Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 410602 times)

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1925 on: April 15, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »
In light of the successful U-turn of Seth and Olive c/o Tara and Joey, when are the other times of successful U-turns of the race? Meaning a strong team eliminated early because of a U-turn or a strong team unexpectedly eliminated because of a U-turn.

Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 'He's doing Aerial Acrobatics'
« Reply #1926 on: April 15, 2017, 08:04:38 PM »
If Team A and B use an electronic u-turn on an early leg, can Team A and B use a courstery-of u-turn on a later leg?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:19:54 AM by georgiapeach »
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2017, 10:29:33 PM »
In light of the successful U-turn of Seth and Olive c/o Tara and Joey, when are the other times of successful U-turns of the race? Meaning a strong team eliminated early because of a U-turn or a strong team unexpectedly eliminated because of a U-turn.
Do you count the u-turn killing
Abbie & Ryan?
Brodie & Kurt?

maybe Kisha & Jen?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1928 on: April 15, 2017, 11:30:47 PM »
Do you count the u-turn killing
Abbie & Ryan?
Brodie & Kurt?

maybe Kisha & Jen?

I would consider

Brandon & Adam (S.23) they were U-Turned by Leo & Jamal in Poland. Brandon & Adam finished 1st on the previous leg (Norway).

Joe & Heidi (S.16) were finishing in the front pack and they were U-Turned by Louie & Michael
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:34:54 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1929 on: April 16, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »
Arguably the very first U-Turn (Lorena & Jason were U-Turned despite being one of the first to finish almost every task that didn't have anything to do with camels).

Definitely Amanda & Kris (in TAR 14) who finished 5-3-2-8.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1930 on: April 19, 2017, 06:48:04 AM »
There are a lot of cases of successful U-turns. In fact, Brook & Claire from TAR17 were the 1st ever team to survive a U-turn (but that's only because the W-turn was introduced right then and there). Bill & Cathi would've been the very 1st to survive a U-turn, although the subjective term of successful applies to Bill & Cathi, as Ernie & Cindy's reason of U-turning Bill & Cathi is for the latter not to beat the former in a race for 1st.
Lowkey lurking until TAR returns.
I'm back!!!
Slowly fading now that TAR30 filming is over.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1931 on: April 19, 2017, 09:07:49 PM »
There are a lot of cases of successful U-turns. In fact, Brook & Claire from TAR17 were the 1st ever team to survive a U-turn (but that's only because the W-turn was introduced right then and there). Bill & Cathi would've been the very 1st to survive a U-turn, although the subjective term of successful applies to Bill & Cathi, as Ernie & Cindy's reason of U-turning Bill & Cathi is for the latter not to beat the former in a race for 1st.
Globetrotters in season 18 override their u-turn user

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1932 on: April 29, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »
What are the top 3 causes of eliminations in TAR US? Research and statistics will be greatly appreciated! :)
Lowkey lurking until TAR returns.
I'm back!!!
Slowly fading now that TAR30 filming is over.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1933 on: April 29, 2017, 10:40:11 AM »
What are the top 3 causes of eliminations in TAR US? Research and statistics will be greatly appreciated! :)
Bad taxi driver should definitely be one of those  :funny:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1934 on: April 29, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
Getting Lost probably

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1935 on: April 29, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
Oh gosh...I could tell you the answer to that if you locked me in a dungeon for a whole day @_@
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 'He's doing Aerial Acrobatics'
« Reply #1936 on: April 29, 2017, 07:07:37 PM »

PENALTIES!!!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1937 on: April 29, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »
Poor task choice has to be up there.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1938 on: April 30, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
Someone should open up a public Google Docs and list out all the teams, then we can work together to fill in their elimination reasons.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1939 on: May 02, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »
And this weekend we got the answer to a question which I think has been asked here many times. Can you use the express pass on a fast forward? And the answer from Becca & Floyd is no. They asked and were told that they were not allowed to use the express pass on the fast forward task.

PS In their case it was an academic question. They didn't consider using the express pass to skip the helicopter, and why should they. It seemed to be a awesome task and they thought they were guaranteed a first place anyway.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1940 on: May 02, 2017, 11:04:12 AM »
Really weird how that seemed to have not been well thought out to insure a first place finish.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1941 on: May 02, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »
Just found out that CBS just released a lot of new merchandise with the new TAR logo on it. Idk what this could mean (or which thread to put it on), but thought it might be interesting to know.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1942 on: May 05, 2017, 11:34:59 PM »
What if, for a future season (Not All Stars or Returnees-themed season) just a regular season where maybe the Top 22 teams are voted into the Top 11 teams just like platform of Survivor Cambodia a few seasons ago. What do you guys think? People get to see their audition videos and allow them to vote which team should race.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1943 on: May 14, 2017, 03:44:10 AM »
When was the team shoots for the intro in Season 29 made actually? Can anyone explain?

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #LookWhatYouMadeMeDo
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1944 on: May 14, 2017, 04:37:39 AM »
When was the team shoots for the intro in Season 29 made actually? Can anyone explain?

I'm not too sure but my gut tells me, based on the vibe of the scene around them, it was Panama.
"But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice (oh)"

Offline Leafsfan

• Secret Agent Man
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1945 on: May 14, 2017, 10:02:05 AM »

I'm not too sure but my gut tells me, based on the vibe of the scene around them, it was Panama.

Joey mentioned in an interview they did the intro shots in Panama after the first leg.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1946 on: May 19, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »
We have an article for the "Switchback" on our wiki. However, it looks like the Race has dropped the Switchback name even though they're still doing Switchback-y tasks. I didn't add them to the list on the page, but I should go and do that now.

After the last "official" one in Season 25, I know there was one in Zimbabwe (27), and now two in Greece and Vietnam (29). Did I forget any?

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1947 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:15 PM »
We have an article for the "Switchback" on our wiki. However, it looks like the Race has dropped the Switchback name even though they're still doing Switchback-y tasks. I didn't add them to the list on the page, but I should go and do that now.

After the last "official" one in Season 25, I know there was one in Zimbabwe (27), and now two in Greece and Vietnam (29). Did I forget any?

Would the waterslide in the UAE in TAR 28 count? Racers were definitely mentioning Mika melting down and I think the show might have as well.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1948 on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:06 AM »

Would the waterslide in the UAE in TAR 28 count? Racers were definitely mentioning Mika melting down and I think the show might have as well.

Yes. You are right, thank you. I knew I was forgetting one.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1949 on: May 24, 2017, 04:25:40 AM »
Even without the Elimination Station, do eliminated teams from TAR 18 onwards still do things like that are seen in Elimination Station, like going outdoors, play tennis, or whatever?
Whatever.

Custom Search