Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161324 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1800 on: July 12, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
Just curious. Can two teams play the Express Pass in the same leg?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1801 on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:15 PM »
With the exception of Season 27 (where the team who won the second Express Pass after the first team played it), there is no rule saying that two teams can't play it on the same leg.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1802 on: July 12, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »

This happened on the first AND second seasons of TAR China.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1803 on: July 14, 2016, 11:18:37 PM »
penalty in keep on racing leg
In TAR Asia 4 leg 7, Hussein & Natasha got 4 hours penalty for not completed their RB task, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Allan Wu handed them next clue
In TAR Australia 2 leg 7 Joseph & Grace also got 2 hours penalty for removing a teams' bags from a taxi, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Grant Bowler handed them next clue
In TAR 18 (UB) leg 4 Kent & Vyxsin got 2 hours penalty for not book a the assigned flight, but they serviced their penalty in leg 5 rather than leg 4
Neil & Kristin and Simi & Ope both got the penalties for qutting Face-Off task and serviced their penalties at leg 5 pitstop because Jon Montgomery handed them next clue

I am also curious about this inconsistency. ??? Perhaps this rule in the US version is the only one differing from the rule in the Int'l versions. Jeck & RR of TAR Ph 2 also incurred a penalty at the end of Leg 5 (and not Leg 6) for not being able to perform a task in Leg 5 for safety reasons.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1804 on: July 15, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »
I had two thoughts on it. Either

a) Production, realizing teams would be bunched, enforced K/V's penalty on leg 5 so that it wouldn't be rendered moot, or

b) Production, wanting to move things along and noting that K/V were already in last, applied the penalty for them the first chance they could get, which would be the leg 5 pit stop, much like how time penalties on the US version for last place teams are added to their release time from the Pit Start.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1805 on: July 15, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »

This happened on the first AND second seasons of TAR China.

Belated thanks!

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1806 on: July 31, 2016, 06:50:53 PM »
Do you guys remember when season 1 of the amazing race Norway went to Melbourne? They got locked in the jail and had to solve the following riddle:

"The prison guard would shout out twelve, the prisoner responded with 6 and was set free. The prison guard would then shout out six and the prisoner responded with 3 and was set free. The prison guard then shouted out ten and the next prisoner shouted out 5 and was hung" - what should the prisoner have shouted?"

Can anyone help me figure this out?  :gaah:
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1807 on: July 31, 2016, 08:14:53 PM »
Count the number of letters in each. Cheers :beer2:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1808 on: July 31, 2016, 11:15:15 PM »
I'm guessing he should of shouted 3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1809 on: August 01, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »
Count the number of letters in each. Cheers :beer2:

I was with the hung guy.  :killme:

Which is why you and ian are brilliant!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1810 on: August 02, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »
penalty in keep on racing leg
In TAR Asia 4 leg 7, Hussein & Natasha got 4 hours penalty for not completed their RB task, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Allan Wu handed them next clue
In TAR Australia 2 leg 7 Joseph & Grace also got 2 hours penalty for removing a teams' bags from a taxi, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Grant Bowler handed them next clue
In TAR 18 (UB) leg 4 Kent & Vyxsin got 2 hours penalty for not book a the assigned flight, but they serviced their penalty in leg 5 rather than leg 4

Well those are three different versions of the show. They each have their own rules.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1811 on: August 03, 2016, 02:52:29 AM »
Another question. Which countries have been visited by foreign editions of The Amazing Race but NOT the American version? I know off the top of my head I can think of Cuba (Tar Australia 2, Tar Israel 3 I think), Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Curacao, Venezuela (all Tar Latin America), Bosnia & Herzegovina (Tar Israel 2 I think), and Laos (Tar Vietnam). Any others?  ???

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1812 on: August 03, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »
Another question. Which countries have been visited by foreign editions of The Amazing Race but NOT the American version? I know off the top of my head I can think of Cuba (Tar Australia 2, Tar Israel 3 I think), Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Curacao, Venezuela (all Tar Latin America), Bosnia & Herzegovina (Tar Israel 2 I think), and Laos (Tar Vietnam). Any others?  ???

Israel/Palestine :P
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1813 on: August 04, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »

Israel/Palestine :P

Oh my God. DUH. 😂 thanks!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1814 on: August 07, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »
Has any team ever done a "reverse Jessica & John" and got eliminated on the same leg they used an Express Pass?

I ask after Jin Xing and Hans technically did this on TAR China last week. I say technically because they were immediately brought back into the race. But this is what made me wonder :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1815 on: August 08, 2016, 01:16:27 AM »
Has any team ever done a "reverse Jessica & John" and got eliminated on the same leg they used an Express Pass?

I ask after Jin Xing and Hans technically did this on TAR China last week. I say technically because they were immediately brought back into the race. But this is what made me wonder :)

Weren't Jessica & John eliminated while not being able to use the EP? ???
Also, I didn't understand the reverse part. :umn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1816 on: August 08, 2016, 01:48:07 AM »
They were ABLE to use it, but John did not want to and they waited too long. So technically they did not use it and were eliminated with an unused EP in hand.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1817 on: August 08, 2016, 02:01:41 AM »

Your answer can be found here!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1818 on: August 12, 2016, 03:46:44 AM »
Why has Melbourne only been visited once? (On TAR Norway 1)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1819 on: August 12, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »

Two visits on TAR Australia

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1820 on: August 12, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »
There may have also been a scheduled visit that was changed last minute.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1821 on: August 12, 2016, 06:40:30 PM »

Two visits on TAR Australia

Yeah, yeah, I know, but I'm taking about PROPER legs. (Okay then, twice. TAR Norway 1 and TAR Australia 3)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1822 on: August 24, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »
Are there going to be any more countries that get TAR?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1823 on: August 24, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
You'll need to ask CBS and WRP.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1824 on: August 24, 2016, 10:12:11 PM »
Are there going to be any more countries that get TAR?

If you ask me, Britain and South Africa should have their own! Or maybe the Amazing Race India! But that's neither here nor there :)