Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161282 times)

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1275 on: October 10, 2014, 05:28:29 AM »
What time do they show TARPh2? I NEED HELP FROM THE FILIPINOS!!!

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM; Mon - Fri; Philippine time
Are there replays during weekends?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1276 on: October 10, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »
What time do they show TARPh2? I NEED HELP FROM THE FILIPINOS!!!

7:00 PM - 7:30 PM; Mon - Fri; Philippine time
Are there replays during weekends?
Perhaps, 9:00 PM IIRC.

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
« Reply #1277 on: October 18, 2014, 06:47:37 AM »
1. Non-elimination legs are predetermined, right? So, if a team with save (i.e. Misti and Jim) arrives last at that predetermined NEL, do they still get to keep The Save?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1278 on: October 18, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »
1. Non-elimination legs are predetermined, right? So, if a team with save (i.e. Misti and Jim) arrives last at that predetermined NEL, do they still get to keep The Save?

Did you see this morning's episode?

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
« Reply #1279 on: October 18, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »

Did you see this morning's episode?
Okay, so I just watched it now sooooo, nevermind

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1280 on: October 21, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »
What was the 4th continent to be visited in TAR 24? If not confirmed, then what is speculated?

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1281 on: October 21, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »
What was the 4th continent to be visited in TAR 24? If not confirmed, then what is speculated?

Speculation been spread that they might go Oceania region (Hobart/Melbourne, Australia or New Zealand) last season.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1282 on: October 22, 2014, 12:46:15 AM »
Who were the former Amazing Racers at the TAR25 starting line? I thought I recognized someone, but the camera shot went too fast.

Frank (TAR1), Terence (TAR13) and Luke (TAR14, TAR18 and TAR24).

And Andrew Lappitt!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1283 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
A question seen in Weibo today:

In the case that a contestant who has double nationality participates in the show with both of his passports, if he loses his American passport in the race and the other passport still allows him to travel internationally, will he be eliminated?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1284 on: October 23, 2014, 03:38:24 PM »
I imagine that yes he could still travel but would run into problems with visas. If he lost the passport with the entry/exit visas then it would be the same as being eliminated because they couldn't continue the race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1285 on: October 23, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »
He would be traveling on a US passport, so his "other" one would not be in play.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1286 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
He would be traveling on a US passport, so his "other" one would not be in play.
I suspect CBS would not allow the contestant to even take the other nationality passport with them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1287 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »
I suspect CBS would not allow the contestant to even take the other nationality passport with them.

Just like how the crew of Survivor did with the winner of the 15th season I wonder?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1288 on: October 24, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »
Who are racers in US version that are Muslim besides Bilal & Sae'ed from TAR 10?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1289 on: October 24, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »
Who are racers in US version that are Muslim besides Bilal & Sae'ed from TAR 10?
Afghanimals
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1290 on: October 24, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »
After arriving at the challenge locale by taxi, do the contestants usually pay the bill and let the taxi go or ask the taxi driver not to leave?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1291 on: October 24, 2014, 11:05:43 PM »
After arriving at the challenge locale by taxi, do the contestants usually pay the bill and let the taxi go or ask the taxi driver not to leave?

It depends on the situation. If teams are in a populated city, they could let their taxi go each time since it could be cheaper to hire a new one than letting their first taxi wait on them while doing a task, and it's just easy to get another one. But sometimes, taxis are so rare or just hard to get that it's better to hang on to one. Sometimes, the clue itself states what's the best course of action.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1292 on: October 24, 2014, 11:55:13 PM »

It depends on the situation. If teams are in a populated city, they could let their taxi go each time since it could be cheaper to hire a new one than letting their first taxi wait on them while doing a task, and it's just easy to get another one. But sometimes, taxis are so rare or just hard to get that it's better to hang on to one. Sometimes, the clue itself states what's the best course of action.

Thanks for your reply  :kuss:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1293 on: October 25, 2014, 03:59:30 PM »
Pertaining to the future scheduling of TAR, if Madam Secretary happens to be "eliminated" from CBS, will The Amazing Race have a good chance of moving back to its preceding Sunday time slot if its ratings don't make the worst of the worst first? I read in this new Yahoo! article, https://tv.yahoo.com/photos/2014-shows-in-trouble-slideshow, that although Madam Secretary has a great viewership count, ratings have staggered in vision of advertisers (which TAR desirably has been known for: Travelocity, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Snapple, Carnival Cruise Lines, etc.).
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1294 on: October 25, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »
Pertaining to the future scheduling of TAR, if Madam Secretary happens to be "eliminated" from CBS, will The Amazing Race have a good chance of moving back to its preceding Sunday time slot if its ratings don't make the worst of the worst first? I read in this new Yahoo! article, https://tv.yahoo.com/photos/2014-shows-in-trouble-slideshow, that although Madam Secretary has a great viewership count, ratings have staggered in vision of advertisers (which TAR desirably has been known for: Travelocity, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Snapple, Carnival Cruise Lines, etc.).

I reckon it depends on whether Madam Secretary will become another Good Wife.  :res:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1295 on: October 28, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »
Did Allan Wu once appear on the US version of TAR as a NPC?  :)  I learnt this info on a website.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1296 on: October 28, 2014, 11:38:36 PM »
Did Allan Wu once appear on the US version of TAR as a NPC?  :)  I learnt this info on a website.

In the Singapore leg of TAR16.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1297 on: October 29, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »

In the Singapore leg of TAR16.

Thanks for your reply :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1298 on: October 29, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »
Good question, I think that TAR is a solid show but I don't think that they will move it back due to sports, and having a solid show on Friday is not always a bad thing. there are staple shows that have been on for 20+ seasons that have a consistent revenue stream, fan base, sponsors, and it keeps winning awards.... they will treat it like the old pair of jeans that people refuse to get ride of because it is just part of your personality, CBS has two stable RT show, survivor and TAR. ( lets not talk about BB)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1299 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »
Madam Secretary now has a full season pickup from CBS, so that should put to rest that sort of speculation.
-- theschnauzers