The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (264/524) > >>

Platrium:

--- Quote from: Karpov617 on November 12, 2014, 05:28:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Platrium on November 12, 2014, 01:43:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 12, 2014, 12:31:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: GB on November 11, 2014, 12:47:38 PM ---Everything on the race has a road-themed name (Detour, Roadblock, etc) except for the Fast Forward.

--- End quote ---

Except for Salvage Pass, Express Pass, Switchback, the Save and the Handicap (in the Norwegian edition) as well.

--- End quote ---

Isn't the E-Pass (for toll gates) close to the express pass? ???

What good twist would be great for the term stoplight?

--- End quote ---

How about for the terms 'junction' or 'terminus'? :)

Switchback is also a road term, also know as a 'hairpin turn': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairpin_turn.

Actually, if I could rename some things, I would change 'Fast Forward' to 'Freeway'. A freeway is a type of highway that's designed for high-speed traffic, which is very similar to the Fast Forward in terms of speeding a team up. Though it doesn't have the same ring into it, at least it's in theme. :)

I would imagine that a Spotlight would be similar to the other versions' Double Battle (one team would proceed - green, while the other stops - red).

--- End quote ---

Maybe the junction has 2 sets of clues, leading to 2 different tasks, and then 2 different pit stops, which will need help from an additional co-host.

The thing about this idea is it's a big hassle. I wouldn't want to do this either since it will be confusing.

georgiapeach:

--- Quote from: GB on November 11, 2014, 12:47:38 PM ---Everything on the race has a road-themed name (Detour, Roadblock, etc) except for the Fast Forward. What would you rename the FF to make it fit in better?

--- End quote ---

Fast LANE.

BritishTARFan:

Fast Forward - Green Light?

stekay:
I think Fast Forward is the best sounding name it could be given tbh

Pi:

--- Quote from: SteKay on November 12, 2014, 05:46:14 PM ---I think Fast Forward is the best sounding name it could be given tbh

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version