Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161169 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1750 on: April 22, 2016, 10:02:15 PM »
Was there ever a time penalty that was revealed but has never happened?
Using an Express Pass for a Fast Forward will garner a 4-hour penalty.
I think I remember that being discussed years ago, but where was it confirmed? ???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1751 on: April 23, 2016, 02:27:41 AM »
Longest time a team is stuck in a task, whether completed or not? Include runners-up if possible. :tup:

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1752 on: April 23, 2016, 04:58:35 AM »
Longest time a team is stuck in a task, whether completed or not? Include runners-up if possible. :tup:
Thanh Thuy & Minh Thoa and Tuan Anh & Xuan Son completed the overcooked rice detour task in Ninh Binh at leg 3 TARV, it took about 9 hours to complete it, and the girls hold the EP but they used it in RB rather than in Detour, if the girls used in detour task,  Tuan Anh & Xuan Son would be booted in Ninh Binh and the result of the race changed entirely including two single U-turns in leg 6 and leg 10

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1753 on: April 23, 2016, 11:55:47 AM »
What is the farthest teams had to drive themselves? I'm thinking it was Leg 5 of Season 3 where they had to drive themselves from Portugal to Spain, but can you think of anything longer?  ???
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1754 on: April 23, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »
What is the farthest teams had to drive themselves? I'm thinking it was Leg 5 of Season 3 where they had to drive themselves from Portugal to Spain, but can you think of anything longer?  ???
Teams drove about 800 miles on TAR 8 Leg 10a, although that was over two days. The Portugal-Spain drive was about 400 miles.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1755 on: April 23, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »
Teams drove about 800 miles on TAR 8 Leg 10a, although that was over two days. The Portugal-Spain drive was about 400 miles.

In season 2 teams continually drived from Mont Somers to Rotorua, New Zealand. Although they took the ferry from South to North Island there was no hours of operation ( apart from 1 hour wait for the ferry ) or PitStop.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1756 on: April 24, 2016, 11:07:38 PM »
What if there's an intersection on a leg where a team withdraws?

For example, if an intersection existed on TAR22's Leg 5, and with Dave & Connor withdrawing at the start of the leg, what would happen to the intersection and the teams?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1757 on: April 29, 2016, 08:57:09 PM »

For example, if an intersection existed on TAR22's Leg 5, and with Dave & Connor withdrawing at the start of the leg, what would happen to the intersection and the teams?
Impromptu removal of Intersection more than likely. I think all the tasks that have been addressed within an Intersection (10 Madagascar DT/FF, 11 Poland DT/FF, 16 Germany RB) can be completed by individual teams format too.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1758 on: May 02, 2016, 04:01:06 PM »
What international versions have done legs in the United States? I would like to watch them!--English preferably.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1759 on: May 02, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
What international versions have done legs in the United States? I would like to watch them!--English preferably.

You can just check the RFF wiki :-). So far...

SAustralia 3 | They did about half a leg in Los Angeles before flying to Melbourne
Tar France | Did two legs in the U.S. One in Hawaii the other in Los Angeles.
Tar Israel 3 | Did 3 legs in Las Vegas & Arizona
Tar China | Did 2 legs, one in New York City, the other in Fort Worth & Rural Texas

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1760 on: May 02, 2016, 05:49:18 PM »

China Rush 2 kiiiinda had this happen? A team withdrew on leg 4 which I've heard was probably meant to be a F8 NEL, followed by an Intersection in the next leg (in reality the team withdrawing was 8th place and leg 5 was a F7 NEL). Given some of the tasks of leg 5 - sawing bamboo which was adapted from Family Edition, a fairly time-consuming Detour, a Yield and a fairly easy food preparation RB which is similar to like 20 Speed Bumps - it would make sense that some of the tasks were repurposed.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1761 on: May 07, 2016, 06:34:00 AM »
I know this is late, but after ("re")watching TARA4's Leg 2, why were teams forced to take a 4-hour penalty for failing the roadblock? Why were they not allowed to try again?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1762 on: May 07, 2016, 12:01:54 PM »
I know this is late, but after ("re")watching TARA4's Leg 2, why were teams forced to take a 4-hour penalty for failing the roadblock? Why were they not allowed to try again?

They might have had some specific rule just for that task. Remember the "run out of bottles penalty" in Paraguay for TAR?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1763 on: May 07, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »

They might have had some specific rule just for that task. Remember the "run out of bottles penalty" in Paraguay for TAR?

Oh right, I remember the one in Paraguay specified by Phil though.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1764 on: May 07, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »
Based in leg 3 depatured time of several teams, Michelle & Claire got a time credit because the singaporean girls ate most chicken balls

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1765 on: May 08, 2016, 03:05:30 AM »

They spent all their money on the Philippines leg and also on renting Marina Bay Sands, they ran out of money to ensure enough oxygen bottles for the roadblock.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1766 on: May 10, 2016, 02:40:01 AM »
Speaking of penalties, when are they really applied? For example, if I don't do the Roadblock, I watched some episodes where the clue will still be given to a team and the team have to wait for the 4-hour penalty at the mat or pitstop before a team can be checked in, but there are also episodes that a team will wait out the penalty at the roadblock place before they be given the next clue.

Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1767 on: May 10, 2016, 03:14:22 AM »
Speaking of penalties, when are they really applied? For example, if I don't do the Roadblock, I watched some episodes where the clue will still be given to a team and the team have to wait for the 4-hour penalty at the mat or pitstop before a team can be checked in, but there are also episodes that a team will wait out the penalty at the roadblock place before they be given the next clue.
I'm also a bit confused by this, but most of the time, it's served at the roadblock site.
The only times they were served at the pit stop is usually when it's the last task before the pit stop. Also, when they are the last team/s at that last task. ???

I am not entirely sure about this. :umn:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1768 on: May 10, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »
That changed over time, i guess. If there's no place to sit and wait on the Pit Stop (unlikely), teams can serve it at the Roadblock. If not, i think they just head to the PS.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1769 on: May 16, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »
Are leg prizes pre-determined?

I noticed that some of the leg prizes can be trips to Hawaii, and what if the team who wins that kind of prize already lives in Hawaii? :ascared

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1770 on: May 16, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »

I noticed that some of the leg prizes can be trips to Hawaii, and what if the team who wins that kind of prize already lives in Hawaii? :ascared

Well let's say The trip in S25 leg 2 where Adam & Bethany won the leg wa to Hawaii, they'd probably change it to another prize like Leg 3's prize to Dubai. Or maybe if a Hawaiian team was on it there are no trips to Hawaii.

Also has there ever been a team from Alaska?

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1771 on: May 16, 2016, 05:14:26 PM »
Also has there ever been a team from Alaska?
Rob of Rob & Sheila is the only racer from Alaska.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1772 on: May 17, 2016, 06:33:50 AM »
Has there ever been a blind racer, or are blind racers not allowed to race?

answered privately
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:24:43 AM by Platrium »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1773 on: May 17, 2016, 10:52:53 AM »

Then they could gift it. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1774 on: May 17, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »

Then they could gift it. :tup:

Oh! They'll be forced to gift it though. Still, it's better than having no prize at all.