The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (220/524) > >>

Don Task:
OK, nvm, thanks.  :waves:

Best Loser:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on March 18, 2014, 08:10:50 AM ---I have seem ones with driving instructions as in how fast etc but think I have seen more.\as well...

--- End quote ---

That all answers my question, thanks! So instructions on 'how' to drive (but of course not instructions on how to use a clutch!).

I haven't watched All-Stars for a while, but I'm guessing these instructions are where the stuff about speeding in the Atacama was written?

Lavender Princess:
Hi,

What I don’t get is, why didn’t they say anything about the missing Malaysian aircraft at the end of the show in Malaysia (ep. 4?) They have done similar things in the past.

I really like the show, but this omission bothers me.  :oh

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this.

Alenaveda:
 :hiya and  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.,  Lavender Princess.

theschnauzers:

--- Quote from: Lavender Princess on March 19, 2014, 09:30:53 AM ---Hi,

What I don’t get is, why didn’t they say anything about the missing Malaysian aircraft at the end of the show in Malaysia (ep. 4?) They have done similar things in the past.

I really like the show, but this omission bothers me.  :oh

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this.

--- End quote ---

The two times the show has mentioned a disaster on air that happened in a location between filming and broadcast were in 2004-05 when the show filmed in Sri Lanka before the Great Indian Ocean Tsunami and broadcast two episodes after that event, and in New Orleans for the Family Edition before Hurricane Katrina flooded that city and much of the nearby coastline.

They haven't directly mentioned it in a broadcast episode since. The Superstorm Sandy event that hit New York City and New Hersey was mentioned in a PSA, but not in the episode as broadcast in the US. The current situation with the Malaysia flight wasn't a natural disaster, and the origin and cause of that event is still undetermined. So I can understand why both CBS and WRP have not chosen to mention it in connection with this season's Malaysia legs. (And given that they are reportedly replacement legs for the Philippines, which suffered a massive natural disaster from the super Typhoon before filming of this season started, it is almost ironic.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version