The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (391/524) > >>

Platrium:

--- Quote from: Emil007 on June 02, 2017, 06:53:54 PM ---Hi - just now after watching the final episode I wonder two things, and I hope some of you experts can answer them ;)

1.) Why was the winning team allowed to "Gate Check" their bags? Why is it so "secret"? What does is mean exactly, because why wouldn't all the teams do that on the final leg?

2.) How did they keep that Winning Team secret? I searched the spoiler threads after seeing it, and you only got them up to the check in to the stadium. Then they take a, I suppose pre-fixed taxi to a "secret" location and check in. Is the taxi so secret? I mean you had a drone up there! (I really researched before asking xD)
But especially this time. The location wasn't secret. I saw all the boats and spectators in the background, someone must have seen something? There were no decoy teams (this time? I read somewhere here, but - sidequestion - how do they use decoy teams?) so how do they keep that from the internet?

Thanks for your time and answers im advance =)

--- End quote ---

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, Emil 007!

For number 1, I think that's technically like leaving the bags elsewhere on the race course. Then they'll just retrieve it after the race, since it's the final leg. If you remember or watched TAR16, Steve & Allie accidentally left their bags in Seychelles, and raced the following leg without their bags as they were not able to retrieve it themselves. I believe that rule applies. Since Brooke & Scott didn't need their bags anymore on the final leg, they just checked them in and plan to retrieve them after the race so that they'll be running the final leg with a lighter load. Someone please correct me if ever I'm wrong.

As for number 2, I'd rather have a different forum member answer that to be safe. :)

Platrium:
Just wondering, would conjoined twins, if ever casted, count as 1 or 2 members of a team? ???

Also, biking seems to appear occasionally along the race. Therefore, is it a requirement for every racer to learn how to ride a bike before joining the race?

Glamazon Racer:

--- Quote from: Platrium on June 04, 2017, 07:12:30 AM ---Just wondering, would conjoined twins, if ever casted, count as 1 or 2 members of a team? ???

--- End quote ---

They would be two team members but running a very serious risk of violating Roadblock rules of not being allowed to help.

Lemontail:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on June 04, 2017, 08:39:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Glamazon Racer on June 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Platrium on June 04, 2017, 07:12:30 AM ---Just wondering, would conjoined twins, if ever casted, count as 1 or 2 members of a team? ???

--- End quote ---

They would be two team members but running a very serious risk of violating Roadblock rules of not being allowed to help.

--- End quote ---

I don't even know where to start with this one.

--- End quote ---

They would have to carry two (or one?) bags, self-drive, issue passports, book flights (one seat or two?), do two-people or more tasks, and whatever. So, the possibility of this being cast is very, very low. But anything can happen.

Maanca:

--- Quote from: Platrium on June 02, 2017, 10:48:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: Emil007 on June 02, 2017, 06:53:54 PM ---2.) How did they keep that Winning Team secret? I searched the spoiler threads after seeing it, and you only got them up to the check in to the stadium. Then they take a, I suppose pre-fixed taxi to a "secret" location and check in. Is the taxi so secret? I mean you had a drone up there! (I really researched before asking xD)
But especially this time. The location wasn't secret. I saw all the boats and spectators in the background, someone must have seen something? There were no decoy teams (this time? I read somewhere here, but - sidequestion - how do they use decoy teams?) so how do they keep that from the internet?

Thanks for your time and answers im advance =)

--- End quote ---

As for number 2, I'd rather have a different forum member answer that to be safe. :)

--- End quote ---

I wasn't here then, but from a podcast I once heard it sounds like Season 21 was one of the last times they used "decoy teams". They had the last 2 eliminated teams (in that instance, Abbie & Ryan and Natalie & Nadiya) running around looking like they're racing in a location away from where the actual final 3 is, to divert attention.

Of course it there was no camera and sound crew with them, it's pretty obvious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version