Author Topic: RFF TAR 18 Pick-em Game  (Read 127502 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: RFF TAR 18 Pick-em Game
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
OMG. I'm leading as of now? :hearts:

Who knows...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
Like I said under that assumption G/M were the first to exit the airport. Can we please define whether or not the escalator is part of the train station or airport? This is important b/c the last team to leave the airport could change from J/C to R/C (as seen by Jaime out the train window).
:lol:
It's a question in a prediction game. It's not life or death.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And its not like you're going to win anyway. Peach always wins these games.
No, Hooky beat her once when she decided to give someone else a chance. :P :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »
If the escalator is part of the train station then Mel and Mike are the last team to be shown in the airport when they are deciding whether to go on the elevator or escalator.
If the escalator is part of the airport then the answer is Ron and Christina.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
On question no. 10 the form of the UTurn will be the same as all UTurns in the past; that is do both halves of the upcoming Detour task.  It is just how you get the UTurn that is different.  So I would have to say that NO would be the correct answer as the UTurn double task is the same as it was in the past.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
Well what is the answer? I think the escalator is part of the train station.

mswood is the host here, what he decides is what is. Luckily he gives us a day or so to chatter on first. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »
Like I said under that assumption G/M were the first to exit the airport. Can we please define whether or not the escalator is part of the train station or airport? This is important b/c the last team to leave the airport could change from J/C to R/C (as seen by Jaime out the train window).
:lol:
It's a question in a prediction game. It's not life or death.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And its not like you're going to win anyway. Peach always wins these games.
No, Hooky beat her once when she decided to give someone else a chance. :P :lol:

That must have been the season I had to drop out because I knew more than I could share. :neener:

Luckily mswood makes the Q's so nonspoilery that I can play too now...at least for awhile!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »
On question no. 10 the form of the UTurn will be the same as all UTurns in the past; that is do both halves of the upcoming Detour task.  It is just how you get the UTurn that is different.  So I would have to say that NO would be the correct answer as the UTurn double task is the same as it was in the past.

Respectfully disagree on that...this IS a new form of U=Turn...it is one you earn yourself based on your performance...not one slapped onto you. How you get it isdefinitely part of the form.

Oddly enough, this may be the only way I wil ever not hate and despise the U-Turn!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »

Respectfully disagree on that...this IS a new form of U=Turn...it is one you earn yourself based on your performance...not one slapped onto you. How you get it isdefinitely part of the form.

Oddly enough, this may be the only way I wil ever not hate and despise the U-Turn!
IMO, I'd only consider it a new type of U-Turn if there's a special label on the sign (like Blind or x2), though this might be the case. Might as well call it the "U-Bump" for now :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2011, 10:20:26 PM »
Unless the upcoming U-Turn signboard has the word "automatic" in it, I think it is not a new form of a U-Turn.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:48 PM »
Remember that Phil referred to it as "An automatic U-Turn"

I think that more than anything indicates that it is a new form of the U-Turn.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 12:49:49 AM »
yeah, I was so happy to see you played this rime.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »
yeah, I was so happy to see you played this rime.

I'll try to keep up as long as I can.  Should have spent more time reading all the spoilers which had this ep pretty well scooped out.  But it is good to take part in your wonderfully wicked game  :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »
I tend to agree with the Peach/Coutzy view of the U-turn, but Cocoa definitely has a point.

I also happen to love the Uturn and think it is the best Race power yet!  :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 04:24:09 PM »
GO G-MAN!!! :yess:

SO glad you are playing!  :<3
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
The Prophet

On the opening there are 13 elements that are from last season.  Now some of those are flipped left to right, some are played in reverse, but I was able to match specific non structural elements (like specific cars or people) and another one is literal from the same shot but was not shown, and that one is Big Ben.  Its the same shot, but its like the footage used is the part that was cut from season 17, and again you can tell by the traffic in the shot.  And HD really helps point out those elements.  

And I specifically omitted racers footage from the question.

So its same in my book.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:14:46 PM by mswood »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2011, 09:11:27 PM »
Peach

Mallory to Kisha and Ken (concerning the status of the other flight) "Didn't you here on the flight..."  Thats enough right there.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »
G-Man

Previously any U-Turn (even the Blind or Double) was placed on you by another racer.  This one was due to your own actions.  Thus its new.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:33 PM »
NOw on to the train.  AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

Well I am going to use it counting when they are on the platform or the train.  I originally considered the escalator or elevator, but it thinking about it, I can't say which is airport which is Train.  SO Platform and Train it is.

First team to be shown on or entering the train is Kisha and Jen, as they go to the upper level of it.

Last team shown entering or on the platform (or Train)  is Jet & Cord. 

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »
WEEK ONE RESULTS   :wohoo:

First a great big thanks to each and every single one of you for jumping in and playing  :keeta:  and remember good or bad score, there is always next week.   

Peach is High Queen here and needs to be dethrowned and it can and has happened.  Since I started playing 5 different people have won, so lets work to make it 6 this year.

And it sure is great to see some new names on top here.  Great job.

1.   calibound234

2.   Zvarri

3.   ovalorange  (starting out strong this year)

4.   kikisak

5.   uycocoa

6.   Coutzy   :wtf:  seriously I expected 200pts right out the gate....   :nopoints

7.   MamaT

8.   MugCostanza

9.   the-pr0phet

10.   kandacekml

11.   peach

12.   walkingpneumonia - I have the flu during TAR this week I am blaming You!!!!
85 - 85   :barf   = 0

13.   mswood

14.   Caelestor

15.   maf

16.   north09

17.   pramararama

18.   joab

19.   GMan   :hearts: And keep sharing your wonderful photos.

20.   Zacz

21.   Sandra1991

22.   Ruth

23.   gator27

24.   Snooky

25.   jerseydude

26.   loverocked

27.   DavidMV

28.   JackieKC

29.   cdfe88

30.   serendipity

31.   chill_sd nice to see chill back

32.   domel

And now that's done, next weeks question will be up tomorrow.  (see I am already behind schedule, that didn't take long)  And the questions should be just a little more normal then this week's thanks to an extrordinary stalker on this borad.   :thankyou: you did a GREAT job!!!

ANd here is too next week    :roo

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
One other thing.  I fully encourage you to voice your opinion on my answers.  I might disagree, but you can change my mind.  I also am out and out wrong on occasion.  So I appreciate everyone keeping me honest.

But after I officially score it I almost never will change an answer with the exception of when I actually score the game in error (Which has also happened).

And to continue a thing.  1 free point for any error I make in scoring the game on the system, or when you manage to get me to change my mind.

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
 1 free point for any error I make in scoring the game on the system, or when you manage to get me to change my mind.

Otherwise known as "nagging points"

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 10:32:03 PM »
Yes I have to have my nagging points.

I almost, almost did something new this year and was going to award a bonus ten points to the person who got the highest score for each of the legs...  I came this close......

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »
6.   Coutzy     seriously I expected 200pts right out the gate....   

Shoulda kept all the spoilers to myself, then it would have happened.