Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161337 times)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2125 on: March 24, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
In leg 6 of TAR US 21, at the pit-stop there was a Turkish band playing some tune, is there somebody who recognizes that tune? Like is there a name for that routine?
I really liked the band's tune and I cannot for the life of me find out what the tune is, so if someone identifies it, do let me know.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2126 on: March 29, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »
I know in the earlier seasons they did, but in the later seasons, did the race ever have a flight after the first leg (not counting the final leg) that connected through the US?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2127 on: March 29, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
Aside from Season 8?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2128 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
Any season after the first all-stars

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2129 on: March 29, 2018, 04:18:56 PM »
I believe the two flights in TAR 25 from St. Thomas to London connected through Atlanta.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2130 on: April 01, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
Does anybody kbow the flight that teams took on S15 leg 12?

They were seen taking a British Airways flight from Prague.

When landing in Vegas we see they were on Virgin Atlantic.

British Airways has only operated flights from Prague to London Heathrow whereas Virgin has only operated Vegas flights from London Gatwick. Does this mean teams had a change of airports in London? Or maybe it was just a BA exterior shot but they definitely took a Virgin flight and the only operators of Prague to Gatwick would've most likely have been Easyjet.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2131 on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »
Does anybody kbow the flight that teams took on S15 leg 12?

They were seen taking a British Airways flight from Prague.

When landing in Vegas we see they were on Virgin Atlantic.

British Airways has only operated flights from Prague to London Heathrow whereas Virgin has only operated Vegas flights from London Gatwick. Does this mean teams had a change of airports in London? Or maybe it was just a BA exterior shot but they definitely took a Virgin flight and the only operators of Prague to Gatwick would've most likely have been Easyjet.

I asked Dan:

"I think we did take a transfer bus  and then I know we went on virgin to USA." He thinks transfer was Heathrow to Gatwick. Good pick up!

:waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2132 on: April 04, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
https://nypost.com/2017/05/31/amazing-race-crew-reveal-their-craziest-behind-the-scenes-tales/

The article talks about a team in Hong Kong that refused to check in. Any ideas as to who it was?

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2133 on: April 04, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
Pretty sure it was Mary & Peach.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2134 on: April 04, 2018, 12:41:42 PM »

Yeah, it was after dark, they knew they were getting eliminated, so they just were like "screw it, let's go have dinner". I remember that.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2135 on: April 04, 2018, 05:43:32 PM »

Yeah, it was after dark, they knew they were getting eliminated, so they just were like "screw it, let's go have dinner". I remember that.

'We're made our own Pit Stop' <3333333

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2136 on: April 05, 2018, 03:49:26 PM »
Peach was also sick from the tea they had to drink.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2137 on: May 04, 2018, 02:07:35 PM »
How many teams who were marked for elimination/handicapped/speed bumped also u-turned or yielded in the subsequent leg? Like I know in TAR US Nicky & Kim and Steve & Aly had to complete a speed bump in Leg 8 and were also u-turned on the same leg, Tanner & Josh were handicapped in Leg 9 and were also u-turned.
Has this happened on any other season/edition??

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2138 on: May 04, 2018, 02:22:45 PM »
Ron & Kelly (if you count losing money as a handicap)
Eric & Danielle
Amani & Marcus (failed)
Mona & Beth
Liz & Michael
Ryan & Rob
Rita & Yvette

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2139 on: May 05, 2018, 05:28:56 AM »
Thanks Xoruz for that list.
I completely forgot about Ryan & Rob, quite possibly one of the most unlucky in the history of TAR.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #2140 on: May 18, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »
Here's my question for you: Who's the only all-female team to complete all 4 countries / states of U.K. ? ( England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland )

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2141 on: May 18, 2018, 02:01:29 AM »
Here's my question for you: Who's the only all-female team to complete all 4 countries / states of U.K. ? ( England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland )

Caroline and Jennifer?

Gra1162

« Reply #2142 on: May 18, 2018, 02:31:46 AM »
There is this question that is seriously bordering me if the us version and that leg there is a head to head what happens if a team decided to quit the RB or a detour what happens if they won their first head to head do they serve it right in the spot or the start of the next leg?

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #2143 on: May 18, 2018, 03:09:24 AM »

Caroline and Jennifer?

Correct Bourkie!  CaroJen's got luckier after being NEL'd twice in TAR 24: All-Stars 2.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2144 on: May 18, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »
There is this question that is seriously bordering me if the us version and that leg there is a head to head what happens if a team decided to quit the RB or a detour what happens if they won their first head to head do they serve it right in the spot or the start of the next leg?
Clarifying, do you mean, "what if a team quits a task prior to the head-to-head duel?" If so....
The team would serve the penalty after arriving at the Pit Stop since they would be ahead of another team if they did win a head-to-head. Plus, if it was an on-site penalty for a major task that has a 4 and 6 hour wait-out time, I doubt the producers would allow for the second-to-last place team to wait hours on end too for that penalized team.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2145 on: May 18, 2018, 08:38:22 AM »
Clarifying, do you mean, "what if a team quits a task prior to the head-to-head duel?" If so....
The team would serve the penalty after arriving at the Pit Stop since they would be ahead of another team if they did win a head-to-head. Plus, if it was an on-site penalty for a major task that has a 4 and 6 hour wait-out time, I doubt the producers would allow for the second-to-last place team to wait hours on end too for that penalized team.

Yes. In TARCan 3 Kristin was injured during the roadblock in Leg 5. As she was unable to play, she took a penalty at the face off (head-to-head, double battle, whatever you may) and that prompted Simi & Ope to also take a penalty. What Simi & Ope didn't realize was that there was still a team trailing behind - Nic & Sabrina. So when Nic & Sabrina finally arrived but since there was nobody left for them to go against, they got the clue without performing the face off and without receiving a penalty. Nic & Sabrina received penalties for the detour later on (it was too dark for them to perform it) so Nic & Sabrina checked in dead last but placed 6th because of Simi & Ope and Neil & Kristin. To their weird luck, the leg was also a KOR.

And by the way, this was TARCan's first try out with the face off.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2146 on: May 18, 2018, 09:43:42 AM »
And Last right?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2147 on: May 19, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »
And Last right?

It's been done every season since  :furious: Same rules though (placed mid-leg, last team has to serve a time penalty before continuing to race).

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2148 on: May 20, 2018, 08:24:50 AM »
And Last right?

I wish LOL. All of the face offs ever since have been sooooooooo subpar.
They had like two face offs on curling and crockinole and they were basically the same (I mean there are finer nuances if you actually play the sport, but still.)

Offline The Amazing JAJ

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2149 on: May 30, 2018, 10:48:22 AM »
Has there ever been a pair of male and female twins on the race? I'm pretty sure there hasn't, but I could be mistaken...