Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 405332 times)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Previously as rafael02
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1950 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:40 AM »
We have an article for the "Switchback" on our wiki. However, it looks like the Race has dropped the Switchback name even though they're still doing Switchback-y tasks. I didn't add them to the list on the page, but I should go and do that now.

After the last "official" one in Season 25, I know there was one in Zimbabwe (27), and now two in Greece and Vietnam (29). Did I forget any?

Would the waterslide in the UAE in TAR 28 count? Racers were definitely mentioning Mika melting down and I think the show might have as well.

I thought it was a just a recall ... not a properly switchback
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1951 on: May 24, 2017, 08:08:44 AM »
Even without the Elimination Station, do eliminated teams from TAR 18 onwards still do things like that are seen in Elimination Station, like going outdoors, play tennis, or whatever?

Oh yes..they have an AMAZING time.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1952 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
Thanks, Peach!

By the way, do we ever know other five teams (ten chosen) that is in Phil's 15 returning teams list for All Stars?
Whatever.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1953 on: May 24, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »
What list? ???

Link please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1954 on: May 24, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »
What list? ???

Link please?

TAR 11's Phil personal list.
Whatever.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1955 on: May 24, 2017, 10:59:29 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1957 on: May 24, 2017, 05:19:08 PM »
Oh thanks!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1958 on: May 25, 2017, 04:16:52 AM »
We have an article for the "Switchback" on our wiki. However, it looks like the Race has dropped the Switchback name even though they're still doing Switchback-y tasks. I didn't add them to the list on the page, but I should go and do that now.

After the last "official" one in Season 25, I know there was one in Zimbabwe (27), and now two in Greece and Vietnam (29). Did I forget any?

Would the waterslide in the UAE in TAR 28 count? Racers were definitely mentioning Mika melting down and I think the show might have as well.

I thought it was a just a recall ... not a properly switchback

Same place, but not the same task. Is that considered a Switchback? ???
Lowkey lurking until TAR returns.
I'm back!!!
Slowly fading now that TAR30 filming is over.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1959 on: May 26, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »
Mostly because they show footage from the previous season.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1960 on: May 29, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
Do 4th-6th place eliminated teams still are being used as decoys or what?
Whatever.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1961 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
Haven't had decoys in a while. They DEF should have used them this time!

Both Becca and Floyd and Matt and Red were sent directly to Chicago...no sequester (from B/F Podcast)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Emil007

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1962 on: June 02, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
Hi - just now after watching the final episode I wonder two things, and I hope some of you experts can answer them ;)

1.) Why was the winning team allowed to "Gate Check" their bags? Why is it so "secret"? What does is mean exactly, because why wouldn't all the teams do that on the final leg?

2.) How did they keep that Winning Team secret? I searched the spoiler threads after seeing it, and you only got them up to the check in to the stadium. Then they take a, I suppose pre-fixed taxi to a "secret" location and check in. Is the taxi so secret? I mean you had a drone up there! (I really researched before asking xD)
But especially this time. The location wasn't secret. I saw all the boats and spectators in the background, someone must have seen something? There were no decoy teams (this time? I read somewhere here, but - sidequestion - how do they use decoy teams?) so how do they keep that from the internet?

Thanks for your time and answers im advance =)

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 'He's doing Aerial Acrobatics'
« Reply #1963 on: June 02, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »
 :welcome: :hello2: :wel2 :hiya :bigwelcome :welcome2: to RFF, Emil007
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1964 on: June 02, 2017, 10:48:03 PM »
Hi - just now after watching the final episode I wonder two things, and I hope some of you experts can answer them ;)

1.) Why was the winning team allowed to "Gate Check" their bags? Why is it so "secret"? What does is mean exactly, because why wouldn't all the teams do that on the final leg?

2.) How did they keep that Winning Team secret? I searched the spoiler threads after seeing it, and you only got them up to the check in to the stadium. Then they take a, I suppose pre-fixed taxi to a "secret" location and check in. Is the taxi so secret? I mean you had a drone up there! (I really researched before asking xD)
But especially this time. The location wasn't secret. I saw all the boats and spectators in the background, someone must have seen something? There were no decoy teams (this time? I read somewhere here, but - sidequestion - how do they use decoy teams?) so how do they keep that from the internet?

:hello2: and :wel2 to RFF, Emil 007!

For number 1, I think that's technically like leaving the bags elsewhere on the race course. Then they'll just retrieve it after the race, since it's the final leg. If you remember or watched TAR16, Steve & Allie accidentally left their bags in Seychelles, and raced the following leg without their bags as they were not able to retrieve it themselves. I believe that rule applies. Since Brooke & Scott didn't need their bags anymore on the final leg, they just checked them in and plan to retrieve them after the race so that they'll be running the final leg with a lighter load. Someone please correct me if ever I'm wrong.

As for number 2, I'd rather have a different forum member answer that to be safe. :)
I'm back!!!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1965 on: June 04, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
Just wondering, would conjoined twins, if ever casted, count as 1 or 2 members of a team? ???

Also, biking seems to appear occasionally along the race. Therefore, is it a requirement for every racer to learn how to ride a bike before joining the race?
I'm back!!!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm not quite an angel or the one that fell! ;) ♥
« Reply #1966 on: June 04, 2017, 07:24:00 AM »
Just wondering, would conjoined twins, if ever casted, count as 1 or 2 members of a team? ???

They would be two team members but running a very serious risk of violating Roadblock rules of not being allowed to help.
1. Don't pick up the phone - You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone.
2. Don't let him in - You have to kick him out again.
3. Don't be his friend - You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning.
And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him. ♥

Offline Leafsfan

• Secret Agent Man
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1967 on: June 04, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »

They would be two team members but running a very serious risk of violating Roadblock rules of not being allowed to help.

I don't even know where to start with this one.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1968 on: June 04, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »

I don't even know where to start with this one.

They would have to carry two (or one?) bags, self-drive, issue passports, book flights (one seat or two?), do two-people or more tasks, and whatever. So, the possibility of this being cast is very, very low. But anything can happen.
Whatever.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1969 on: June 04, 2017, 10:00:08 AM »

As for number 2, I'd rather have a different forum member answer that to be safe. :)

I wasn't here then, but from a podcast I once heard it sounds like Season 21 was one of the last times they used "decoy teams". They had the last 2 eliminated teams (in that instance, Abbie & Ryan and Natalie & Nadiya) running around looking like they're racing in a location away from where the actual final 3 is, to divert attention.

Of course it there was no camera and sound crew with them, it's pretty obvious.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1970 on: June 10, 2017, 11:00:21 PM »
Who can apply for the show? Is it only those living in the 50 states or Washington DC?

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 'He's doing Aerial Acrobatics'
« Reply #1971 on: June 10, 2017, 11:05:36 PM »
Who can apply for the show? Is it only those living in the 50 states or Washington DC?

I assume all 50 states plus Washington D.C. According to TAR Casting Website, you just need to be a US citizen and you must have a valid US passport.

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Faq
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1972 on: June 10, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
I assume so, it is the capital lol.

Checked the contestants list on WP. One person has ever been cast from DC. Christina of 12/18

Along similar lines, Brooke has previously lived in the US Virgin Islands, read that on her website when she was first ID'ed. That's like the first instance of a territory.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:25:03 PM by Maanca »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1973 on: June 11, 2017, 03:50:33 PM »
I believe Brooke just lived in the Virgin Islands, but wasn't a citizen of the islands. That was my question mostly. I was wondering if, say, a person born and living in Puerto Rico could apply.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1974 on: June 11, 2017, 08:08:19 PM »
INA: ACT 302 - PERSONS BORN IN PUERTO RICO

Sec. 302. [8 U.S.C. 1402] All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after April 11, 1899, and prior to January 13, 1941, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, residing on January 13, 1941, in Puerto Rico or other territory over which the United States exercises rights of sovereignty and not citizens of the United States under any other Act, are hereby declared to be citizens of the United States as of January 13, 1941. All persons born in Puerto Rico on or after January 13, 1941, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, are citizens of the United States at birth.
https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-9711.html