Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161420 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1350 on: January 02, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
The only thing one can do after the Fast Forward is go to the Pit Stop.

TBC stands for To Be Continued, which is shown on-screen for both Double-Length legs and No-Rest legs. The difference is that DL Legs are one leg that is twice as long, while NR Legs are two legs that have no rest-point inbetween.

Since the claim of the "300th" leg, a few DL Legs are going to be reclassified as NR Legs, but other than that we have a pretty solid grasp on which is which.

So 'No Rest' legs are counted as 2. Does this include fake pit stops in season 14/China? But didn't we never concluded how the heck they got 300?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1351 on: January 02, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
Season 14 has been counted as a Double-Length leg for a while now.

I can't remember, but I think someone in the 300th leg thread came up with something definitive. I've been waiting for a good amount of free time to really look into it myself and edit the wiki.

Edit: Neobie came up with two believable hypotheses for the 300 leg conundrum. When I get home later I'll double-check his findings and implement one of them. If the show said 300, then that's gospel.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:09:08 PM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1352 on: January 02, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
If the show said 300, then that's gospel.

Don't take that to heart too much. If that's true, Joey & Meghan was in season 18 ... somehow.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1353 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
If the show said 300, then that's gospel.

Don't take that to heart too much. If that's true, Joey & Meghan was in season 18 ... somehow.

:cmas52

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1354 on: February 26, 2015, 09:35:49 PM »
I'm curious how TAR moves on the go. They had the U-Turn pictures ready in Japan, even when the two people standing together in the picture only met ~24 hours ago. Penultimate Roadblock clues often say "ABC and XYZ must do this Roadblock"; obviously production wouldn't have known this before the race started. I wonder how they get things like this ready in time.  ???
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1355 on: February 26, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
I remember reading someplace that the race travels with computers & printers so they can easily print out the clues on the fly. This would be important as weather or other natural or man-made disasters could alter the routes, tasks, etc.
What we see as the starting line is actually several takes made into the one experience we see on TV. After filming the excitement of meeting the blind date, but before the race takes off, TAR could easily take the pictures. Or, they could have been computer chopped - I didn't look closely but are the racers wearing their starting line clothes?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1356 on: February 26, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »
The Starting Line is actually about four times as long as you see it on TV. Past racers have reported that they film Phil's speech and the sprint to the first clue multiple times, just to get many different angles.

Besides the U-Turn pictures, remember that we also have official cast photos of the Blind Date teams and intro cinematics for them. There was definitely a long pause after they were filmed meeting each other.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline skiier18

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1357 on: February 27, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
I don't know if I should of asked this in the TAR26 thread, but since it was entitled spoilers I was afraid to venture over there. I had a question about the Fitbits being used this season. I did see a bunch of commercials for the product while viewing Wednesday nights episode, of course that is one reason they would be wearing them, simply product placement. But I wanted to know if they'll factor this into the race somehow? The way they did during this summers 2014 Big Brother. Or if there will be a place on the website (I didn't see it) where we can see how many steps they take during the day/night (depending on when they are racing)? And how does the whole process of charging them go? I thought you needed a computer to charge them, I'm sure production steps in for this but it seems like an unneeded added stress.

This questions seems super minuscule but it's not hard to miss the massive bands on everyone's wrist.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1358 on: February 27, 2015, 12:45:31 PM »
Welcome to RFF, skiier18!  :hearts: :conf:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1359 on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
As far as I know, we have not heard anything about how these will be used. My guess is mostly product placement!

:bigwelcome to RFF!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1360 on: February 27, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »
Where did the Leg 2 Roadblock take place, considering teams took a taxi away from Matsushiro Castle.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1361 on: March 05, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
I think K means Luke could not have done the Welsh poem task.
But Luke can complete the recharge fuel RB in leg 6 as well as milk transport in leg 9 and barber task in leg 10
And don't forget Amy & Daniel, despite Amy has an amputee leg, she completed two RBs very well and only eliminated because navigation lost rather than skill

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1362 on: March 07, 2015, 11:07:12 PM »
Steve & Aly is dating for 7 months now. So this was since they were filming or since the show aired?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1363 on: March 08, 2015, 09:16:13 AM »
Filming
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #1364 on: March 14, 2015, 03:13:51 AM »
So I have a question...

Context: I was watching a reairing of a TARLA 6 Leg (I'm not even sure which one). Ok, so there's a Blind U-Turn in this leg and yeah that's fine the team in first place says that they would've use it but they already used their u-turn on a previous leg. Ok, so everything is ok, they can't use it. Then the teams arrive at the mat, they are told they are team number 1 and the host ask them "Why didn't you use your U-Turn?" so they respond "We would've used it but we couldn't because we already used ours" and the host tells them that because it was blind they could've used it without any problem... WAIT WHAT?!

I understand the idea of the Blind U-Turn as a simple U-Turn without your own picture on it so nobody knows you used it. But is part of the rules that if you already used the u-turn you can use a future blind u-turn because your picture is not necessary? Or this is just a stupid and terrible adaptation by the already terrible version The Amazing Race Latin America?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1365 on: March 14, 2015, 01:05:41 PM »
So I have a question...

Context: I was watching a reairing of a TARLA 6 Leg (I'm not even sure which one). Ok, so there's a Blind U-Turn in this leg and yeah that's fine the team in first place says that they would've use it but they already used their u-turn on a previous leg. Ok, so everything is ok, they can't use it. Then the teams arrive at the mat, they are told they are team number 1 and the host ask them "Why didn't you use your U-Turn?" so they respond "We would've used it but we couldn't because we already used ours" and the host tells them that because it was blind they could've used it without any problem... WAIT WHAT?!

I understand the idea of the Blind U-Turn as a simple U-Turn without your own picture on it so nobody knows you used it. But is part of the rules that if you already used the u-turn you can use a future blind u-turn because your picture is not necessary? Or this is just a stupid and terrible adaptation by the already terrible version The Amazing Race Latin America?

It's interesting you mention this actually because quite a while ago Luke ( from Margie & Luke ) said that they would have been able to use the UTurn on Kisha & Jen on Leg 11 in Beijing because they Uturned Amanda and Chris without using there picture which meant they still had it on them! But I don't think would have worked in seasons 19-22 with the electric Uturns but who knows!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1366 on: March 14, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »
Blind U-Turns are considered a separate entity from regular U-Turns.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1367 on: March 14, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »
This has been mentioned above, so could someone clarify which leg was the 300th? :)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1368 on: March 14, 2015, 04:46:13 PM »
This has been mentioned above, so could someone clarify which leg was the 300th? :)

Not this leg again  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1369 on: March 15, 2015, 12:54:57 AM »
There's a thread about it on the forum called "300...?"

The producers claim that TAR25's Italy leg was the 300th, but we the people find that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #1370 on: March 15, 2015, 01:04:07 AM »
Nobody knows. Remember, these are (probably) the same people who considered Joey & Meghan as Season 18 competitors!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1371 on: March 15, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »
I found the 300th episode thread and I know so many people are confused, but can somebody tell me the difference between Keep On Racing, To Be Continued and No Rest Period legs?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1372 on: March 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »
I found the 300th episode thread and I know so many people are confused, but can somebody tell me the difference between Keep On Racing, To Be Continued and No Rest Period legs?

There are to types of Keep on Racings

Seasons 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 14

Seasons 18, 19, 22, 23 & 25

The first set are counted as the same leg
Eg: Tar 10 Leg 9 - Madagascar - Finland ( Kor ) Leg 9 - Finland - Ukraine

The second set are counted as different legs
Eg Tar 22 leg 3 - Bora Bora - New Zealand ( Kor ) Leg 4 - New Zealand - Bali

Did that make sense  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1373 on: March 15, 2015, 10:22:52 PM »
Seasons 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 14 are "Double-Length Legs"

Seasons 18, 19, 22, 23 & 25  are "No-Rest Legs"

"Keep On Racing" and "To Be Continued Legs" are more 'general' terms that the fans came up with, I think, that can apply to both of them.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1374 on: April 10, 2015, 11:32:15 PM »
Is there any inkling of renewal by now?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。