Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 410724 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1975 on: June 11, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »
Who can apply for the show? Is it only those living in the 50 states or Washington DC?

I assume all 50 states plus Washington D.C. According to TAR Casting Website, you just need to be a US citizen and you must have a valid US passport.

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Faq

Well you just would have eliminated Sara with those rules... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1976 on: June 11, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »
The show doesn't care WHERE you live as long as you are a US CITIZEN.

I think you all mean Sara...not Brooke.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1977 on: June 11, 2017, 10:05:59 PM »
The show doesn't care WHERE you live as long as you are a US CITIZEN.

I think you all mean Sara...not Brooke.

Yes, my bad. Coincidentally, Sara mentioned that in a tweet today. I was probably thinking Brooke remembering she has a website for her legal practice.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1978 on: June 12, 2017, 12:45:30 AM »
I'm in Canada and we don't have fancy overseas territories, so I don't always understand the rules.

What about American Samoa? I remember from a CGP Grey video that people from there are only "foreign nationals" of the USA, or something like that.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1979 on: June 12, 2017, 02:12:53 AM »
I'm in Canada and we don't have fancy overseas territories, so I don't always understand the rules.

we may not have fancy overseas territories, but we do have cold, northern territories.

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1980 on: June 12, 2017, 09:56:35 AM »
^ :lol:

What about American Samoa? I remember from a CGP Grey video that people from there are only "foreign nationals" of the USA, or something like that.
Anyone born in Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands automatically becomes a citizen.

American Samoans are only citizens if one of their parents is a U.S. citizen or if they go through the naturalization process like other non-Americans to become a U.S. citizen.
"If you do not want to be criticized, do not do anything, do not say anything and do not be anything." - Marian Wright Edelman
"I do 10 push-ups every morning, then I breathe and do another 10." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1981 on: June 17, 2017, 06:46:22 PM »
Is there any TAR season where everyone except the first eliminated team have been checked in Top 3 at Pit Stop?
Whatever.

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1982 on: June 17, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
Is there any TAR season where everyone except the first eliminated team have been checked in Top 3 at Pit Stop?
In the US version, none have, but 4, 5, and 22 are the only seasons (as far as I'm aware) where only one team hasn't been in the top 3.

4: Russell & Cindy never made it to the top 3, the rest (except Debra & Steve) did. In fact, Monica & Sheree are the only other team to not win a leg (but were 2nd on one leg). You can discredit this season however, as two other teams only had their appearance in the top 3 from the Fast Forward.

5: Bob & Joyce only made it to the top 4, the rest (apart from Dennis & Erika) made it to the top 3 at least once.

22: Idries & Jamil were never in the top 3, everyone above them did.

There might be international versions that has done this, but TAR 5 is the closest you can get in the US.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:05:43 AM by CanadianOwl »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1983 on: June 17, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »
Internationally, Asia 1. Though it was actually everyone except the second team out - Leg 1 was a Non-Elimination.

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1984 on: June 17, 2017, 09:40:15 PM »
I've checked and it seems to be TAR (new) China 2 and TAR Vietnam 4 (2015).
Whatever.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1985 on: June 18, 2017, 02:05:33 AM »
I don't think there is one
But season 4 and season 5 came close by having two teams each failed to get any Top 3 placement throughout the season

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1986 on: June 18, 2017, 02:26:45 AM »
I've checked and it seems to be TAR (new) China 2 and TAR Vietnam 4 (2015).
TAR Vietnam 4 began with 3 back to back NELs, and only two teams of them (Song Ngư & Trúc Như, Ly Ly & Joo Young) not checked-in at top 2 in any legs

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1987 on: June 18, 2017, 05:01:49 PM »
I don't think there is one
But season 4 and season 5 came close by having two teams each failed to get any Top 3 placement throughout the season
This happened in Seasons 18 and 22 as well. 

18 was a unique case because 11th place finishers Amanda & Kris actually finished 2nd on the first leg--It was Mel & Mike and Jaime & Cara who failed to place in the top 3 at least once during the season.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1988 on: June 20, 2017, 04:21:11 PM »
Internationally, Asia 1. Though it was actually everyone except the second team out - Leg 1 was a Non-Elimination.
Asia 1, Asia was an air sponsor thus It equalized teams with each others by only one available flight in every legs except final one

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1989 on: June 22, 2017, 01:05:36 AM »
I read somewhere that Chip from Chip & Kim from TAR 5 once made a list of strongest individual TAR racers, which all 11 spots were men, with top female racer being a physical trainer. Their names please?
Whatever.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1990 on: June 22, 2017, 01:51:27 AM »
Which race course (Excluding TAR Canada and Family Edition) spent the most legs in English-speaking countries? Something tells me it's TAR2
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1991 on: June 22, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
Also, biking seems to appear occasionally along the race. Therefore, is it a requirement for every racer to learn how to ride a bike before joining the race?

Gonna ask this again. It got flooded by my question on conjoined twins. :lol:
Lowkey lurking until TAR returns.
I'm back!!!
Slowly fading now that TAR30 filming is over.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1992 on: June 22, 2017, 12:15:47 PM »
Also, biking seems to appear occasionally along the race. Therefore, is it a requirement for every racer to learn how to ride a bike before joining the race?

Gonna ask this again. It got flooded by my question on conjoined twins. :lol:

I think it's one of those things that are...intuitive to know? Not to mention in every possible task with biking either a) it's a Detour and you can switch and/or b) you can *walk* the bike.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1993 on: June 22, 2017, 12:26:36 PM »
Which race course (Excluding TAR Canada and Family Edition) spent the most legs in English-speaking countries? Something tells me it's TAR2

Going off of official languages it's probably TAR2 (South Africa, Namibia, Hong Kong, Australia x2, New Zealand x2, US x2).

Thinking about it TAR22 comes close - New Zealand, Botswana x2, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the US account for 6/12 legs and in French Polynesia they mostly raced in or near resorts where English is understood so...8/12?

This makes me wonder about the opposite question - what season was the "hardest" from a language perspective? There were some that only had the US as an English speaking country (21 and 29 come to mind) but I think those might have been tempered with "easy" languages (Spanish, French).

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • AKA Paldog AKA Paldog123456
« Reply #1994 on: June 22, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »

Going off of official languages it's probably TAR2 (South Africa, Namibia, Hong Kong, Australia x2, New Zealand x2, US x2).

Thinking about it TAR22 comes close - New Zealand, Botswana x2, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the US account for 6/12 legs and in French Polynesia they mostly raced in or near resorts where English is understood so...8/12?

This makes me wonder about the opposite question - what season was the "hardest" from a language perspective? There were some that only had the US as an English speaking country (21 and 29 come to mind) but I think those might have been tempered with "easy" languages (Spanish, French).

TAR 14 had Russia, China, and India - it seemed like there were a lot of language challenges.
Por ti volaré
Espera que llegaré
Mi fin de trayecto eres tú
Para vivirlo los dos

Online Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1995 on: June 22, 2017, 02:57:47 PM »
^ I agree, those are not only countries where English is not an official language, but the language barrier is huge in that it's pretty hard to find an average person who speaks English. I mean, like a random pedestrian to ask for information or something like a taxi driver.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1996 on: June 22, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »
TAR14 is likely the one wit teams having the most language barrier

Who can forget Jamie and Cara's Beijing fiasco  :funny:
I think teams had language difficulty in Siberia and Thailand as well

Online Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1997 on: June 22, 2017, 09:23:32 PM »
Is there a penalty for missing a U-Turn and checks in the Pit Stop despite being U-Turned? Or disregarding the U-Turn just to continue the race without doing the other Detour after being U-Turned?
Whatever.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1998 on: June 22, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »
Is it just me, or are there no detours whenever there is a switchback that is an ARI? ???
Lowkey lurking until TAR returns.
I'm back!!!
Slowly fading now that TAR30 filming is over.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1999 on: June 22, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
Is there a penalty for missing a U-Turn and checks in the Pit Stop despite being U-Turned? Or disregarding the U-Turn just to continue the race without doing the other Detour after being U-Turned?

Yes, that situation happened in Canada 3. One woman needed medical attention after the Roadblock, and her injury prevented being able to finish either Detour. They got U-Turned but had given up.