Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161212 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1400 on: April 26, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »
Blair used his camera to take a picture of a map on Amsterdam on the local's phone.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1401 on: May 10, 2015, 01:33:48 AM »
Has anyone managed to win three legs in row to finale? Looks like there is only four row leg wins or two.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1402 on: May 10, 2015, 02:18:33 AM »
Has anyone managed to win three legs in row to finale? Looks like there is only four row leg wins or two.

*delete*

I'm misreading your question. Sorry :( Looks like only 2 and 4 in a row.

*but don't worry, Blair & Hayley might be the first team to make it lol :D*
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:23:34 AM by Keepcopz »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1403 on: May 10, 2015, 03:39:36 AM »
Max & Katie won 3 legs in a row before the finale, but they didn't win the race. (There may be others, I didn't check everyone)
So I guess your question is whether any teams have won 2 legs pre-finale in a row and then the third in a row which is the finale. The answer to that would be BJ & Tyler (TAR 9) :)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1404 on: May 10, 2015, 03:42:27 AM »
Max & Katie won 3 legs in a row before the finale, but they didn't win the race. (There may be others, I didn't check everyone)
So I guess your question is whether any teams have won 2 legs pre-finale in a row and then the third in a row which is the finale. The answer to that would be BJ & Tyler (TAR 9) :)

Yeah, that's answer. BJ & Tyler.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1405 on: May 10, 2015, 07:22:53 AM »

Yeah, that's answer. BJ & Tyler.
And everyone's favorite team from TAR24...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1406 on: May 10, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »
Dave & Connor won 4 legs in a row, not 3.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1407 on: May 10, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
In TAR15, Meghan and Cheyne won the final 4 legs. They also won the first leg.

In the same season, Sam and Dan finished 2nd in the final 4 legs. Eric and Jeremy also finished 2nd in the last 4 legs in TAR9.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1408 on: May 10, 2015, 11:47:23 AM »
Rachel & Dave also won the final four legs on TAR20.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1409 on: May 12, 2015, 08:17:35 AM »
Does anybody know what font is used for the teams' names on their U-turn photos?

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1410 on: May 15, 2015, 06:46:20 AM »
When will they start filming for TAR 27?
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1411 on: May 15, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »
When will they start filming for TAR 27?

Late May - Early June

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1412 on: May 20, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »
How strict are the producers at enforcing the rules along the way? For example as far as I understand it teams are forbidden to move each other's belonging. But still Jeff & Jackie moved Tyler's fanny pack (form the back seat to under the front seat) in Munich and we didn't see any penalty.

If production had been real strict then Jeff & Jackie could have taken something like a jacket and used it to cover the fanny-pack. They can do this without moving the fanny-pack, but Laura & Tyler will then be unable to get the fanny-pack without moving the jacket.

Would this work or is it to be too creative with the rules?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1413 on: May 20, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »
How strict are the producers at enforcing the rules along the way? For example as far as I understand it teams are forbidden to move each other's belonging. But still Jeff & Jackie moved Tyler's fanny pack (form the back seat to under the front seat) in Munich and we didn't see any penalty.

If production had been real strict then Jeff & Jackie could have taken something like a jacket and used it to cover the fanny-pack. They can do this without moving the fanny-pack, but Laura & Tyler will then be unable to get the fanny-pack without moving the jacket.

Would this work or is it to be too creative with the rules?

Jeff & Jackie said they didn't touch the fanny pack during the elimination interview.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1414 on: May 21, 2015, 02:13:30 PM »
Either that or they picked it up to see what it was, and then followed the rules by putting it back where it was before, but just happening to smoosh it further under the seat.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1415 on: June 03, 2015, 04:15:45 PM »
Why in Tar Australia 2 did they fly to Amsterdam just to go to Prague and the same with Tar Asia in Frankfurt? Prague has an airport capable of taking long distance flights with a connection through maybe Munich, Paris or Dubai.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #1416 on: June 04, 2015, 05:12:18 AM »
Why in Tar Australia 2 did they fly to Amsterdam just to go to Prague and the same with Tar Asia in Frankfurt? Prague has an airport capable of taking long distance flights with a connection through maybe Munich, Paris or Dubai.

because they needed to eat donuts!!11!

but it was actually probably to push the country count up

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #1417 on: June 04, 2015, 05:29:22 AM »

because they needed to eat donuts!!11!

but it was actually probably to push the country count up
you can never go wrong with donuts, even if you go to another country just for them!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1418 on: June 04, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »
I think in TAR Australia that was the case (country count) especially since their final task was identifying flags.

For TAR Asia 2, I think initially it's so that production can get a leg up on teams since the next several legs would have no bunches (and then once Terri & Henry were like 80 days behind it ensured that production and teams weren't on the same flight to Germany). The US version tends to do this often as well.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1419 on: June 05, 2015, 06:54:59 AM »
What season and episode where teams had to travel using hot air balloon? I definitely want to watch that.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1420 on: June 05, 2015, 07:12:21 AM »
What season and episode where teams had to travel using hot air balloon? I definitely want to watch that.

TAR8, leg 10.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1421 on: June 05, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
Is TAR Philippines in English?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1422 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »
Is TAR Philippines in English?

TAR Philippines is in Taglish. Every contestant and the host speak in a unique mix of the English and Tagalog languages, and the programme assumes that the viewer knows both. It's fairly understandable, but not completely in English.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1423 on: June 08, 2015, 01:01:22 AM »
Are teams allowed to back-out a day before the race? If so, will this affect the filming dates, or will the replacement team be pressured to prepare?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1424 on: June 08, 2015, 01:02:22 AM »
Has leg 11/12 of TAR ever visited the very first country to be visited on the next season?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard