Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161278 times)

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1600 on: November 17, 2015, 05:34:46 PM »
I read at Wikipedia once that the team who checked in earlier at the previous pit stop would be able to check in ahead of the team they're up against if it's a tie. This is Wikipedia though, which means the source is unreliable, :funny: but I do think that this scenario can be possible too. ???

That's not just Wikipedia, that was confirmed in a post-race interview by one of the TAR21 teams. I believe it was Abbie & Ryan. Whichever team placed higher on the previous leg is safe.

Confirmed. The team eliminated would be the team who placed lower in the previously leg.

Interesting.  Wonder what would happen on Leg 1?

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1601 on: November 17, 2015, 06:02:16 PM »
Only for open starts....

Is this a yes or a no? :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1602 on: November 17, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
I read at Wikipedia once that the team who checked in earlier at the previous pit stop would be able to check in ahead of the team they're up against if it's a tie. This is Wikipedia though, which means the source is unreliable, :funny: but I do think that this scenario can be possible too. ???

That's not just Wikipedia, that was confirmed in a post-race interview by one of the TAR21 teams. I believe it was Abbie & Ryan. Whichever team placed higher on the previous leg is safe.

Confirmed. The team eliminated would be the team who placed lower in the previously leg.

Whoever draws the purple rock.

...Wait  ???
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1603 on: November 20, 2015, 06:39:56 AM »

Whoever draws the purple rock.

...Wait  ???

I've been wondering about Leg 1 too. :lol: My guess is on the finishing order of the SLT if there's one. If no SLT for the season, maybe for the finishing order of a specific task? ???

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1604 on: November 20, 2015, 07:31:40 AM »
When the summer or odd-numbered season TAR episodes air on Friday nights (in the US), does the TAR crew have a pit stop set for that time while filming for the fall or even-numbered seasons to watch the episode?

For example, TAR27's 1st Indian leg will air tonight (for US time). Does the crew have a set pit stop during the air time so that they can watch it too? ???

… Or do they just skip it because they must've seen it already? :lol:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1605 on: November 20, 2015, 08:26:20 PM »
It depends on where they are in the world / season, for instance, TARAS was filming while TAR 10 was airing, and I think between the Malaysia and Hong Kong legs, the remaining teams got to watch Dustin & Kandice yield Lyn & Karlyn on TAR 10 (after they said they were Yielded, hence 'Yield Queens') so I'd assume crew (if they aren't doing anything) would watch too.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1606 on: November 20, 2015, 11:48:35 PM »
Wikipedia and I disagree on Tiffany & Krista's Roadblock count so far. Which Roadblocks has Tiffany completed? (So I can go back and check plzkthx)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1607 on: November 21, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
Wikipedia and I disagree on Tiffany & Krista's Roadblock count so far. Which Roadblocks has Tiffany completed? (So I can go back and check plzkthx)
Let 3,5,6,8

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1608 on: November 21, 2015, 12:42:05 AM »
Oh jee, wow. Good going, editors.

Leg 5, they show "Krista" on screen, and then two seconds later you hear "GO TIFF!!!"

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1609 on: November 21, 2015, 03:38:15 AM »
Oh jee, wow. Good going, editors.

Leg 5, they show "Krista" on screen, and then two seconds later you hear "GO TIFF!!!"

I never had the courage to mention that since I wasn't sure who was who thanks to that edit of the roadblock, but now that somebody mentioned it... (:;)

Ugh... editors. :gaah:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1610 on: November 26, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
Don't forget to check the official CBS.com TAR page to see if there is any thing there to clarify such points. The other way, if possible is to see what the one Racer performing the roadblock was wearing and go back and look at who declared for the roadblock.....so even if that chevron is wrong on screen yoe can verify the correct ID.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1611 on: November 28, 2015, 04:17:59 AM »
I heard on TVTropes's TAR page that female teams are generally treated quite badly in India. What are instances/events in any season with visit to India where female teams are shown to be treated badly? Like Tiffany & Krista (who got their balloons in chaos by a motorist), Nancy & Emily (they took 1/15 hours to get train tickets) and Tian & Jaree (they complained about being groped during very crowded train ride).
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1612 on: November 28, 2015, 03:28:20 PM »
I heard on TVTropes's TAR page that female teams are generally treated quite badly in India. What are instances/events in any season with visit to India where female teams are shown to be treated badly? Like Tiffany & Krista (who got their balloons in chaos by a motorist), Nancy & Emily (they took 1/15 hours to get train tickets) and Tian & Jaree (they complained about being groped during very crowded train ride).
Does Tina being targeted at the color festival in TAR13 count? or was that for laughs

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1613 on: November 28, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »
Does Tina being targeted at the color festival in TAR13 count? or was that for laughs
I remember Kelly & Christy were treated a bit much during the Holi Roadblock. The non-participating member (I believe it was Christy) got bombarded by powder while being chased on the sidelines.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #1614 on: November 28, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
Holi Roadblock <3
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1615 on: November 28, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
Holi Roadblock <3

TAR13's India legs in general. <3  :<3

Painting Tuk-Tuk task that Dandrew slay. <3
Night Detour with exchanging huge load of money with random local OR ironing clothes in windy area. <33333
Holi's RB <33333333333 (Best Indian RB ever?)
Blurry Eyes OR Teary Eyes <333333
Gardener as Pit Stop greeter <3333

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1616 on: November 30, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
I just rewatch TAR 21 earlier today. One thing come to my attention, in Moscow Josh & Brent were "forced" to take a penalty for not completing the synchronized swimming detour. The interesting fact is they were handed a 4 hours penalty instead of 6 hours. I remember Nick & Vicki took a 6 hours penalty for not completing a detour task in Hongkong. So my question is does the rule have changed? 4 hours penalty for not completing a detour?
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1617 on: November 30, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »
I just rewatch TAR 21 earlier today. One thing come to my attention, in Moscow Josh & Brent were "forced" to take a penalty for not completing the synchronized swimming detour. The interesting fact is they were handed a 4 hours penalty instead of 6 hours. I remember Nick & Vicki took a 6 hours penalty for not completing a detour task in Hongkong. So my question is does the rule have changed? 4 hours penalty for not completing a detour?

Yes. The rules of penalties are not consistent season to season. Mostly because it depends a lot on production schedule. It used to be way longer. I'm gonna try not to spoil what exactly happened but the one that comes to mind was the detour penalty in Season 1, one of the teams thought they would be the last team to arrive so after hours of searching for a location they decided not to complete the detour and were issued a 24 hours penalty. If successfull they would've been safe that leg and the team that won the Fast Forward would've been eliminated.

Offline leeyuck

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1618 on: November 30, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »
Hey, long-time lurker here! I didn't quite know if I should post this in the ongoing apps thread but decided to just ask here because it's a pretty general question:

Do we have an idea of about how many of the teams from recent seasons have actually applied for the race (made and submitted a video/went to a casting call) as opposed to having been recruited by casting and then told to make a tape?

I'm planning on finally applying for the 29th season with my boyfriend but am a bit intimidated because I feel like a lot of the teams nowadays are simply recruits  ???

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1619 on: November 30, 2015, 03:13:40 PM »

I think it was because Josh & Brent were forced while Nick & Vicki wanted to quit.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1620 on: November 30, 2015, 03:26:06 PM »

I think it was because Josh & Brent were forced while Nick & Vicki wanted to quit.

This is the reason why.

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1621 on: November 30, 2015, 03:31:35 PM »

Yes, this could be the factor. Besides the library is already closed when they got there, my theory is that 4 hours penalty were handed to them because they ONLY could've done one detour task, which is the swimming one
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1622 on: November 30, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
Hey, long-time lurker here! I didn't quite know if I should post this in the ongoing apps thread but decided to just ask here because it's a pretty general question:

Do we have an idea of about how many of the teams from recent seasons have actually applied for the race (made and submitted a video/went to a casting call) as opposed to having been recruited by casting and then told to make a tape?

I'm planning on finally applying for the 29th season with my boyfriend but am a bit intimidated because I feel like a lot of the teams nowadays are simply recruits  ???

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, leeyuck!

There are a lot of recruits these days, such as the whole cast of TAR28; however, TAR26's blind daters are not recruits at all IIRC.

It's actually hard to tell whether a team is a recruited one or not unless they say they applied for n times or they were invited to the show. ???

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1623 on: November 30, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
AFAIK: (the people who have spoken about applying and got on)

TAR23:
Tim & Marie

TAR25:
Shelley & Nici
Dennis & Isabelle
Amy & Maya

TAR26:
All Blind Daters
Mike & Rochelle

TAR27:
Justin & Diana
Tiffany & Krista

I'm not too sure about anyone else, but those are from the top of my head for recent seasons! :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1624 on: December 01, 2015, 12:49:11 AM »

This is the reason why.

IIRC, the four hour penalty was written into the instructions for that task. It's been used other times as well. The general 6 hour penalty for not completing a detour is what would otherwise apply if a team quits the detour.
-- theschnauzers