Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161271 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1375 on: April 11, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »
Starting TAR25, Jim (of the dentists) revealed that once a team has gotten tickets, they are not allowed to find an earlier flight anymore.
So For TAR26 Leg 6, was Mike & Rochelle's move legal? ???

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1376 on: April 11, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
Starting TAR25, Jim (of the dentists) revealed that once a team has gotten tickets, they are not allowed to find an earlier flight anymore.

I thought the same, because what Jim said must be true as Matt & Ashley said they were given incorrect tickets at the airport, and they made no effort to look for a better flight?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1377 on: April 11, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »

I don't think they needed to buy new tickets. Instead the airline had no problems putting them on the earlier flight since they probably had fully rebookable tickets. Note that it was the same airline for both flights.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1378 on: April 11, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »
Did Matt & Ashley book tickets on a different airline then? Because otherwise it makes no sense for them not to even try to change tickets.

This is probably impossible to answer, but were the teams allowed to switch detours this leg? It would have been unfair if Rochelle had been chosen the task involving heights, since she is afraid of them, and couldn't switch.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1379 on: April 11, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
Did Matt & Ashley book tickets on a different airline then? Because otherwise it makes no sense for them not to even try to change tickets.

This is probably impossible to answer, but were the teams allowed to switch detours this leg? It would have been unfair if Rochelle had been chosen the task involving heights, since she is afraid of them, and couldn't switch.

It seems as if all teams flew on Lufthansa (despite the telecast repeatedly showing a United plane taking off). But the other teams probably just didn't think about trying to switch.

Regarding changing detours, I think they were quite a distance apart so it would have taken a lot of time to switch.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1380 on: April 11, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »
Previously teams could book multiple flights, they were all fully refundable. These days, almost certainly due to $$$, teams must do their research first, chose a flight, and book that. If they can then talk the airline into booking them sooner, that is great. They just cannot make/hold multiple reservations.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1381 on: April 11, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
So does that also mean that a team couldn't be stand-by on 2 flights? Say, a team is on flight 1 (earliest), others are on flight 2 (later), both of which are fully booked.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1382 on: April 11, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
You would have to be standing by for a flight ion the same airline you had booked. Up to the airline whether they would help  I guess. Theoretically I am not sure M/R were "standing by". I had the impression they just asked if they could get on the earlier flight last minurte. There are always no-shows, I think they were just lucky.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1383 on: April 11, 2015, 03:01:42 PM »
I do remember Rochelle saying "could you put us on stand-by?" or something like that. But it doesn't matter, thanks for answering my question :)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1384 on: April 11, 2015, 06:39:59 PM »
Jim: This season [25] there's a new rule that once you book a ticket, you cannot change it. Even if you find a better flight, you're stuck with your first purchase.

First "purchase" makes me think that teams are allowed to exchange tickets, but that's it. Mike & Rochelle probably exchanged their tickets for last minute seats on the first Nice flight.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1385 on: April 12, 2015, 02:18:06 AM »
Yeah, I think that it right.
Basically once you have spent money on tickets, you cannot spend anymore (on tickets). Exchanging is therefore okay.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1386 on: April 12, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »
You can change your tickets for free when switching flights if your on the same airline... All flights were on Lufthhansa except Matt and Ashley they wer on SwissAir

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1387 on: April 24, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
Does anyone know why Phil always says "@NoOppWasted" at the end of his tweets? :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1388 on: April 25, 2015, 09:30:41 AM »
I don't know what the tweets are about, but if you're asking about the hashtag, it probably means "no opportunity wasted".

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1389 on: April 25, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1390 on: April 25, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
Here's an intresting one:

Say there's a team who's gay or lesbian in the race will the other people signing up have to be non homophobic to avoid all kinds of gaysist  :funny: things happening?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1391 on: April 25, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

Say there's a team who's gay or lesbian in the race will the other people signing up have to be non homophobic to avoid all kinds of gaysist  :funny: things happening?

>Kelly & Jon
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1392 on: April 25, 2015, 12:33:28 PM »

>Kelly & Jon

I've seen Season 4 twice, but I don't really remember seeing any homophobic remarks by any of the teams? What did Kelly & Jon actually say? or do?  ???
I do remember their hatred for Millie though.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1393 on: April 25, 2015, 01:27:08 PM »

>Kelly & Jon

I've seen Season 4 twice, but I don't really remember seeing any homophobic remarks by any of the teams? What did Kelly & Jon actually say? or do?  ???
Jon was very homophobic, and did not want to be beaten by Reichen or Chip simply because of their sexuality. Prime examples of his comments can be found in the Australia legs.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1394 on: April 25, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »

>Kelly & Jon

Jon was very homophobic, and did not want to be beaten by Reichen or Chip simply because of their sexuality. Prime examples of his comments can be found in the Australia legs.

Thanks Book  :<3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1395 on: April 25, 2015, 07:28:12 PM »
Should Jelani & Jenny have gotten a penalty for an outside assistance in the hot tub Detour or are the rebuses free to decipher for the entirety of Amsterdam to solve?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1396 on: April 26, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure if they weren't allowed to ask for help, they would have been penalised :lol:
I agree there should have been a rule prohibiting them to ask locals for help, but quite obviously there was none.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1397 on: April 26, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
In regards to TAR26 rules, I get the feeling that producers really didn't think the whole "selfie phones" through. They haven't been fully explained, but as I understand it they can take pictures and do literally nothing else.

But no-one thought about them taking a picture of something on someone else's phone it seems.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1398 on: April 26, 2015, 02:16:48 PM »
Bergen and Kurt were looking at directions in Munich and so was Blair in Amsterdam so  ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1399 on: April 26, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »
I don't know about Bergen & Kurt, but Blair was probably looking at a photo of a local's phone.