Author Topic: Things that I never understand on Survivor  (Read 9288 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Things that I never understand on Survivor
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »
After so many seasons, I still don't understand a few things which happened on Survivor. I know a lot has to do with edit... but can anyone ever explain to me:

1. Why is Sierra (Survivor Tocantins) hated by everyone else on her tribe, when she did literally nothing to annoy them? Sure she was whiney at times, but I don't get the hate on her by her tribe mates.

And apparently I'm not alone: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090424055015AAQppC9

2. Why is James (Survivor China, FvF1 and HvV) so popular? He was the dumbest Survivor at one point to go home with 2 Idols in his pocket... but still, he won the Fan Favourites for TWO SEASONS in a row on China and Fans VS Favourites and I don't get it? He was not strategic, at one point whiney... and both times, he was just mediocre. I don't even get all the love on him??

3. Why was Yul, one of the greatest strategist of all-time, never asked back on ANY season of Survivor again? And mediocre people like Candice, Francesca, Russell Swan and Michael Skupin had a second chance? :res:

Post some of the questions you never understood here... maybe someone has the answer? For now, these are the three biggest questions in my head whenever I watch replays of Survivor.

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Things that I never understand on Survivor
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
1. I will never understand that either. Sierra was one of my favorites that season.

2. Its hard to explain why. I liked him alot, though I am not sure why. I think it has to do with his charm.

3. Russle Swan and Skupin had great reasons to come back. They were in great positions on a tribe that won the most immunity challanges, worked the hardest on the tribe around camp, looked like they could go far in the merge, then BAM! They suffered the worst injuries on the show. So I liked that they were brought back, they deserved a second chance.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
You will never get clear anwsers for those ones  :lol3:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 05:41:46 PM »
1. Why is Sierra (Survivor Tocantins) hated by everyone else on her tribe, when she did literally nothing to annoy them? Sure she was whiney at times, but I don't get the hate on her by her tribe mates.

She was sick early on(fever and stuff) and was already an outcast Day 1. This upset Coach(you know best people need to be on top) and so he was irritated, and Coach spread this to his Timbira people.

2. Why is James (Survivor China, FvF1 and HvV) so popular? He was the dumbest Survivor at one point to go home with 2 Idols in his pocket... but still, he won the Fan Favourites for TWO SEASONS in a row on China and Fans VS Favourites and I don't get it? He was not strategic, at one point whiney... and both times, he was just mediocre. I don't even get all the love on him??

He was really funny to a lot of people. http://funny115.com/v2/32.htm He had great one liners, and he was the "hero" in the edit since he was against Villainess Jaime Dougan.

3. Why was Yul, one of the greatest strategist of all-time, never asked back on ANY season of Survivor again? And mediocre people like Candice, Francesca, Russell Swan and Michael Skupin had a second chance?

no ones like yul

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 02:05:10 AM »
That might be the case? Maybe because Yul rubbed the producers in the wrong way?

A lot of times, Survivors asked back are always Jeff's favourites in one way or another...

addie

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 02:33:35 AM »
Sierra <3 One of my all time favorites.

Offline IvarG

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 05:49:09 AM »
I still can't believe they haven't asked Yul back. On the topic of Cook Islands, it worked out pretty well, but I was shocked when they asked Parvati back for Micronesia. I didn't think she was that intersting on Cook Islands.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
That might be the case? Maybe because Yul rubbed the producers in the wrong way?

A lot of times, Survivors asked back are always Jeff's favourites in one way or another...
The exactly reason why Judd has never been back. Jeff hated him for going nuts at tribal and standing up during tribal all the time.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 05:29:39 PM »

Why do you think Brandon and Phillip returned :res:

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Jeff likes Brandon and production probably forced him to accept Phillip coming back.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34:45 PM »
Totally agree with the issues. I really liked Sierra on her season, I've never liked James, and Yul is one of my favourite contestants ever. Maybe James is so popular 'cos he's real? Well I don't know.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
James was real, and he was also hilarious and charming too. Yul was smart in basically threatening Johnathan with the idol, forcing him to flop. I was never a fan of Sierra, but I did think it was unfair for her to be made fun of for being sick and all that.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:06 AM »
And why was Crystal never asked back? As well as Kenny. The both of them did some damage and memorable stuff that season! :O

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
I think Crystal did not come back because of her doping incident at the Olympics.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »
I still can't believe they haven't asked Yul back. On the topic of Cook Islands, it worked out pretty well, but I was shocked when they asked Parvati back for Micronesia. I didn't think she was that intersting on Cook Islands.
Both Parvati and Amanda weren't actually originally considered to be on FvF. Candice and Courtney were both asked instead of them, and they both declined. Thus, Parvati and Amanda were cast as an alternative to them.

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »
I want them to bring back Tarzan. That guy was a character!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:18:50 AM »
I posted this in one of the contestant threads from this season, so sorry for repeating myself, but I can't believe these people season after season who are on a tribe of nine or ten people, form an alliance of four, and assume they have all the power in the world... only to have one of them voted off at the first Tribal Council. :gaah:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 02:12:20 AM »
They obviously haven't played Survivor Japan before to know that majority is always important. :lol3:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »
I think a major reason Crystal never came back is because she flat out SUCKED at challenges.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 02:03:18 AM »
Okay, I didn't understand why did Brenda not get like confessions for like 8 episodes in a row.. then I realized that it was because of her changed game play this season to be humble. Sucks that the rest saw her as a threat, but seriously, Brenda <3.