The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (277/524) > >>

georgiapeach:
Previously teams could book multiple flights, they were all fully refundable. These days, almost certainly due to $$$, teams must do their research first, chose a flight, and book that. If they can then talk the airline into booking them sooner, that is great. They just cannot make/hold multiple reservations.

Marionete:
So does that also mean that a team couldn't be stand-by on 2 flights? Say, a team is on flight 1 (earliest), others are on flight 2 (later), both of which are fully booked.

georgiapeach:
You would have to be standing by for a flight ion the same airline you had booked. Up to the airline whether they would help  I guess. Theoretically I am not sure M/R were "standing by". I had the impression they just asked if they could get on the earlier flight last minurte. There are always no-shows, I think they were just lucky.

Marionete:
I do remember Rochelle saying "could you put us on stand-by?" or something like that. But it doesn't matter, thanks for answering my question :)

G.B.:
Jim: This season [25] there's a new rule that once you book a ticket, you cannot change it. Even if you find a better flight, you're stuck with your first purchase.

First "purchase" makes me think that teams are allowed to exchange tickets, but that's it. Mike & Rochelle probably exchanged their tickets for last minute seats on the first Nice flight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version