The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (262/524) > >>

SuperTux:

--- Quote from: Karpov617 on November 03, 2014, 05:21:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 03, 2014, 12:09:54 AM ---I have another question as well. Here it is:

A U-turn board is set after the Detour. If Team A, falling behind, gets lost on the way to the Detour locale and just "happens" to find the U-turn board and passes it (and later this team goes back and eventually finds the Detour locale), can any other team finishing the Detour earlier than Team A uses U-turn on it?

ETA: Can Team A u-turn other teams when they see the board (and the U-turned team could be temporary #1).

--- End quote ---

A team can U-Turn any other team as long as they still have the power to do so (i.e. not have used it yet). It's all a matter of the U-Turn being effective (i.e. U-Turned team being behind and not used the Express Pass).

Even if they find the U-Turn before the Detour, Team A would still have to find & complete the Detour before being instructed to find the U-Turn board. If Team A used the U-Turn before completing the Detour, they would probably get penalized.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, but then I'm questioning the legitimacy for a U-Turned team to exercise the right of U-Turn before they perform the other Detour. Shouldn't the U-Turned team be regarded as not having finished the Detour by that time? If so, such a team can legitimately U-Turn another team ONLY after the team itself completes both Detours. ???

albegrato:

--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 03, 2014, 06:29:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Karpov617 on November 03, 2014, 05:21:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 03, 2014, 12:09:54 AM ---I have another question as well. Here it is:

A U-turn board is set after the Detour. If Team A, falling behind, gets lost on the way to the Detour locale and just "happens" to find the U-turn board and passes it (and later this team goes back and eventually finds the Detour locale), can any other team finishing the Detour earlier than Team A uses U-turn on it?

ETA: Can Team A u-turn other teams when they see the board (and the U-turned team could be temporary #1).

--- End quote ---

A team can U-Turn any other team as long as they still have the power to do so (i.e. not have used it yet). It's all a matter of the U-Turn being effective (i.e. U-Turned team being behind and not used the Express Pass).

Even if they find the U-Turn before the Detour, Team A would still have to find & complete the Detour before being instructed to find the U-Turn board. If Team A used the U-Turn before completing the Detour, they would probably get penalized.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply, but then I'm questioning the legitimacy for a U-Turned team to exercise the right of U-Turn before they perform the other Detour. Shouldn't the U-Turned team be regarded as not having finished the Detour by that time? If so, such a team can legitimately U-Turn another team ONLY after the team itself completes both Detours. ???

--- End quote ---

It's probably because the U-Turn instructs a team to complete the other Detour, with the implication that the team already finished a Detour. That's why the Express Pass lets the team that used it on the Detour skip the U-Turn since, technically, they didn't finish any Detour.

It's also shown on other versions that they could skip the U-Turn board if they want once they complete both sides of the Detour. And the reason why teams on the US version visit the U-Turn board again after completing both Detours is because their next clue is right beside the U-Turn board.

SuperTux:
Yeah, could be  :)

SuperTux:
Would you barter an Express Pass for a Save? (or vice versa)

Platrium:

--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 09, 2014, 09:00:28 AM ---Would you barter an Express Pass for a Save? (or vice versa)

--- End quote ---

If it's me, I'll be loyal to the pass that I'll be getting. :lol: I don't wanna regret something because I exchanged it away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version