Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161342 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1850 on: October 09, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
^^No, and No.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1851 on: October 09, 2016, 04:14:21 PM »
Just imagine if Flow and Marie raced again  :funny:

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1852 on: October 10, 2016, 01:38:23 AM »
I believe Claire mentions in this interview that they declined as she was pregnant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFXUTbjRIU

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1853 on: October 10, 2016, 01:54:38 AM »
I believe Claire mentions in this interview that they declined as she was pregnant.

That's right, so they were never alternates for 18.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1854 on: October 10, 2016, 01:52:01 PM »
Okay...still interesting to know who declined to come again.

That's right, so they were never alternates for 18.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1855 on: October 10, 2016, 03:09:32 PM »

That was a shame that they couldn't race again. It was a shame they finished 2nd, because they were such a nice couple and they deserved to win.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1856 on: October 12, 2016, 10:08:23 AM »
Will TAR still invite racers from earlier seasons to race in the future, or will they be "forgotten" forever?

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1857 on: October 12, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
Yeah no one pre-S14 is ever coming back as a racer...they might throw a token for a premiere visit (Frank, Rob & Brennan recently) or a Switchback but otherwise, TAR history starts with S14 for the producers (they absolutely love that season). Why else would they pretend that S24 was the first "All-Stars"? This is what angers me the most as a TAR fan...it's such a slap to the face to long-time fans that the early seasons don't matter.

Will TAR still invite racers from earlier seasons to race in the future, or will they be "forgotten" forever?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1858 on: October 12, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »
Yeah no one pre-S14 is ever coming back as a racer...they might throw a token for a premiere visit (Frank, Rob & Brennan recently) or a Switchback but otherwise, TAR history starts with S14 for the producers (they absolutely love that season). Why else would they pretend that S24 was the first "All-Stars"? This is what angers me the most as a TAR fan...it's such a slap to the face to long-time fans that the early seasons don't matter.

I would not be so sure.... :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1859 on: October 12, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »
Sincerely curious, why think otherwise?

The show hasn't celebrated its history. In the S26 premiere, the montage of previous TAR couples showed only one pre-S11 team (S10 Rob & Kim). When Bertram was asked why no pre-S11 team was appearing in S18 (eg. Ken & Gerard, or the Clowns), he replied "If we're digging too far back, people might not even remember who they were." However, other RTV shows are willing to have early season teams appear.

I would not be so sure.... :tup:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1860 on: October 12, 2016, 02:58:56 PM »
I think it would be good to have contestants from pre 14. I'm sure if they cast memorial characters. I reckon S31 should be all contestants from S1-14. What do we think?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1861 on: October 12, 2016, 03:01:59 PM »
I imagine a lot of the single-digit season teams wouldn't be able to come back after this long. Some are in a different place in life and they don't have time anymore, some are no longer on speaking terms, etc.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1862 on: October 18, 2016, 04:12:40 PM »
well, the only impossible tasks i can relate to are the ones involving languages or forms of comunication..

Season 15 - Leg 8 Detour: Viking Alphabet (none of the teams even attempted to do it)
Season 16 - Leg 5 Detour: In The Trenches (Joe & Heidi u-turned and failed to decode the message)
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1863 on: October 19, 2016, 05:38:07 AM »
well, the only impossible tasks i can relate to are the ones involving languages or forms of comunication..

Season 15 - Leg 8 Detour: Viking Alphabet (none of the teams even attempted to do it)
Season 16 - Leg 5 Detour: In The Trenches (Joe & Heidi u-turned and failed to decode the message)

I wonder how long that took them. ??? From 3rd, everybody passed them, even Jeff & Jordan, who were quite far behind.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1864 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »
Aw, trap detours I love them  :hearts: Some that come to mind:

- TAR 18: the dining cart Detour in Austria (ignoring that that is a lot of food to consume in 12 minutes, if you dared try it again you would be doing so on a full stomach or else having to perform an impromptu elimination iykwim)
- TAR 25: the gostra Detour in Malta; while not *impossible* (I think a team of two Allis could do it), it's certainly probably the hardest task of that season
- TAR 26: the waterskiing Detour in Phuket, granted I don't think it was designed to be impossible because producers attached a Save to it but still!

And then of course there are the Detours that are impossible due to production difficulties (the final walking Detour in Hawaii in TAR 3, one could argue both sides of the Detour in the second Vietnam leg in TAR 3) or other issues (the airplane Detour in Alaska in TAR 9 which was cancelled due to a snowstorm).

fake eta the morse code Detour was terribly designed but then again that entire leg was terribly designed, starting with having a mobile Pit Stop in the first place rather than bunch teams on a train (or have a KOR).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1865 on: October 19, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »

I have faith. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1866 on: October 19, 2016, 08:21:53 PM »

Season 12 - Leg 10 Detour: Earth (none of the teams had to do it)
Season 14 - Leg 10(a) Detour: Sync (Kisha & Jen and Tammy & Victor failed to dive)
Season 17 - Leg 11 Detour: Full Bottle (none of the teams had to do it)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1867 on: October 21, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »
Which season has the most penalties incurred by any team in the US version? Internationally?

Which team or racer has gone to the most countries during their time in TAR?

Which team or racer has traveled the most miles during their time in TAR?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1868 on: October 21, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »

Dustin & Kandace (18)

China, Mongolia, Vietnam, India, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, Ukraine, Morocco, Spain, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Mozambique, Tanazania, Poland & Malaysia

They also went to Hong Kong, Macau & Guam! & Won a trip to Puerto Rico.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1869 on: October 21, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »

Dustin & Kandace (18)

China, Mongolia, Vietnam, India, Kuwait, Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, Ukraine, Morocco, Spain, Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Mozambique, Tanazania, Poland & Malaysia

They're actually tied with Flight Time & Big Easy:

Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands, Sweden, Estonia, Czech Republic, Australia, China, India, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Brazil, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Italy
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1870 on: October 29, 2016, 12:13:16 AM »

Dustin & Kandace (18)

They're actually tied with Flight Time & Big Easy:

Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands, Sweden, Estonia, Czech Republic, Australia, China, India, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Brazil, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Italy

Dustin & Kandice's list seems cooler, and the additions of the autonomous regions makes it even cooler! :hearts:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1871 on: October 29, 2016, 01:32:31 AM »
Which list would u guys prefer?

I would choose Flight Time and Big Easy's list, because they went to Australia, the UAE, Cambodia and Malaysia!  :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1872 on: October 29, 2016, 02:47:10 AM »
Which list would u guys prefer?

I would choose Flight Time and Big Easy's list, because they went to Australia, the UAE, Cambodia and Malaysia!  :hearts:

I'll expand on this then.
Dustin & Kandice's list seems cooler, and the additions of the autonomous regions makes it even cooler! :hearts:
~Mongolia hasn't been visited by TAR since season 10, and I think there's more to see from that place.
~Madagascar seems like a cool place. :colors
~Finland never had a proper pit stop, plus I think there's more we need to see from that place.
~Kuwait, Ecuador, and Mauritius aren't very well known countries, so it's cool. 8)
~Mozambique was last visited in TAR11, and I wanna see more from there.
~Guam!? Only TAR showed me what's in Guam. I think there's more to see.
~HK & Macau are cool Chinese places. 8)
~The Puerto Rico bonus sounds awesome for them. :hrt:

Of course, I'm not saying FT&BE's list is bad, because I also like their list:
~Japan is wackily awesome. :colors
~UAE looks like a fun and fancy place.
~Estonia and Czech Republic are some of other undervisited places of TAR.
~Australia is cool. 8)
~Sweden is something similar to Finland, also interesting to see.
~Liechtenstein is a small land that needs some recognition. :hoot:
~Austria and Switzerland are other cool European place.

I think my comments on the countries are weird. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:53:41 AM by Platrium »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1873 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:01 AM »
FT & BE: 8 Asia, 8 Europe, 1 Australia, 1 South America

Dustin & Kandice: 6 Asia, 5 Africa, 4 Europe, 3 South America

Okay, I think I like Dustin & Kandace's list more because they went to African countries, :colors which I think need more recognition. Also, FT & BE went to too many Asian and European countries, which isn't bad, but that makes Dustin & Kandice's list more diverse.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1874 on: October 29, 2016, 06:11:58 AM »
I have some more information for u Platrium:

Madagascar is located off the coast of Africa and hasn't been visited since Season 10 (the same with Monoglia, haha)

Finland was visited in season 10 as well. However, (as Platrium said), the pit stop was located in Ukraine!

Kuwait and Mauritius were also visited in Season 10. Ecuador was visited in Season 11 (I would love for all of these three countries to be featured in TAR 30)

Guam is located in Oceania and was visited in Season 11 (I think). Guam is a U.S island territory with a population of 165,124 people!

Puerto Rico is a U.S unincorporated territory and was visited in Season 7.

:)