The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (266/524) > >>

NMC:

--- Quote from: TARloveit on November 14, 2014, 09:23:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: GB on November 14, 2014, 09:17:55 AM ---The leg with the most tasks is probably the first Las Vegas leg in TAR Israel 3

--- End quote ---

Didn't that leg have around 10 tasks? I'm pretty sure that's the most we can get.

--- End quote ---

That's a crazy amount of tasks! :o
Leads me to asking, which Leg for the US Version has had the most tasks?

Platrium:

--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 14, 2014, 08:17:01 AM ---Two questions:

1) What if a team which is temporaily the last team gives up an Intersection? It'll result in a penalty for the penultimate team as well for not completing the task.

Another similar case could be that the penultimate team has to wait for the last team that encounters trouble in flight and that is almost "never" able to arrive at the Intersection locale. (Imagine the penultimate team waits for over 6 hours for the last team, which is a large amount of time that's hard to make up in the next leg.)

2) Can an EP bypass the Intersection? This may result in the case that the last team has no other team to cooperate with.

--- End quote ---

About the EP, I asked that more than a year ago. I never got an exact answer and I still wonder to this day how it'll work, since I'm making a fan fiction of TAR. :( I can't apply it until I get an exact answer. :pity

About your 1st question, it reminds me of something.
What if a team withdrew at the start of the leg which will have an intersection later on. For example, David & Connor withdrew in 8th place. Let's say: Since TAR assumed that 8 teams would race, they set up an intersection on that leg, but after a team's withdrawal, what will happen then? :ascared

BritishTARFan:

--- Quote from: Platrium on November 14, 2014, 09:59:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 14, 2014, 08:17:01 AM ---Two questions:

1) What if a team which is temporaily the last team gives up an Intersection? It'll result in a penalty for the penultimate team as well for not completing the task.

Another similar case could be that the penultimate team has to wait for the last team that encounters trouble in flight and that is almost "never" able to arrive at the Intersection locale. (Imagine the penultimate team waits for over 6 hours for the last team, which is a large amount of time that's hard to make up in the next leg.)

2) Can an EP bypass the Intersection? This may result in the case that the last team has no other team to cooperate with.

--- End quote ---

About the EP, I asked that more than a year ago. I never got an exact answer and I still wonder to this day how it'll work, since I'm making a fan fiction of TAR. :( I can't apply it until I get an exact answer. :pity

What if a team withdrew at the start of the leg which will have an intersection later on. For example, David & Connor withdrew in 8th place. Let's say: Since TAR assumed that 8 teams would race, they set up an intersection on that leg, but after a team's withdrawal, what will happen then? :ascared

--- End quote ---

They would know they were quitting before hand so they would just take away the intersection and maybe place it when there would be 6 teams maybe

stekay:
Didn't Paula & Natasha wait a good few hours at an intersection for Terri & Henry?

In the Aus version Anastacia gave up the intersection and they got a 4 hour penalty whereas Sam/Renae got a 2 hour one if I remember correctly :lol:

NMC:

--- Quote from: BrittishTARFan on November 14, 2014, 12:01:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Platrium on November 14, 2014, 09:59:32 AM ---

--- End quote ---

They would know they were quitting before hand so they would just take away the intersection and maybe place it when there would be 6 teams maybe

--- End quote ---

Even if they did know of a teams withdrawal prior to the start of the Leg, it would still cause chaos among production, because the clues previous to the Intersection would be directing teams to the Intersection location, and these would all need to be reprinted, so instead, teams are directed to wherever they would be going after the Intersection.  This could be deemed extremely difficult as everyone is on the road, and don't have a specific "base" as such to go too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version