Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158865 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1925 on: April 30, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
Someone should open up a public Google Docs and list out all the teams, then we can work together to fill in their elimination reasons.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1926 on: May 02, 2017, 01:15:24 AM »
And this weekend we got the answer to a question which I think has been asked here many times. Can you use the express pass on a fast forward? And the answer from Becca & Floyd is no. They asked and were told that they were not allowed to use the express pass on the fast forward task.

PS In their case it was an academic question. They didn't consider using the express pass to skip the helicopter, and why should they. It seemed to be a awesome task and they thought they were guaranteed a first place anyway.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1927 on: May 02, 2017, 11:04:12 AM »
Really weird how that seemed to have not been well thought out to insure a first place finish.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1928 on: May 02, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »
Just found out that CBS just released a lot of new merchandise with the new TAR logo on it. Idk what this could mean (or which thread to put it on), but thought it might be interesting to know.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1929 on: May 05, 2017, 11:34:59 PM »
What if, for a future season (Not All Stars or Returnees-themed season) just a regular season where maybe the Top 22 teams are voted into the Top 11 teams just like platform of Survivor Cambodia a few seasons ago. What do you guys think? People get to see their audition videos and allow them to vote which team should race.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1930 on: May 14, 2017, 03:44:10 AM »
When was the team shoots for the intro in Season 29 made actually? Can anyone explain?
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1931 on: May 14, 2017, 04:37:39 AM »
When was the team shoots for the intro in Season 29 made actually? Can anyone explain?

I'm not too sure but my gut tells me, based on the vibe of the scene around them, it was Panama.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1932 on: May 19, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »
We have an article for the "Switchback" on our wiki. However, it looks like the Race has dropped the Switchback name even though they're still doing Switchback-y tasks. I didn't add them to the list on the page, but I should go and do that now.

After the last "official" one in Season 25, I know there was one in Zimbabwe (27), and now two in Greece and Vietnam (29). Did I forget any?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1933 on: May 19, 2017, 11:54:15 PM »
We have an article for the "Switchback" on our wiki. However, it looks like the Race has dropped the Switchback name even though they're still doing Switchback-y tasks. I didn't add them to the list on the page, but I should go and do that now.

After the last "official" one in Season 25, I know there was one in Zimbabwe (27), and now two in Greece and Vietnam (29). Did I forget any?

Would the waterslide in the UAE in TAR 28 count? Racers were definitely mentioning Mika melting down and I think the show might have as well.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1934 on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:06 AM »

Would the waterslide in the UAE in TAR 28 count? Racers were definitely mentioning Mika melting down and I think the show might have as well.

Yes. You are right, thank you. I knew I was forgetting one.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1935 on: May 24, 2017, 04:25:40 AM »
Even without the Elimination Station, do eliminated teams from TAR 18 onwards still do things like that are seen in Elimination Station, like going outdoors, play tennis, or whatever?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #1936 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:40 AM »

I thought it was a just a recall ... not a properly switchback
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1937 on: May 24, 2017, 08:08:44 AM »
Even without the Elimination Station, do eliminated teams from TAR 18 onwards still do things like that are seen in Elimination Station, like going outdoors, play tennis, or whatever?

Oh yes..they have an AMAZING time.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1938 on: May 24, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
Thanks, Peach!

By the way, do we ever know other five teams (ten chosen) that is in Phil's 15 returning teams list for All Stars?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1939 on: May 24, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »
What list? ???

Link please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1940 on: May 24, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »
What list? ???

Link please?

TAR 11's Phil personal list.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1941 on: May 24, 2017, 10:59:29 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1943 on: May 24, 2017, 05:19:08 PM »
Oh thanks!! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1944 on: May 25, 2017, 04:16:52 AM »

I thought it was a just a recall ... not a properly switchback

Same place, but not the same task. Is that considered a Switchback? ???

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1945 on: May 26, 2017, 03:34:30 PM »
Mostly because they show footage from the previous season.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1946 on: May 29, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
Do 4th-6th place eliminated teams still are being used as decoys or what?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1947 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
Haven't had decoys in a while. They DEF should have used them this time!

Both Becca and Floyd and Matt and Red were sent directly to Chicago...no sequester (from B/F Podcast)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Emil007

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1948 on: June 02, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
Hi - just now after watching the final episode I wonder two things, and I hope some of you experts can answer them ;)

1.) Why was the winning team allowed to "Gate Check" their bags? Why is it so "secret"? What does is mean exactly, because why wouldn't all the teams do that on the final leg?

2.) How did they keep that Winning Team secret? I searched the spoiler threads after seeing it, and you only got them up to the check in to the stadium. Then they take a, I suppose pre-fixed taxi to a "secret" location and check in. Is the taxi so secret? I mean you had a drone up there! (I really researched before asking xD)
But especially this time. The location wasn't secret. I saw all the boats and spectators in the background, someone must have seen something? There were no decoy teams (this time? I read somewhere here, but - sidequestion - how do they use decoy teams?) so how do they keep that from the internet?

Thanks for your time and answers im advance =)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1949 on: June 02, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »
 :welcome: :hello2: :wel2 :hiya :bigwelcome :welcome2: to RFF, Emil007