The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (448/524) > >>

theschnauzers:

--- Quote from: Lemontail on August 04, 2018, 12:28:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Maanca on June 23, 2017, 11:24:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: BourkieBoy on June 23, 2017, 11:11:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: TAR456 on June 23, 2017, 09:21:52 AM ---Would TAR be any different if TAR debuted in 1980s or 1990s?

--- End quote ---

I reckon so! The editing would be different and same with the countries visited.

--- End quote ---

Interesting question. In the 80's, yes, there would be a few differences in Europe.
-Germany was East and West prior to the wall coming down in 1989
-Prior to 1991, Croatia and all its neighbouring countries were part of Yugoslavia
-Russia probably would never been an option, being the USSR also prior to 1991

Can't immediately think of examples in other parts of the world

--- End quote ---

Sorry for reviving this.

So, the Soviet Union wouldn't allow TAR to visit them?

Imagine if TAR could time travel, then we could visit the Ottoman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Chinese (Qing) Empire lol

--- End quote ---

You left out Czechoslovakia, which was part of the Warsaw Pact/ Soviet sphere ofnfluence, that also divided after the end of the Cold War. And Crypus has been divided (unofficially) into Greek and Turkish areas for decades.

G.B.:
"According to an interview with Wally Bransen on RFF Radio, Hurricane Emily forced producers to cancel a leg in Belize"
   -Wikipedia

Does this exist anywhere? I would love to hear it if it does (Assuming RFF stands for us?)

georgiapeach:
That was Rob's show. I'll ask if the archives are around.

G.B.:
Actually, while I'm at it, could I please have a list of all cancelled Race destinations with a source? Not to discredit the unsourced ones or anything, but for this project I'm kindasortamaybe working on, I need ones with a source.

TARstorian:

--- Quote from: G.B. on August 22, 2018, 01:26:08 AM ---Actually, while I'm at it, could I please have a list of all cancelled Race destinations with a source? Not to discredit the unsourced ones or anything, but for this project I'm kindasortamaybe working on, I need ones with a source.

--- End quote ---

Here is the "no way in hell we'll try going to Qatar again" link.

https://nypost.com/2017/05/31/amazing-race-crew-reveal-their-craziest-behind-the-scenes-tales/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version