Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161787 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1775 on: May 17, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
EVERYTHING is pre-planned and cleared with legal. Nothing like tasks or almost certainly prizes would be changed on a whim.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1776 on: May 18, 2016, 09:32:32 AM »
It's possible that when TAR is negotiating prizes for the season with Travelocity, they may request no trips to Hawaii when they expect to have a team from Hawaii. It probably costs about the same to send a winning team to Mexico or the Caribbean as it does to Hawaii.

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1777 on: May 18, 2016, 09:38:05 AM »
Has there ever been a blind racer, or are blind racers not allowed to race?

answered privately
I have same question

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1778 on: May 18, 2016, 09:41:38 AM »

answered privately
I have same question
Sent.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1779 on: May 18, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »
Even the prizes in non-US versions I'm pretty sure are all predetermined. There's a team that won cell phones on every leg they won.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1780 on: May 18, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »
I'm Amazing Race Asia three one team won the exact same holiday to Koh Samui on back to back legs  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1781 on: May 18, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »

answered privately
I have same question
Sent.

There is no reason that question can't be answered publicly?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1782 on: May 18, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »

answered privately
I have same question
Sent.

There is no reason that question can't be answered publicly?

I answered that, but thought it might cross the spoiler line because the only one that comes to mind is of a cast not officially revealed yet,
Show content
Canada 4. This person may or may not be completely blind, but has the white cane.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:18:59 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1783 on: May 18, 2016, 08:19:48 PM »
Oh heck. Yes, putting that into spoiler tags.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1784 on: May 19, 2016, 03:26:48 AM »
I read somewhere that Tyler & James were sitting on top of each other in post-race interviews? Can anyone include a picture?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1785 on: May 21, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »
Youngest team based on both team members' average age? (US and Int'l)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1786 on: May 21, 2016, 09:29:31 AM »
Youngest team based on both team members' average age? (US and Int'l)

2-way tie for average

Hamilton & Michaelia of Canada, both 19
Romi & Coral of Israel, 18 and 20

The youngest US team I think is Darius & Cameron, 20.5
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:32:56 AM by Maanca »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1787 on: May 23, 2016, 02:19:01 PM »
I read somewhere that Tyler & James were sitting on top of each other in post-race interviews? Can anyone include a picture?
I'm not sure that is even accurate;  but there are links in their thread from the time they won their season (10 years ago!) and a quick google search shows an image from a CBS interview of them sitting next to each other that was capped by tarflies.com. (It has both the CBS eye and tarflies watermarks on it, so I'm not sure it can be posted here.) But I found nothing of either of them sitting on one another, period.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1788 on: June 05, 2016, 01:14:52 AM »
Don't know where to ask this, as it is indeed a question, but it's more speculative. Maybe you can help me Peach :)

So as of Season 28, the Amazing Race has visited 88 countries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_(U.S._TV_series)#Countries_and_locales_visited). When do you guys think The Amazing Race will visit its 100th country? How many seasons would it take to visit twelve more countries? And which country would it be?  ???
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1789 on: June 05, 2016, 03:07:11 AM »
Right now I'm genuinely afraid TAR might end at S30, and that would mean no 100th country...
But if the show continues (let's hope so!!), I reckon this will happen around the 35th season. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1790 on: June 05, 2016, 11:02:58 PM »
I don't know WHEN, just hope we see it!!  :luvya:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1791 on: June 05, 2016, 11:15:10 PM »
Right now I'm genuinely afraid TAR might end at S30, and that would mean no 100th country...
But if the show continues (let's hope so!!), I reckon this will happen around the 35th season. :)

I can accept my girlfriend breaking up with me but if TAR gets axed and ends at Season 30 I won't be able to accept that. I'm serious.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1792 on: June 26, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »
I don't know what got me thinking this, but what would happen if I female contestant was on her period during the race? Do you think they'd plan for that and have tampons and ibuprofen in their backpacks?  ???

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1793 on: June 27, 2016, 01:22:08 AM »
Also here's a question. Does it bother anyone that The Amazing Race Ukraine finished almost exactly 3 years ago, yet this map of the route on Wikipedia is STILL incomplete???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velyki_perehony#Race_summary

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1794 on: June 27, 2016, 01:59:49 AM »
I don't know what got me thinking this, but what would happen if I female contestant was on her period during the race? Do you think they'd plan for that and have tampons and ibuprofen in their backpacks?  ???

Considering the race goes on for 3 weeks +, it must happen a lot! I pray for them girls :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1795 on: June 27, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »

Gretchen (Season 7) once said in an interview that after they were stripped of all belongings, she could still keep the tampons she brought. So yes, they do (or at least should) pack them themselves.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1796 on: July 05, 2016, 08:44:55 PM »
penalty in keep on racing leg
In TAR Asia 4 leg 7, Hussein & Natasha got 4 hours penalty for not completed their RB task, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Allan Wu handed them next clue
In TAR Australia 2 leg 7 Joseph & Grace also got 2 hours penalty for removing a teams' bags from a taxi, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Grant Bowler handed them next clue
In TAR 18 (UB) leg 4 Kent & Vyxsin got 2 hours penalty for not book a the assigned flight, but they serviced their penalty in leg 5 rather than leg 4

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1797 on: July 06, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »
penalty in keep on racing leg
In TAR Asia 4 leg 7, Hussein & Natasha got 4 hours penalty for not completed their RB task, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Allan Wu handed them next clue
In TAR Australia 2 leg 7 Joseph & Grace also got 2 hours penalty for removing a teams' bags from a taxi, they serviced their penalty at leg 7 pitstop before Grant Bowler handed them next clue
In TAR 18 (UB) leg 4 Kent & Vyxsin got 2 hours penalty for not book a the assigned flight, but they serviced their penalty in leg 5 rather than leg 4

I am also curious about this inconsistency. ??? Perhaps this rule in the US version is the only one differing from the rule in the Int'l versions. Jeck & RR of TAR Ph 2 also incurred a penalty at the end of Leg 5 (and not Leg 6) for not being able to perform a task in Leg 5 for safety reasons.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1798 on: July 06, 2016, 05:29:43 AM »
How long of a penalty did Kent & Vyxsin get?
I'm speculating this difference in rule application may simply have been due to production requiring Phil to get ahead of the first teams. :tup:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1799 on: July 06, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »
How long of a penalty did Kent & Vyxsin get?
I'm speculating this difference in rule application may simply have been due to production requiring Phil to get ahead of the first teams. :tup:

Considering the break between the double leg in China during TAR18 was shorter than the others mentioned, this is possible. After all, the other mentioned penalty were at least 2 hours. The one Kynt & Vyxsin had was just 30 minutes.