 18, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »
Philippines & Australia in S24, I think, and then Laos in S19.
There are surely more, some we know about and I've forgotten, and presumably many more we have no clue about.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2212 on: July 18, 2018, 07:33:04 AM »
Argentina in S2. Istanbul in S5, Belize in S8. Qatar in S24

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2213 on: July 18, 2018, 10:01:22 AM »
Would s15 count for that too?

I remember they had to change the route prior to filming because of the swine flu epidemic in 2009

IIRC, South Korea, India, Ghana, and Brazil were some of the mentioned planned countries

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2214 on: July 18, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »
One season was supposed to visit "a baltic country" and didn't get to. I think it was also S15
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

CocoNuts

« Reply #2215 on: July 18, 2018, 05:23:52 PM »
Season 24 would have been so much better with Australia, Philippines, and Qatar!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2216 on: July 18, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
Was it Kota Kinabulu that replaced Melbourne on Leg 3?  :dick :furious:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2217 on: July 18, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »
One season was supposed to visit "a baltic country" and didn't get to. I think it was also S15
S15 visited Estonia, so it is not likely to be it

S5 had planned visits to Japan too, which got replaced by the Philippines legs

I thought Qatar was for S25 and got replaced by Morocco, not s24

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2218 on: July 19, 2018, 04:42:16 PM »
Oops, I think it was a "Balkan" country, not "Baltic". I get those mixed up.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2219 on: July 20, 2018, 05:43:28 AM »
We need a wiki page on cancelled legs, it's such an interesting and yet forgettable topic.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2220 on: July 20, 2018, 07:11:38 AM »
I always wondered what would be Mo & Mos's reaction if they survived up at least Leg 9 and realize that they're gonna be flying to Israel in TAR Aus 1.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Gra1162

« Reply #2221 on: July 20, 2018, 07:44:01 AM »
I always wondered what would be Mo & Mos's reaction if they survived up at least Leg 9 and realize that they're gonna be flying to Israel in TAR Aus 1.
I think this should be in the " The Amazing Race what if" thread by anyways i think they are still last if they survived till leg 9

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2222 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »
I think this should be in the " The Amazing Race what if" thread by anyways i think they are still last if they survived till leg 9

That's not what Lemontail is referring to...

Muslims in Israel, well, it doesn't quite work...

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2223 on: July 20, 2018, 09:20:26 AM »

What about Americans in Israel? I really want TARUS to visit Israel, but I don't think if it's even possible.

Also what is current TAR status for Russia? Is TAR avoiding it because of recent controversy with president vote? Russia wasn't visited since TAR21.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2224 on: July 20, 2018, 11:34:04 AM »

What about Americans in Israel? I really want TARUS to visit Israel, but I don't think if it's even possible.

Also what is current TAR status for Russia? Is TAR avoiding it because of recent controversy with president vote? Russia wasn't visited since TAR21.
I'm pretty sure Russia is fine to visit. Australia hasn't been visited since Unfinished Business and there's no conflict going on between the States and Australia. I'm simply sensing inopportune coincidence.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)