The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (145/524) > >>

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: airn10 on January 27, 2013, 02:22:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: bwils927 on January 27, 2013, 11:05:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: airn10 on January 27, 2013, 08:22:09 AM ---Is there always a producer with each team, or are they only present at the detours and roadblocks?

--- End quote ---
each team has a cameraman and a sound guy and there are mounted cameras/mics + more cameramen at tasks and the pit stop

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I kind of figured that about the sound and video guys.

I just imagined there would be producers everywhere to ensure smooth roadblocks and detours and any airport mishaps.

Also, who calls for replacement cars i.e. when a teams car breaks down, who makes the call to get a new one?

--- End quote ---
It's usually the cameramen who "walkie-talkie" the producers to send a replacement vehicle remembering Kent & Vyxsin's stickshift malfunction in Italy and Maria & Tiffany's (?) unstartable vehicle after the water for camels Roadblock in Dubai.

airn10:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on January 27, 2013, 02:48:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: airn10 on January 27, 2013, 02:22:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: bwils927 on January 27, 2013, 11:05:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: airn10 on January 27, 2013, 08:22:09 AM ---Is there always a producer with each team, or are they only present at the detours and roadblocks?

--- End quote ---
each team has a cameraman and a sound guy and there are mounted cameras/mics + more cameramen at tasks and the pit stop

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I kind of figured that about the sound and video guys.

I just imagined there would be producers everywhere to ensure smooth roadblocks and detours and any airport mishaps.

Also, who calls for replacement cars i.e. when a teams car breaks down, who makes the call to get a new one?

--- End quote ---
It's usually the cameramen who "walkie-talkie" the producers to send a replacement vehicle remembering Kent & Vyxsin's stickshift malfunction in Italy and Maria & Tiffany's (?) unstartable vehicle after the water for camels Roadblock in Dubai.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. It makes sense to have communication between the camera men and producers.

I wonder how many producers are available during any given leg and where they are during each leg???

Theo:

--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on January 27, 2013, 08:47:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: apskip on January 27, 2013, 07:37:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Leafsfan on January 26, 2013, 09:36:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: RachelLeVega on January 26, 2013, 08:42:07 PM ---I don't know if this has been discussed as I know of, but has any teams in any edition arrived at the Pit Stop thinking they have claimed 1st place, but learned they were actually last or vice versa (thinking they were last, but learned they arrived in 1st)?

I've always wanted to see an expression like...
PHIL (OR ANY OTHER TAR HOST): _____ & _____... :stare
TEAM: Give us good news! *crosses fingers happily for first* :bounce :bounce
PHIL (O.A.O.TAR.H): You are the last team to arrive... :(
TEAM: *Lucy & Emilia's episode 4 "confuzzled" face*... WHAT?! :o :o
PHIL (O.A.O.TAR.H): I'm sorry to tell you that you've both been eliminated from the race. :(
TEAM: Are you joking?! Oh...my... how could this have happened? Like, I seriously don't know... :umn:

--- End quote ---

TAR3 in Scotland the last place team had won the ff and arrived last so there must have been some sort of shock.

--- End quote ---

Not exactly. Dennis and Andrew had problems getting flights and arrived into London 8 hours later than the latest of the other AR3 teams. Gaining a few hours back by avoiding the tasks in Cambridge did not make enough difference to keep them out of last place.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of a scenario without the FF coming into play similar to the Taiwan leg in TAR12 like...

Final 4 all at the Roadblock location... Brian & Angela (1st) departs RB *make your way to the Pit Stop* and takes a taxi to the Pit Stop and once they're out of sight, Steve & Mike (2nd), Stacy & Jenny (3rd), and Roger & Cathy (Last) finish the RB and race to the Pit Stop learning there was a quicker route by taking a city bus than taking a taxi during rush hour. Steve & Mike, Stacy & Jenny, and Roger & Cathy all reach the Pit Stop and then they were off the mat. Brian & Angela runs up unknowingly they are last (thinking they were 1st), but received the information and were eliminated with a speechless and shocked expression.

So to clarify, has any team dropped from 1st to last during the race to the Pit Stop, but thought they were first? :)

--- End quote ---

What about Andy & Tommy in Panama? *shrug*

Jimmer:
Whoops, forgot about rat FF.

theschnauzers:
One thing to mention about field producers during filming.
WRP (Bert, Elise, and company travel with the Race during filming and from what I've understood, they trying to cover the main tasks and pit stop traveling separately from Phil and the Racers. Phil also wears a producer hat, mostly for his stand-ups and perhaps the pit stops if the main production team has to get ahead to the locations for the following leg(s). Then there are local producers in each country that get that leg and its tasks set up for filming. They could be locals, could be based with WRP, or are hired from other places to come in and handle certain locations for the filming. (Remember the local producer who died in Uganda a year or so back? He was brought in to help set up and film the Malawi legs a couple of Racers ago and was based in South Africa, IIRC. Although his death wasn't when he was helping WRP, he was an example of a producer that helps out in a particular country for filiming.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version