Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161869 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2075 on: December 28, 2017, 01:46:40 AM »
When is the soonest after a season is filmed that it can air (i.e. how long does it take to edit a season for broadcasting)?
To add a little on this: that season and the following season had to be edited on the fly as the season was being filmed, as CBS originally announced an even earlier premiere date, but had to delay it in order to place TAR on a weeknight, IIRC. It had originally been announced for a Saturday slot. I think The Futon Critic show page for the episodes would show this.
That was an unusual period, as three seasons were aired almost literally back-to-back-to-back in a period of eight or nine months or so.

Season 5 ended on September 21st, 2004; season 6 began airing on November 16th,2004  it ended on February 8th, 2005 (with a record 15 episodes), Season 7 began airing on March 1st, 2005 and concluded on May 10th, 2005: again with 15 episodes. The site does not contain any episode dates prior to 5.04 at the beginning of August 2004.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:02:17 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2076 on: January 01, 2018, 07:42:47 AM »
When is the soonest after a season is filmed that it can air (i.e. how long does it take to edit a season for broadcasting)?
To add a little on this: that season and the following season had to be edited on the fly as the season was being filmed, as CBS originally announced an even earlier premiere date, but had to delay it in order to place TAR on a weeknight, IIRC. It had originally been announced for a Saturday slot. I think The Futon Critic show page for the episodes would show this.
That was an unusual period, as three seasons were aired almost literally back-to-back-to-back in a period of eight or nine months or so.

Season 5 ended on September 21st, 2004; season 6 began airing on November 16th,2004  it ended on February 8th, 2005 (with a record 15 episodes), Season 7 began airing on March 1st, 2005 and concluded on May 10th, 2005: again with 15 episodes. The site does not contain any episode dates prior to 5.04 at the beginning of August 2004.
Saturday, oh wow. TAR would have been a scheduling record-setter if that happened. It has been everywhere from Monday to Sunday. Has the show ever aired episodes on Saturday including any rare reruns?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2077 on: January 01, 2018, 07:56:27 AM »

Saturday, oh wow. TAR would have been a scheduling record-setter if that happened. It has been everywhere from Monday to Sunday. Has the show ever aired episodes on Saturday including any rare reruns?

Yeah, I remember that. TAR 6 was planned to air on Saturdays, but CBS never intended to air it and was soon delayed in few weeks. The big reason as Clubhouse was having low ratings in the first five episodes, TAR 6 placed in the Tuesday time slot.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2078 on: January 02, 2018, 11:45:06 AM »
Does anyone understand what happened to Eric and Danielle in Johannesburg.

They were given tickets for the Air Malawi flight and were then kicked off to what I presume was an overbooked flight. What confuses me is when they say "I cant believe it actually happened, Im still waiting for someone to run after us and tell us to stop". Like did they know they shouldn't be there?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2079 on: January 02, 2018, 05:49:57 PM »

They were given tickets for the Air Malawi flight and were then kicked off to what I presume was an overbooked flight. What confuses me is when they say "I cant believe it actually happened, Im still waiting for someone to run after us and tell us to stop". Like did they know they shouldn't be there?

It was United Airlines in disguise.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2080 on: January 02, 2018, 08:12:43 PM »

It was United Airlines in disguise.

Godd not that day, I was at Ohare the day it happened.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2081 on: January 03, 2018, 05:54:59 AM »
Is AXN going to show Season 30?

CocoNuts

« Reply #2082 on: January 05, 2018, 06:33:22 AM »
What countries were planned to have a visit??? Ik there was one in 19 and another in 25...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2083 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:13 AM »
What countries were planned to have a visit??? Ik there was one in 19 and another in 25...
I don't understand this question? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

CocoNuts

« Reply #2084 on: January 05, 2018, 07:25:01 AM »
Like in Season 19 wasn't Laos supposed to get a visit??? and Morocco wasn't supposed to get a visit in 25 i beleive?

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2085 on: February 12, 2018, 05:14:40 AM »
If Head-to-head were introduced earlier for TAR US, I thought Dave & Connor would likely to be booted sooner because Dave thought "He is Old"

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2086 on: February 12, 2018, 07:37:30 AM »
Question: Where can you buy an Amazing Race Pit Stop mat? I want one! :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2088 on: February 13, 2018, 06:36:15 AM »
When teams get a Detour clue, I know that they have a paper with extra information about the task (unless it's a blind Detour).
But is all the info relevant to the task given there? Or might the teams arrive to the task's location to find out there is an Hours of Operation, a limited number of teams eligible to complete it, or something of the like?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2089 on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
When teams get a Detour clue, I know that they have a paper with extra information about the task (unless it's a blind Detour).
But is all the info relevant to the task given there? Or might the teams arrive to the task's location to find out there is an Hours of Operation, a limited number of teams eligible to complete it, or something of the like?
I can easily think of an example for these kinds of situations,  but I don't know whether they are alwas true

Hours of operation:  Season 3 leg 7 (Austria), Season 5 leg 5 (Egypt)
Limited number of teams:  Season 10 leg 10 (Morocco)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2090 on: February 17, 2018, 06:09:22 AM »
What if there had been a Head-to-Head in TAR30's Leg 9? Considering Lucas & Brittany had a passport issue, would the supposed 4th-placed team be allowed to check-in with a penalty (like the team is quitting a task), or would they have to wait for the Lifeguards after several hours? I can't imagine Phil having to wait for the last team just because of that twist. :funny:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 05:32:05 PM by Platrium »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2091 on: February 19, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
I imagine they would cancel or repurpose the task.

(Incidentally this is solved by putting the H2H is the middle of the leg like foreign races; if someone is unable to participate in a Double Battle/Dual Duel then the default "final" team gets their clue without the usual penalty)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2092 on: February 24, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
Can somebody compile the averages of teams from TAR25 to TAR30? I wanna see the Top 11 at least, and imagine those teams race for an all-star season.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2093 on: February 24, 2018, 10:53:54 AM »
Can somebody compile the averages of teams from TAR25 to TAR30? I wanna see the Top 11 at least, and imagine those teams race for an all-star season.

Top 11 from those seasons are:
1. Justin and Diana (TAR 27): 2.08
2. Kristi and Jen (TAR 30): 2.36
3. Tyler and Korey (TAR 28): 2.42
4. Matt and Redmond (TAR 29): 2.55
5. Misti and Jim (TAR 25): 2.58
6. Kurt and Brodie (TAR 28): 2.60
7. Adam and Bethany (TAR 25): 2.83
8. Laura and Tyler (TAR 26): 3.08
9. Tara and Joey (TAR 29): 3.08
10. Alex and Conor (TAR 30): 3.10
11. Kym and Alli (TAR 25): 3.11

Without winners, take out Laura and Tyler, slide 9,10 and 11 up a slot and throw in Jelani and Jenny (TAR 26): 3.17

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2094 on: February 24, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »

Top 11 from those seasons are:
1. Justin and Diana (TAR 27): 2.08
2. Kristi and Jen (TAR 30): 2.36
3. Tyler and Korey (TAR 28): 2.42
4. Matt and Redmond (TAR 29): 2.55
5. Misti and Jim (TAR 25): 2.58
6. Kurt and Brodie (TAR 28): 2.60
7. Adam and Bethany (TAR 25): 2.83
8. Laura and Tyler (TAR 26): 3.08
9. Tara and Joey (TAR 29): 3.08
10. Alex and Conor (TAR 30): 3.10
11. Kym and Alli (TAR 25): 3.11

Without winners, take out Laura and Tyler, slide 9,10 and 11 up a slot and throw in Jelani and Jenny (TAR 26): 3.17

Thanks! :woohoo:

This would be a truly competitive all-star season I'd be super excited to have. The early boots would definitely be shocking no matter which teams they are.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2095 on: February 25, 2018, 04:26:13 AM »
In the history of the race (including international versions) has there ever been an instance wherein a team bypassed a speed bump with an express pass?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2096 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
In the history of the race (including international versions) has there ever been an instance wherein a team bypassed a speed bump with an express pass?

Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed, but no-one has attempted it.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2097 on: February 25, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »

Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed, but no-one has attempted it.

I think it's allowed, but it's not wise. Firstly, it's very unusual to have a team survive a NEL with an EP. Possible, but unlikely. Next, a leg usually consists of a roadblock and a detour at the very least, either of which would be more difficult than the speedbump. Speedbumps are usually very straightforward. It's rather unstrategic to use an EP on a Speedbump, but I think it is possible to EP a Speedbump.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2098 on: February 25, 2018, 08:57:06 PM »
I have two threads concerning the average placement of each team in this discussion area. A season by season list for all 30 seasons, showing each leg placement which are used to compute that season’s team placement averages, and a master list of all Racers going back to season one. I list the season and placement for each team, and highlight the final three and teams eliminated on the first leg. The master list currently covers seasons 1 to 29, but season 30 will be added as soon as I have a little time. Easiest and fastest way to find that information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2099 on: February 25, 2018, 09:05:44 PM »
Could we consider driving ATV or Off-road as self-driving car legs? for this case we would have 7 out of 11 legs were self-driving car in TAR Asia 4.
Leg 1, 2 in Malaysia
Leg 5 in Philippines
Leg 6, early leg 7 in New Zealand
Late leg 7, all leg 8 in Australia
Leg 10 in South Korea
TAR Australia 1 also have many self-driving car legs
Leg 1 from starting line to Melbourne Airport
Leg 4;5 in South Africa
Leg 7 in Czech Republic
Leg 8 in Poland
Leg 9;10 in Israel
Late leg 12 in Australia