Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158809 times)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1425 on: June 08, 2015, 01:42:21 AM »
Has leg 11/12 of TAR ever visited the very first country to be visited on the next season?

Technically yes. Leg 11 of TAR 21 was located in the Loire Valley, France. Leg 1 of TAR 22 was located in Bora Bora, a French overseas territory.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1426 on: June 08, 2015, 04:33:58 AM »
Has leg 11/12 of TAR ever visited the very first country to be visited on the next season?

Technically yes. Leg 11 of TAR 21 was located in the Loire Valley, France. Leg 1 of TAR 22 was located in Bora Bora, a French overseas territory.

Sort of the same with TAR 25. the UK was Leg 11 of TAR 24 and the first separate country visited in TAR25 was the UK
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1427 on: June 15, 2015, 04:47:34 AM »
A really simple question, and I just need this for my fan fiction:
For TBC legs from TAR6 to TAR14, are the midpoint placements counted in the team's placement average?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1428 on: June 15, 2015, 04:56:13 AM »
For TBC legs from TAR6 to TAR14, are the midpoint placements counted in the team's placement average?

No.  :)
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1429 on: June 17, 2015, 06:59:35 AM »

No.  :)

Thank you! :tup:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1430 on: June 18, 2015, 06:39:21 PM »
Just notice when did production prohibited hiring cabs on self drive legs?
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1431 on: June 19, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
Some time before Season 17. It was the first time someone was penalized for it.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1432 on: June 20, 2015, 11:35:02 PM »
Are teams allowed to back-out a day before the race? If so, will this affect the filming dates, or will the replacement team be pressured to prepare?
TAR8 had cast eleven families. I believe the missing quartet dropped out at the last minute, consequently beginning the race with ten teams running on schedule.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1433 on: June 20, 2015, 11:45:37 PM »
Are teams allowed to back-out a day before the race? If so, will this affect the filming dates, or will the replacement team be pressured to prepare?
TAR8 had cast eleven families. I believe the missing quartet dropped out at the last minute, consequently beginning the race with ten teams running on schedule.

Oh... so that's what might have happened. :ascared Anyway, thanks! :)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1434 on: June 21, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »

From what I know, that eleventh team (Flanders Family, IIRC) was cut instead of quitting because of cost issues.

They always have alternates on deck in case a team couldn't make it at the last minute. Max & Katie said they were alternates for 3 seasons before deciding to go for the villain-angle to get cast. Another example would be Mallory replacing Bopper at the starting line in S24.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1435 on: June 21, 2015, 02:13:57 PM »
The whole thing with the Flanders Family has been "Citation Needed" on Wikipedia since it first appeared there.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1436 on: June 21, 2015, 02:15:15 PM »

From what I know, that eleventh team (Flanders Family, IIRC) was cut instead of quitting because of cost issues.

They always have alternates on deck in case a team couldn't make it at the last minute. Max & Katie said they were alternates for 3 seasons before deciding to go for the villain-angle to get cast. Another example would be Mallory replacing Bopper at the starting line in S24.
Ah, that must have been heartbreaking. :( Two of the Flanders should have been invited back for TAR9 regarding the problem that production had caused them.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1437 on: June 22, 2015, 04:19:08 AM »

Ah, that must have been heartbreaking. :( Two of the Flanders should have been invited back for TAR9 regarding the problem that production had caused them.

Oh. :ascared And Oh! :o

I don't know what is worse for Max & Katie's case: :( To be able to travel across the globe while being hated for being quasi-villainous OR not being casted to race but saving themselves from being hated.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1438 on: June 22, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
Depends on who you ask. If the TBC leg was a double leg, then yes, the midpoint is counted as far as my listing is concerned. If the TBC in actually a no rest pit stop, then its already two legs, there's no actual midpoint involved.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1439 on: June 22, 2015, 09:31:15 PM »
It's a long wait but I think it's worth the wait for Maxie since TAR22's route is way better than the 19-20-21.  :hoot:

I don't think they were kind of paint that much as evil too. Especially toward the end.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1440 on: June 22, 2015, 11:02:26 PM »
Depends on who you ask. If the TBC leg was a double leg, then yes, the midpoint is counted as far as my listing is concerned. If the TBC in actually a no rest pit stop, then its already two legs, there's no actual midpoint involved.

Alright then, thanks! :)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1441 on: June 23, 2015, 09:15:20 AM »
Maxie weren't villainous people, I only remember them as being cut-throat gamewise.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1442 on: June 23, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »
Maxie weren't villainous people, I only remember them as being cut-throat gamewise.
They gave their thoughts on how Joey & Meghan's careers were unprofessional/childish and Max flipped off Joey & Meghan & Mona & Beth when they missed the train to Interlaken.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1443 on: June 23, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
I remember them mentioning at the airport during the 1st leg that they will be making friends fakely. They gained a lot of haters from this, but they didn't seem too villainous for most of the race. They just mentioned it for 1 leg.

The hate was a probable cause to why they declined all-stars, and I'm not even sure if they were invited back, but I know they were.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1444 on: June 24, 2015, 02:12:52 AM »
Are The Amazing Race one of most spoiled television shows in the US?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1445 on: June 24, 2015, 05:13:16 PM »
Has there ever been a leg 2 NEL on any version?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1446 on: June 24, 2015, 05:22:40 PM »

No.

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1447 on: June 24, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »
Yes; Velyki Perehony, the Ukrainian edition, had a leg 2 NEL.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1448 on: June 24, 2015, 07:36:49 PM »
Are The Amazing Race one of most spoiled television shows in the US?
I think that honor goes to Survivor in the US. While the votes are revealed live at the finale, they are cast months to a year before during filming, and castaways are know to share notes during that period.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1449 on: June 30, 2015, 12:51:22 AM »
Has there ever been a season (US or international) wherein the final leg is only ran by racers of the same gender? (All-male or All-female finale)