The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (372/524) > >>

BourkieBoy:

--- Quote from: TheBayAreaGuy on October 10, 2016, 01:38:23 AM ---I believe Claire mentions in this interview that they declined as she was pregnant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFXUTbjRIU

--- End quote ---

That was a shame that they couldn't race again. It was a shame they finished 2nd, because they were such a nice couple and they deserved to win.

Platrium:
Will TAR still invite racers from earlier seasons to race in the future, or will they be "forgotten" forever?

TheBayAreaGuy:
Yeah no one pre-S14 is ever coming back as a racer...they might throw a token for a premiere visit (Frank, Rob & Brennan recently) or a Switchback but otherwise, TAR history starts with S14 for the producers (they absolutely love that season). Why else would they pretend that S24 was the first "All-Stars"? This is what angers me the most as a TAR fan...it's such a slap to the face to long-time fans that the early seasons don't matter.

--- Quote from: Platrium on October 12, 2016, 10:08:23 AM ---Will TAR still invite racers from earlier seasons to race in the future, or will they be "forgotten" forever?

--- End quote ---

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: TheBayAreaGuy on October 12, 2016, 12:42:19 PM ---Yeah no one pre-S14 is ever coming back as a racer...they might throw a token for a premiere visit (Frank, Rob & Brennan recently) or a Switchback but otherwise, TAR history starts with S14 for the producers (they absolutely love that season). Why else would they pretend that S24 was the first "All-Stars"? This is what angers me the most as a TAR fan...it's such a slap to the face to long-time fans that the early seasons don't matter.

--- Quote from: Platrium on October 12, 2016, 10:08:23 AM ---Will TAR still invite racers from earlier seasons to race in the future, or will they be "forgotten" forever?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I would not be so sure.... :tup:

TheBayAreaGuy:
Sincerely curious, why think otherwise?

The show hasn't celebrated its history. In the S26 premiere, the montage of previous TAR couples showed only one pre-S11 team (S10 Rob & Kim). When Bertram was asked why no pre-S11 team was appearing in S18 (eg. Ken & Gerard, or the Clowns), he replied "If we're digging too far back, people might not even remember who they were." However, other RTV shows are willing to have early season teams appear.

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on October 12, 2016, 12:56:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheBayAreaGuy on October 12, 2016, 12:42:19 PM ---Yeah no one pre-S14 is ever coming back as a racer...they might throw a token for a premiere visit (Frank, Rob & Brennan recently) or a Switchback but otherwise, TAR history starts with S14 for the producers (they absolutely love that season). Why else would they pretend that S24 was the first "All-Stars"? This is what angers me the most as a TAR fan...it's such a slap to the face to long-time fans that the early seasons don't matter.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I would not be so sure.... :tup:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version