The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (331/524) > >>

Marionete:
Wow that must have been pretty awkward.

scruffs:

--- Quote from: GB on January 02, 2016, 03:23:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Platrium on January 02, 2016, 07:16:57 AM ---Is it possible for any team to have a time penalty being counted down at the finish line?

We've had Dave & Rachel being told to go back from the finish line to the task that they missed, but I've never seen any team told to wait out a penalty on the finish line. I've seen Hussein & Natasha waiting out a 4-hour penalty on the final leg, but not on the finish line itself.

--- End quote ---

2nd Season of the Vietnam race.

Show contentLinh Chi & Nhan Phuc Vinh arrived in 1st but received time penalties for their taxi driver running red lights, so they stood (angrily) on the finish line and waited for time to run out. Diep Lam Anh and Thu Hien showed up soon after and won the race.
--- End quote ---

^Why should they get penalized for it? Unless, of course they paid the taxi driver to do it.

Marionete:
Aren't all teams required to obey traffic rules? :cmas31:
I always wondered that about self-driving legs. Can they go faster than allowed, thus probably surpassing other teams?

Platrium:

--- Quote from: Marionete on January 04, 2016, 05:00:44 AM ---Aren't all teams required to obey traffic rules? :cmas31:
I always wondered that about self-driving legs. Can they go faster than allowed, thus probably surpassing other teams?

--- End quote ---

From what I know, teams can incur a 30-minute penalty for speeding. But recently, teams who were overspeeding at TAR22's Leg 7 had to pay the fine before resuming with their race. :cmas5

georgiapeach:
Teams have been penalized for speeding, so it is a risk. Not sure how uniformly that is enforced though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version