Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158788 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
There have been a few instances, particularly in the more recent seasons of Camera & Sound men being in the shot. Usually its not for very long though. The only really glaring issue I've ever found is Kelly & Christy being visible in the background, watching Andrew and Dan complete their speed bump three legs after they were eliminated

Complete Fail

And Kelly and Christy told us they honestly didn't know they were caught in the footage. :lol3:

Offline Goldeneye

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »
So far, I've heard about those in a few instances...

Season 13 - Leg 9 - This one was confirmed by at least one team here and it was claimed to be at the military camp and given the nature of the U-Turn, it is at the military camp.

Season 15 - Leg 3 - This is the murky one as it claims that U-Turn was blind and was used by a team to no effect. There isn't a location associated with it, so where ever it was, that U-Turn was edited out.

Season 15 - Leg 8 (or 10?) - The second of the U-Turns, if it did exist would have been in either of those legs, since the U-Turn normally is right before a roadblock and not right before a pit stop.

Season 17 - Leg 6 or 7? - There is some claim that a (possibly blind?) U-Turn was located on Leg 6 (at Palace Square) - However, I think it may Leg 7 that had a U-Turn since the Detour was up first and both options were at the site itself.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »
Wikipedia lists the TAR15 Leg 3 U-Turn as being an unaired Blind U-Turn. Lance & Keri had tried to U-Turn Sam & Dan, but they were already ahead of them at that time.

As far as Season 17, I wouldn't be surprised if the only U-Turn on the race was the Double U-Turn in Bangladesh in Leg 9. They had introduced the Express Pass that season, and I think the producers would've been disappointed with the lack of drama if a team had chosen to U-Turn the team that won the Express Pass, only to have them skip the other task. (Just my 2 cents, anyway. Not intended to be taken as fact!)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
Wikipedia lists the TAR15 Leg 3 U-Turn as being an unaired Blind U-Turn. Lance & Keri had tried to U-Turn Sam & Dan, but they were already ahead of them at that time.

As far as Season 17, I wouldn't be surprised if the only U-Turn on the race was the Double U-Turn in Bangladesh in Leg 9. They had introduced the Express Pass that season, and I think the producers would've been disappointed with the lack of drama if a team had chosen to U-Turn the team that won the Express Pass, only to have them skip the other task. (Just my 2 cents, anyway. Not intended to be taken as fact!)

Yes, this is a very interesting line of thinking. The Express Pass poses interesing issues such as this.

Kynt and Vyxsin also U-Turn Nick and Don, who were ahead of them in this particulaur leg in TAR 12.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:50 PM »

I thought it was Mika & Canaan who tried to u-turn Lance & Keri??

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »

Yes, this is a very interesting line of thinking. The Express Pass poses interesing issues such as this.

Kynt and Vyxsin also U-Turn Nick and Don, who were ahead of them in this particulaur leg in TAR 12.

The Prophet, in what way is Kent and Vysxin's U-TURN in TAR 12 "unaired/missing" such that it deserves a mention by you? :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »

The Prophet, in what way is Kent and Vysxin's U-TURN in TAR 12 "unaired/missing" such that it deserves a mention by you? :duno:

:duno: It's just odd.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 08:33:18 PM »

:duno: It's just odd.

It's not. It's part of the race rules that if you use a U-TURN on a team in front of you, it will not work.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 01:33:54 AM »
David & Mary wore 'LOST' T-shirts in reference to the Cho Bros in All-Stars(I believe they wore it in Leg 2.)

Slightly OT: Erwin & Godwin wore T-Shirts with Phil's face in the India leg in Season 10.
I liked both shirts.  Another Phil reference that I liked, was on Season Nine (and not BJ & Tyler hammy it up on Phil's last job, though it is the leg they were the great Bowling Mom shirts), but where Jeremy & Eric are searching through Laundry and and Eric "say's this is one of Phil's turtlenecks".  It's rare for the racers comments about Phil to make it on air (except at the Pit Stops).

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 01:57:23 AM »
There was another nod to Phil in which a team (BJ and Tyler again, I think) handed their last dollar to Phil and said "Don't waste the opportunity"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 02:00:44 AM »
Another reason why i adore Mary of David and Mary so much.

"I Know Phil, Little Ol’ Gorgeous Thing"

4th leg episode title of TAR 10. :tup:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 02:47:12 AM »
There was another nod to Phil in which a team (BJ and Tyler again, I think) handed their last dollar to Phil and said "Don't waste the opportunity"
That's the one I didn't like.  It just seemed so planned out (not like getting shirts with people's names on it or phrases isn't planned out.  But it just seemed so, played to the camera to me.  Of course thats just my personal taste on that one time.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 03:19:58 AM »
That's the one I didn't like.  It just seemed so planned out (not like getting shirts with people's names on it or phrases isn't planned out.  But it just seemed so, played to the camera to me.  Of course thats just my personal taste on that one time.

Nods and agrees fervently. BJ and Tyler = :eww :lol:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »
Anyone has any idea how much money runner ups and 3rd place teams will get?

Take tennis grand slams for examples, champions get 1 million, runner ups get 500,000.

But I doubt in TAR they will get that much, if they do, Phil will probably change his lines to '2nd place teams will also get 500,000. '

My guess is somewhere around 100,000.

:lol: :yess:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
I don't know what it is to attract Unfinished Business teams, but for a regular Amazing Race season I believe second gets a bit less than $100,000.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »
Just a question for Peach,

In season 16, Dan and Jordan was lost in France, and when they finally found their way, Jordan said something ' Peach, I got it!'

Any connections with Peach here?? Or maybe its kind of American slang?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
Of course he was talking to me!! :funny:

No, Jordan calls some of his (girl) friends peach all the time...in this case he was talking to Caite.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »

No, Jordan calls some of his (girl) friends peach all the time...in this case he was talking to Caite.

Didn't know he liked girls... More likely it was peach he meant. :lol:

It's not. It's part of the race rules that if you use a U-TURN on a team in front of you, it will not work.

I meant that it was an odd Uturn I thought was worth mentioning.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:30:24 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
Friends that are girls, silly.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2011, 09:26:57 PM »

I love how in the finale at the finish line, Jordan is cheering on Brent and Caite and is like "Come on, peach!!". Brandy glares at him and he's like "What? She's my peach"
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Rogos12

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 06:43:39 PM »
Hi long time reader and first time poster and had a random question. Does anyone know which teams in AR history that have completed every single task??? I guess automatically a pre-requisite would have to be a team in the final 3. Just wondering if anyone knew for sure has this been done? I am stumped trying to think if anyone has.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »
Well, I don't think this is possible unless a team completed both sides of the Detour in every leg.

If you are not including that, then I fail to understand the question. The answer would be every attendee of the finale who never Fast Forwarded. Also excluding teams that did are not known to have completed all the task in the final leg before checking in to the Finish Line.

:wel1:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:03:39 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Rogos12

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 07:03:22 PM »
Then yes I guess its every team that made the Final 3 that didn't use a Fast Forward or any other circumstance where they didn't complete a task.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
We're glad you stopped lurking and joined in the discussion! :waves:

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Rogos12!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains