Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161866 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1450 on: June 30, 2015, 02:05:16 AM »
Did Amy & Maya, Misti & Jim, Adam & Bethany and Kym & Alli applied or recruited?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1451 on: June 30, 2015, 03:08:05 AM »
I seem to recall hearing Amy and Maya saying they went to a casting session in Chicago or maybe Milwaukee. I'd guess that Adam and Bethany were recruited due to the movie about Bethany but I don't know for sure. I don't know about the others, but Misti had a beauty pageant title and Kym (or Alli?) was doing Youtube videos, so they might have been recruited.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1452 on: June 30, 2015, 04:26:46 AM »
Follow-up question: Is there a direct way of knowing whether a team was recruited or not?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1453 on: June 30, 2015, 07:18:12 AM »
Did Amy & Maya, Misti & Jim, Adam & Bethany and Kym & Alli applied or recruited?
I seem to recall hearing Amy and Maya saying they went to a casting session in Chicago or maybe Milwaukee. I'd guess that Adam and Bethany were recruited due to the movie about Bethany but I don't know for sure. I don't know about the others, but Misti had a beauty pageant title and Kym (or Alli?) was doing Youtube videos, so they might have been recruited.
Actually, Kym and her brother auditioned for TAR multiple times. It was when they auditioned for Survivor: BvW that they received CBS's call. :ascared
Kym was given an incentive to exchange her brother for a female to be on TAR, hence Alli was cast.
http://www.myentertainmentworld.ca/2015/03/amazing-race-kym-alli/
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1454 on: June 30, 2015, 07:48:45 AM »
Actually, Kym and her brother auditioned for TAR multiple times. It was when they auditioned for Survivor: BvW that they received CBS's call. :ascared
Kym was given an incentive to exchange her brother for a female to be on TAR, hence Alli was cast.

Poor brother. :ascared
After reading that article, I really wanna see Kym & Alli race again. :conf:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1455 on: June 30, 2015, 07:53:37 AM »
Has there ever been a season (US or international) wherein the final leg is only ran by racers of the same gender? (All-male or All-female finale)

TARLA3 had an all-male final three: Maxi & Demi, Felipe & Alejandro and Nicolás & Cristóbal.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1456 on: June 30, 2015, 08:03:47 AM »
Has there ever been a season (US or international) wherein the final leg is only ran by racers of the same gender? (All-male or All-female finale)

TARLA3 had an all-male final three: Maxi & Demi, Felipe & Alejandro and Nicolás & Cristóbal.

Whoa there! :ascared I knew I missed something. Thank you for the info! :)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1457 on: June 30, 2015, 08:19:38 AM »

Whoa there! :ascared I knew I missed something. Thank you for the info! :)

TARLA4 did have all male F3 as well.
Show content
Apparently some speculation was floated out that the upcoming season of TAR did have all same gender F3.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1458 on: June 30, 2015, 08:56:58 AM »
The upcoming season of TAR is still filming :funny: :funny:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1459 on: June 30, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »
The upcoming season of TAR is still filming :funny: :funny:

He/she meant
Show content
TAR Canada 3.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1460 on: July 01, 2015, 02:34:10 AM »
Wow okay!  :ascared Would an all-female F3 be good, if it ever happens?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1461 on: July 01, 2015, 02:44:12 AM »
Wow okay!  :ascared Would an all-female F3 be good, if it ever happens?

Depends on team's personality and behavior.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1462 on: July 01, 2015, 03:08:30 AM »

Poor brother. :ascared
After reading that article, I really wanna see Kym & Alli race again. :conf:

I, on the other hand, would love to see them on Survivor too :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1463 on: July 11, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »
Simple questions:
1.) During the 3rd leg of TAR Aus 2, the 2nd roadblock involved staircases at a certain place in India. Was this task recycled from TAR US? If it was, what season was it originally from?
2.) From TAR Aus 2 as well, was the Pose Nude Fast Forward new to that season or was it recycled from TAR US as well?

Thank you in advance! :)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1464 on: July 11, 2015, 08:15:37 AM »
Simple questions:
1.) During the 3rd leg of TAR Aus 2, the 2nd roadblock involved staircases at a certain place in India. Was this task recycled from TAR US? If it was, what season was it originally from?
2.) From TAR Aus 2 as well, was the Pose Nude Fast Forward new to that season or was it recycled from TAR US as well?

Both of them were original, I think. TAR Canada 2 recycled the nude Fast Forward from TAR Aus 2.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1465 on: July 11, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »
Simple questions:

Staircases Roadblock was original, but was later re-used on the first Norwegian season (with different rules)
Posing nude to be painted was originally from the second Israeli season. It took place in the Czech Republic and involved laying down instead of standing. There were less camera shots with 'conveniently placed objects' in favor of just blurring the naughty parts. The task was then reused again on the second Canadian season (again, with different rules)

http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=The_Amazing_Race_Norge_1_Leg_3
http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=HaMerotz_LaMillion_2_Leg_5
http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=The_Amazing_Race_Canada_2_Leg_9
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1466 on: July 11, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »
Also I think the staircase RB might have been a variation on the unaired FF in Jaipur in TAR 1 (in that season a team has to go to what I think was a different place to climb 33 or 22 steps)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1467 on: July 11, 2015, 05:51:53 PM »
If production and budget ever allows, would The Amazing Race ever visit Antarctica? If so, where would they go? And how would they get there? Probably either from Australia, New Zealand, or Argentina, and the following leg would be in another one of these locations. What do you all think?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1468 on: July 12, 2015, 12:30:42 AM »
If production and budget ever allows, would The Amazing Race ever visit Antarctica? If so, where would they go? And how would they get there? Probably either from Australia, New Zealand, or Argentina, and the following leg would be in another one of these locations. What do you all think?

I think *if* they really wanna do Antarctica, they're most likely visiting via Argentina. (Probably 1-2 legs in Argentina/Chile then Antarctica) It would be much more expensive to access via NZ or Australia.

Still have no idea what they can do over there. Maybe they'll probably fly to some country's base and perform some tasks. The thing is I still think we can create the task in Antarctica (Ice Climbing, Searching things in ice/snow etc.) in somewhere else which is much more easier to access like Alaska, which might be the reason why they didn't visit Antarctica yet. 

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1469 on: July 12, 2015, 12:34:40 AM »
What is the longest jump TAR ever done? I've been thinking about it lately. The two that come up to my mind is the Argentina - Russia one in Leg 4 of TAR5 and Moscow - Portland finale of TAR13. But are they the longest? Or they're other jump that longer than these two? ???

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1470 on: July 12, 2015, 03:25:42 AM »
What is the longest jump TAR ever done? I've been thinking about it lately. The two that come up to my mind is the Argentina - Russia one in Leg 4 of TAR5 and Moscow - Portland finale of TAR13. But are they the longest? Or they're other jump that longer than these two? ???

Here's are some of the longest jump I of think: (only the jump >= ~6000 miles will highlighted)

New York - Livingstone ~7550 miles (TAR1)
Windhoek, Namibia - Bangkok ~ 6200 miles (TAR2)
Montreaux/Geneva - Kuala Lumpur ~6300 miles (TAR3)
Buenos Aires - Saint Petersburg ~8200 miles (TAR5)
Calcutta/Kolkata - Auckland ~6950 miles (TAR5)
El Nido - Calgary ~7000 miles (TAR5)
Sao Paulo - Moscow ~7300 miles (TAR9)
Muscat - Perth ~5400 miles (TAR9)
Seattle - Beijing ~5400 miles (TAR10)
Antananarivo, Madagascar - Helsinki ~5600 miles (TAR10)
La Paz - Auckland ~6950 miles (TAR13)
Moscow - Portland, Oregon ~5350 miles (TAR13)
Prague - Las Vegas ~5750 miles (TAR15)
Los Angeles - Valpariso ~5600 miles (TAR16)
San Carlos de Bariloche - Frankfurt ~ 7950 miles (TAR16)
Shanghai - San Francisco ~6150 miles (TAR16)
Seoul - Los Angeles ~6000 miles (TAR17)
Los Angeles - Sydney ~7500 miles (TAR18)
Los Angeles - Taipei ~6800 miles (TAR19)
Bangkok - Lilongwe, Malawi ~5000 miles (TAR19)
Lilongwe, Malawi - Copenhagen ~5000 miles (TAR19)
Brussels - Panama City ~ 5500 miles (TAR19)
Asuncion, Paraguay - Turin, Italy ~6400 miles (TAR20)
Hanoi - Maun ~ 6250 miles (TAR22)

There's still more the long jump. But I think the Buenos Aires - Saint Petersburg jump is the longest for the direct direction, not including the airport connection. (Like the lolzy Kuwait - Mauritius jump via London ~9000 miles in TAR10 :lol: )
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:34:35 AM by naejae91 »

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1471 on: July 12, 2015, 03:32:37 AM »
Thank you so much!  :<3  Wow, the Buenos Aires - St. Peterburgs 8300 miles is so crazy. I wonder how long they spent on the airplane and transit airport.  :o

Lack of long jump like this in recent season is </3. :(

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1472 on: July 12, 2015, 03:40:26 AM »
Thank you so much!  :<3  Wow, the Buenos Aires - St. Peterburgs 8300 miles is so crazy. I wonder how long they spent on the airplane and transit airport.  :o

Yeah. The recent season are kinda lack of long jump. But I think the last few season have a few legit jump as well. (Malta-Singapore/Manila-Los Angeles in TAR25, Bangkok-Munich/Nice-Namibia/Namibia-Amsterdam/Amsterdam-Peru in TAR26).

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1473 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:58 AM »
What. TAR25 Malta >> Singapore and half the route of TAR26. :umn:

Also quite a few long jumps in TAR27, though I think I'm not allowed to post the details here, as it's from the spoilers.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1474 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
Why in Tar Israel 2 & 3 did they return to Israel before shooting the final legs in Singapore & Taiwan?