The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (199/524) > >>

theschnauzers:
The additional information could be any number of things, from specific rules and requirements for a task to instructions and limitations about transportation, and even the place name in the native language and alphabet that the teams have to get to, especially in places where English speakers aren't common or special local laws or customs that have to be observed (such as women Racers covering their heads when entering a mosque, which has happened in several different Races over the years.

The sheets that are one-third of normal size letter paper are what the producers want the Racers to read on camera (usually) but the additional instructions at the beginning of the Race often included the flight information for the teams' first flight.

AmazingRace:
The Race does not allow teams to fly on certain airlines, am I right?

I was just reading up on an airplane crash in Mozambique that happened last week. The airline was LAM. It sounds familiar as I believe this was the airline teams flew on in TAR11 during the African leg there.

I know that these airlines do not have the best of safety records. But is there like a list of airlines or transport companies that the Race producers forbid them from flying on?

Vitoko:

--- Quote from: AmazingRace on December 07, 2013, 09:20:56 AM ---The Race does not allow teams to fly on certain airlines, am I right?

I was just reading up on an airplane crash in Mozambique that happened last week. The airline was LAM. It sounds familiar as I believe this was the airline teams flew on in TAR11 during the African leg there.

I know that these airlines do not have the best of safety records. But is there like a list of airlines or transport companies that the Race producers forbid them from flying on?

--- End quote ---

I read somewhere, probably on Ryan from S21 review of one of the early episodes of S23, that when teams need to travel somewhere production gives them a list of airlines they can use, I believe this to be true but I'm not so sure about it...

Air:

--- Quote from: AmazingRace on December 07, 2013, 09:20:56 AM ---The Race does not allow teams to fly on certain airlines, am I right?

--- End quote ---

I always guessed it was IATA or ICAO approved airlines?  :cmas5

theschnauzers:
The producers will restrict teams for safety, security, or other production related reasons. (In the early seasons, especially immediately after 9/11, Athens and Frankfurt had a poor security reputation, for example.) Other restrictions may be due to visa or other requirements specific to a certain country.

As far as I've read over the years, there is not a master list as such, it has to be adjusted for changes reflecting the safety, security, or other production related reasons I mentioned before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version