Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 1158810 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1075 on: March 10, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
From my experience about a decade ago, now, I would say that if there was any such possibility the "network" would be sending out an alarm.
CBS makes money off of TAR not just from advertisers in the most highly preferred demo but from international syndication, and they finally figured out they can used TVGN which CBS half-owns as well as I Tunes and Google as revenue streams. And the overnights are now so deceptive as to the actual audience that watches within the 30 days now being tracked by CBS Research internally, that worrying about the ratings has become ridiculous. (When we're still in the Top 25 in the weekly broadcast ratings, no matter what those overnights look like, it has become next to meaningless.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1076 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:24 PM »
Which team was the last team to complete TAR24's starting line task?

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1077 on: March 11, 2014, 03:48:23 AM »

The only ones shown were the first five teams who finished it. But I have a feeling that after the first flight tickets ran out, they just gave the rest without checking the Chinese characters.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1078 on: March 11, 2014, 06:18:10 AM »

The only ones shown were the first five teams who finished it. But I have a feeling that after the first flight tickets ran out, they just gave the rest without checking the Chinese characters.

But on TAR's facebook page, I saw a photo of Mark & Mallory bringing the correct answer with them. So the moment I saw that pic, I was confused whether everyone finished the SLT or not.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1079 on: March 11, 2014, 07:27:40 AM »
Is the task location of Ep3 of TAR24 near to where the first season of Survivor was filmed?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Snim Xis

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1080 on: March 11, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
Yes, it was. Kota Kinabalu is the nearest big city to the island of Pulau Tiga (about 50 km away). On Survivor: Borneo it may have even been mentioned by name.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1081 on: March 12, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »
I'm sure this has already been asked in this thread, and I'm sorry for asking again, but what's the paper teams have taped on their steering wheels? The extra instructions that come in the envelopes?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1082 on: March 12, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
I'm sure this has already been asked in this thread, and I'm sorry for asking again, but what's the paper teams have taped on their steering wheels? The extra instructions that come in the envelopes?
I believe the papers are vehicle agreement notices. Rules of the car like no radio, no use of GPS, those sort of shenanigans.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1083 on: March 15, 2014, 04:44:57 PM »
Do you like the double your money twist in TAR 21?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1084 on: March 15, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »
I believe the papers are vehicle agreement notices. Rules of the car like no radio, no use of GPS, those sort of shenanigans.

They are "extra" instructions re how to go, speeding, etc. We have shots of some of these...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1085 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
Do you like the double your money twist in TAR 21?

You should start a new poll. ;)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1086 on: March 16, 2014, 08:08:24 AM »
Was there ever a NEL/TBC/KOR with 10 teams (US)? ??? If there is, which season?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1087 on: March 16, 2014, 08:25:34 AM »

Another way of wording this would be has there ever been a NEL / TBC / KOR on Leg 2.  The answer's no, but all of these have happened with still 11 teams.

Season 15 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL
Season 18 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - KOR / TBC
Season 19 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL

TAR Aus Season 1 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL
TAR Aus Season 2 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL (Although this was due to the use of the Salvage Pass)

Hope this helps  :)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1088 on: March 16, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
Wow, with 24 seasons it's quite weird!
And this season was just begging for a NEL/KOR on leg 2 :'(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1089 on: March 16, 2014, 08:23:11 PM »

Another way of wording this would be has there ever been a NEL / TBC / KOR on Leg 2.  The answer's no, but all of these have happened with still 11 teams.

Season 15 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL
Season 18 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - KOR / TBC
Season 19 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL

TAR Aus Season 1 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL
TAR Aus Season 2 Leg 1 - 11 Teams - NEL (Although this was due to the use of the Salvage Pass)

Hope this helps  :)

:tup: Thanks!

Wow, with 24 seasons it's quite weird!
And this season was just begging for a NEL/KOR on leg 2 :'(

Weird indeed. :stare

Maybe TAR didn't do this so that the 1st team eliminated gets a new companion at sequesterville after the 2nd leg. :lol:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1090 on: March 16, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »

Maybe TAR didn't do this so that the 1st team eliminated gets a new companion at sequesterville after the 2nd leg. :lol:
That's why there's never been a Leg 2 NEL.
However, they COULD have had one in TAR15 if Poker was eliminated in Tokyo.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Don Task

« Reply #1091 on: March 17, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
They are "extra" instructions re how to go, speeding, etc. We have shots of some of these...

Please, will you share some of them with me, Peach? I always try to capture these additional info... thanks! :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1092 on: March 17, 2014, 10:42:46 PM »
Gosh I would if I could, but not sure I have any stored, but we have put them in the threads before.. Possibly MAF does??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1093 on: March 18, 2014, 02:06:46 AM »
Gosh I would if I could, but not sure I have any stored, but we have put them in the threads before.. Possibly MAF does??

I do not. We haven't gotten any clear shots of them since I started doing my racing reports.

But I remember hearing one team describe them as instructions on how to switch between two and four wheel drive on a recent African leg. So it is probably always instruction on how to operate the vehicle.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1094 on: March 18, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »
I have seem ones with driving instructions as in how fast etc but think I have seen more.\as well...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Don Task

« Reply #1095 on: March 18, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
OK, nvm, thanks.  :waves:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1096 on: March 19, 2014, 03:11:23 AM »
I have seem ones with driving instructions as in how fast etc but think I have seen more.\as well...

That all answers my question, thanks! So instructions on 'how' to drive (but of course not instructions on how to use a clutch!).

I haven't watched All-Stars for a while, but I'm guessing these instructions are where the stuff about speeding in the Atacama was written?

Offline Lavender Princess

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1097 on: March 19, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
Hi,

What I don’t get is, why didn’t they say anything about the missing Malaysian aircraft at the end of the show in Malaysia (ep. 4?) They have done similar things in the past.

I really like the show, but this omission bothers me.  :oh

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1098 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »
 :hiya and  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F.,  Lavender Princess.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1099 on: March 19, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
Hi,

What I don’t get is, why didn’t they say anything about the missing Malaysian aircraft at the end of the show in Malaysia (ep. 4?) They have done similar things in the past.

I really like the show, but this omission bothers me.  :oh

Thanks for any thoughts you have on this.

The two times the show has mentioned a disaster on air that happened in a location between filming and broadcast were in 2004-05 when the show filmed in Sri Lanka before the Great Indian Ocean Tsunami and broadcast two episodes after that event, and in New Orleans for the Family Edition before Hurricane Katrina flooded that city and much of the nearby coastline.

They haven't directly mentioned it in a broadcast episode since. The Superstorm Sandy event that hit New York City and New Hersey was mentioned in a PSA, but not in the episode as broadcast in the US. The current situation with the Malaysia flight wasn't a natural disaster, and the origin and cause of that event is still undetermined. So I can understand why both CBS and WRP have not chosen to mention it in connection with this season's Malaysia legs. (And given that they are reportedly replacement legs for the Philippines, which suffered a massive natural disaster from the super Typhoon before filming of this season started, it is almost ironic.)
-- theschnauzers