Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1166098 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1700 on: February 16, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »
CBS is also posting new material in addition to the Insider videos. "Race in the Raw," at the official site is but one of them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1701 on: February 21, 2016, 08:42:52 AM »
Marty & Hagan's elimination had me thinking:

Can a team get a cab driver to remove another team's bags from the cab?

At first, I thought they had no chance of surviving after leaving their cab miles away, BUT: what if they got the cab driver to remove the bags and took the cab to their original cab? (or simply steal it)

Or is the rule strictly: You can't take a cab with bags in it.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1702 on: February 21, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »
Marty & Hagan's elimination had me thinking:

Can a team get a cab driver to remove another team's bags from the cab?

At first, I thought they had no chance of surviving after leaving their cab miles away, BUT: what if they got the cab driver to remove the bags and took the cab to their original cab? (or simply steal it)

Or is the rule strictly: You can't take a cab with bags in it.

Adding to that, can teams use cabs with bags in them (then the driver goes back to fetch the other team :lol: )?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1703 on: February 21, 2016, 02:17:25 PM »
Teams cannot physically move another team's bags, which includes driving off with them in their vehicle or a taxi. They also cannot instruct a taxi driver to remove the bags, as this is indirectly moving their bags.

If the taxi driver removes the bags of his own volition, if he is perhaps tired of sitting there waiting, then teams are free to take the taxi. This was not bound to happen for Marty & Hagan, however, because the taxis in Cartagena were hired by production (as they were marked with race flags)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1704 on: February 21, 2016, 02:42:31 PM »
Thanks!

I did notice the race flags. That leads me to another question :lol: Why would production need to hire taxis? Safety reasons??

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1705 on: February 21, 2016, 03:03:25 PM »
There could be various reasons, including safety. (Unlicensed cabbies) and of course what happened to one team in Morocco in TAR 3. TAR's security team had to rescue them from another town to twart an extoertion racket IIRC in that town by its police chief or some such.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1706 on: February 22, 2016, 04:54:22 AM »
No wonder there wasn't a cab drama on the most recent episode. :ascared

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1707 on: February 22, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
KevJumba and Joey & Meghan recorded leg recaps on their Youtube pages after each episode.

Has any other team done this? Are any of the teams from TAR28 doing this?

Kym & Alli had video recaps for every episode except the last; they also tend to sprinkle in unaired moments (like how they got a good flight to CPH)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1708 on: February 28, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »
Something's been bugging me, so hopefully someone can help clear it up.

The first "Raw from the Race" video had teams visiting some temples in Mexico.  I'm assuming this is where some of the Promotional Cast pics must have been taken, however, I'm confused on when this actually took place?

My guess would be after Leg 1 had ended, as teams seemed to have checked in rather early in the day, considering the departing times for the RB were from 07:30 - 07:50.  Take an hour or 2 for the RB, and then to reach the Pitstop, we're probably talking no later than 12 midday for the last team to have reached the mat? - (I know, I should really refer to Leg 2's departure times)  :lol:  - So anyway, that gives teams pretty much the entire day to spend around Mexico.

BUT, we see all the teams together in the video, which means they would've known that Scott & Blair had been saved?  So why, in another Bonus Video, are all the teams so "shocked" when Scott & Blair arrive at the Airport and reveal they're still racing?  ???

I don't think the airport scene was "staged", as teams seemed genuinely excited / shocked when they were told?  My only other assumption is that teams were told by production that all teams had to go to the temples for press pics / footage, regardless of elimination or not?

It's been really annoying me, and I'd be extremely grateful if someone can give a conclusive answer? :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1709 on: February 28, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
Longest leg ever, in terms of time spent racing? (US and International)
Racing includes time between pit start and pit stop, teams waiting for a flight or a HoO, and until the last team arrives.

I remember in TAR22 Legs 3 to 4, Mona & Beth said they've been racing for 4 days(?), ??? but that was considered 2 legs.
Day 1: Flight from Bora Bora to New Zealand
Day 2: Camping out in New Zealand
Day 3: New Zealand Leg
Day 4: Indonesia Leg

Was there something this long in just a span of one leg, or was it slightly shorter?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1710 on: February 28, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »
Racing includes time between pit start and pit stop, teams waiting for a flight or a HoO, and until the last team arrives.

I remember in TAR22 Legs 3 to 4, Mona & Beth said they've been racing for 4 days(?), ??? but that was considered 2 legs.

Was there something this long in just a span of one leg, or was it slightly shorter?

It could be longer or shorter but S7 leg 8

• Teams took charter flights from Khwai to Francistown
• They then had to get to Gaborone
• Took a flight via Johannesburg & Mumbai to Lucknow
• Leg in Lucknow
• Teams had a Kor at the Pitstop
• Waited until the evening to be told do take a 24 hour train to Jodhpur
• Teams arrived and waited overnight
• Next morning the tasks in Jodhpur begin.

So at least 3.5 days, I'm gonna watch the episode to see the flight sutuation

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1711 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:17 PM »
TAR 9 from Argentina to Moscow to Germany, with a KOR in the middle at the mat with Phil in Red Square outside the Kremlin. I'd have to go back and check the elasped time from first team release to last team check in, but it was also one of the longest in mileage.

Another was TAR 11, from  Tanzania to Poland which got most teams mired in overwhelmed airline traffic during to religious pilgrimages throughout Africa leaving few seats open for Racers and camera crews. Thus delaying their arrival at the (moved) Tanzania pit stop, and thus team releases for the legs in Poland.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1712 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »
As to the Mexico pit stop and the promotional photos. It is entirely possible teams were not told about the NEL, so that it was a surprise for them at the airport at the beginning of the second leg. Thus, that allowed all the stuff to be done with no one the wiser.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1713 on: February 28, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
As to the Mexico pit stop and the promotional photos. It is entirely possible teams were not told about the NEL, so that it was a surprise for them at the airport at the beginning of the second leg. Thus, that allowed all the stuff to be done with no one the wiser.

Were teams allowed to talk to one another during the photoshoot time? ???

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1714 on: February 28, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »
Quote from: theschnauzers link=topic=24737.msg1154219#msg1e154219 date=1456705650

Were teams allowed to talk to one another during the photoshoot time? ???
Don't know. Entirely possible teams were instructed not to speak about the results of the leg only.
-- theschnauzers

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1715 on: February 29, 2016, 02:48:06 AM »
The first "Raw from the Race" video had teams visiting some temples in Mexico.  I'm assuming this is where some of the Promotional Cast pics must have been taken, however, I'm confused on when this actually took place?

It must have been filmed in the morning of the 17th.

My reasons for believing this is that it looked very much like morning in the video (bright sun low on the horizon). And teams probably checked in fairly early on the 16th, but still to late for that morning light. Teams were released in the afternoon of the 17th so there is just about enough time to do the intros in the morning.

Regarding the other teams knowing about the NEL. There is a secret scene showing Scott & Blair arriving to a lounge area where the other teams are waiting during the pit stop. Scott & Blair tell them they were not eliminated. So from that it seems like some of the Eat, Sleep and Mingle is back.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1716 on: February 29, 2016, 03:52:49 AM »
Speaking of the eat-sleep-mingle that was common in earlier seasons, does this depend on the location they're in?

Some teams in recent seasons say they don't know who's out until the following leg, and they're just in their hotel rooms during the whole pit stop period. Meanwhile, we've seen teams see each other in the pit stop in Namibia (TAR26).

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1717 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:01 PM »

Leg 5 and leg 6 of TAR VN 4
Day 1 Flight from Hanoi to Luang Prabang
Day 2 and day 3 Lao's leg
Day 4 Leg in Nghe An province
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PDJ3ATT_ro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odEMcRloaOo&ebc=ANyPxKrd_0nHis7ABt6Wezc11vPp5SPCLGUCIn95pforn-cI6hKSoQKFX1b8uLPgqV2OiC9pAKS2xtRrM1XZuCDDxjAyevejXg
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:53:08 PM by toanglobal »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1718 on: March 01, 2016, 10:42:38 AM »
BUT, we see all the teams together in the video, which means they would've known that Scott & Blair had been saved?  So why, in another Bonus Video, are all the teams so "shocked" when Scott & Blair arrive at the Airport and reveal they're still racing?  ???
That wasn't filmed in an airport, but rather somewhere near the pitstop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1719 on: March 01, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
^^Absolutely correct. That is the place they were eating while waiting to do their interviews/soundbites/etc. So the timing is after the Pitstop, before the overnight sleep, definitely before Leg 2 and the reactions we see are real. Normally they cannot talk to each other but they were allowed to do so here.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1720 on: March 02, 2016, 05:58:04 AM »
Before the start of any season, are all the episodes of the season already edited and ready to watch, but just waiting for the airdates?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1721 on: March 04, 2016, 10:38:54 PM »
What if a team gets arrested for violating the laws in a country?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1722 on: March 04, 2016, 11:50:34 PM »
Lucy & emilia in australia season2?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1723 on: March 05, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
Lucy & emilia in australia season2?

Oh yeah! :ascared I remember they said it was an accident, and they just needed to find a place, so they were set free.

Was there anything more serious than what Lucy & Emilia did? :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1724 on: March 05, 2016, 10:21:18 AM »
What happened to them? I haven't seen any of TAR Australia, but am interested. ;)