Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1161470 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1125 on: May 08, 2014, 06:33:49 AM »
If the penalty is real and Nat & Kat had the same map, then it didn't really matter. Since they were the last two teams, they would have the same exact penalty and it wouldn't make a difference in their placements. I guess editing just swept it under the rug since it didn't change their positions.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1126 on: May 13, 2014, 06:56:34 AM »
Which team received the record of getting the most penalties?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1127 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »
Maybe it was having a map DURING a task? In that case, a team could have used it while another team did not? I do not remember, it is just a possibility.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1128 on: May 13, 2014, 10:06:01 AM »
Maybe it was having a map DURING a task? In that case, a team could have used it while another team did not? I do not remember, it is just a possibility.
maybe it is the water delivery detour they did on that leg where teams have to instruct their car drivers to somewhere
it would be unfair for teams who did not have map to complete the option

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1129 on: May 13, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
I believe Mark & Michael from TAR14 accumulated the most penalties since I remember Phil describing their numerous infractions in Thailand for trading belongings in exchange for taxi services TWICE (2 hours each), sabotaging/hiding the bike pumps during the pull rickshaw Roadblock (30 min.), and hiring a taxi to guide them through the rickshaw roadcourse (30 min.). This totaled to 5 hours of waiting! Wow! :o
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1130 on: May 14, 2014, 06:20:32 AM »

In TARA 4 Hussein and Natasha got 3 4-hour penalties on three separate legs*  for a total of 12 hours of time penalties.

*Depending on your personal views on double length legs

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1131 on: May 18, 2014, 02:30:24 AM »
Are TV network CEO and founder/(Unrelated to TAR) TV show producers are allowed to participate?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1132 on: May 18, 2014, 06:37:30 AM »

In TARA 4 Hussein and Natasha got 3 4-hour penalties on three separate legs*  for a total of 12 hours of time penalties.

*Depending on your personal views on double length legs
Hussein & Natasha would have the longest amount of penalties that they have overcame.
Mark & Michael still had 4 penalties, 2 in each of the Thai Legs.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1133 on: May 27, 2014, 06:19:33 AM »
What will happen if the last team has a time credit? Will the 2nd to the last team have to wait at the pit stop and wait for the last team or what will happen exactly?

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1134 on: May 27, 2014, 12:01:29 PM »
What will happen if the last team has a time credit? Will the 2nd to the last team have to wait at the pit stop and wait for the last team or what will happen exactly?

That is one of the things that has bothered me but is never explained by the show. As far as I know, time credits are added to the teams's time retroactively (at the pit start). So even if the last team has a time credit that could bump up their placement, they would still get eliminated. I think this happens because time credits are calculated only after teams have reached the pit stop.

But of course, I'm not sure. ???
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1135 on: May 27, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »
The closest we've seen goes all the way back in seasons one and three, when a penalty against another team took the last arriving team out of last place, and a scene was filmed involving the teams and Phil informing the team of the penalty that changed the eliminated team.

I think the producers ar well aware of what triggers production credits and makes a major effort to avoid those things from happening on the final leg in particular. I think that explains the lack of self-driving and the minimal use of mass transit anywhere on the final legs. (It's easy enough to have extra camera crew teams at each cluebox and tasks on the final leg to take over following the teams to the finish mat.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1136 on: May 29, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
Are a team of former thief/bank robber, prostitutes or film director is allowed to join TAR?  ???
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1137 on: May 29, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
Are a team of former thief/bank robber, prostitutes or film director is allowed to join TAR?  ???

OK, where did you get the team list for TAR 25? :knuckles:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1138 on: May 29, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »

OK, where did you get the team list for TAR 25? :knuckles:

Since The Amazing Race is a family show, I don't think they would cast prostitues, former or otherwise. Though it would be interesting to see a team of them :)

Thief/Bank Robbers could be possible if they didn't have a big news headline attached to their name. They could be a reformed criminal type, like how they casted Tyler & James in S10 as models and reformed drug addicts.

Film Director is totally possible. Are Mel & Mike (S14 & S18) film directors?
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1139 on: May 29, 2014, 04:14:43 PM »
The Amazing Race Latin America 5 had a team of girls from Brazil, and one of them worked in a Sex Shop.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1140 on: May 29, 2014, 08:15:50 PM »
The Amazing Race Latin America 5 had a team of girls from Brazil, and one of them worked in a Sex Shop.

Wait :ascared Sex shop as in a brothel or just a shop selling fetish items and sex toys?
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1141 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:07 PM »
The latter.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1142 on: June 06, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »
One thing I've been wondering...what do you think the TAR contestants tell the customs agents when they go through?  Questions I've been asked (and almost haven't been able to continue without answering) that a TAR contestant normally wouldn't know: Where are you staying? How long will you be here?  And couple this with the lack of onward travel...  I didn't have an answer to these questions when I went to London, and the agent was not happy with me...I wonder if contestants are trained (or provided) with canned answers to satisfy the customs agents?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1143 on: June 06, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »
The teams are always with their camera crews, and possibly some other production people as well.

And it is likely the customs people are alerted beforehand that a show will be having people and camera crews flying in.

(The camera crews are the big tipoff, and sometimes getting their equipment through is a bigger issue than the contestants.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1144 on: June 06, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »
Why does TAR usually choose 11 teams instead of other numbers, like 10? 11 is a somewhat odd number to me.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1145 on: June 06, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »
They try 12 for a few seasons to have one fewer NEL on a 13-leg Race; they tried 10 teams on the Family Edition, which lead to too many NELs on a 13-leg Race; then they tried 11 teams one season (13) I believe with 11 legs, and then settled on the current format of 11 teams and 12 legs ever since.

From a production perspective, 11 seems to work. Can't really explain why much more than that.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1146 on: June 06, 2014, 11:47:21 PM »
Has the race (US version) ever had an Asian couple team?
Dating, married or otherwise...
I know they've had family (Ron & Chris, Tammy & Victor) and friends (Pam & Winnie) but what about love and romance?

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1147 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:23 PM »
I know they've had family (Ron & Chris, Tammy & Victor) and friends (Pam & Winnie) but what about love and romance?
well this season,25 theres gay asian couple.
Creating Routes ~

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1148 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »

Joe/Heidi from Tar16

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1149 on: June 07, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

Joe/Heidi from Tar16
And Vipul & Arti - Indian is Southwest Asian.