Author Topic: RFF TAR 18 Pick-em Game  (Read 127527 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: RFF TAR 18 Pick-em Game
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »
Made my picks. :)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »
 :welcome2: :bigwelcome

Happy New Season of TAR day.

Just a reminder, answers need to be in by 7:55pm eastern standard time.  I encourage everyone playing to double check to make sure your answers have gone in.

You can do this two ways.

Follow the link on the first page to the game page.  Once there you will see three headers
1.  List of Games
2.  Leader board
3.  Register or log out.  If it shows register you will need to log back in.  If it says log out you are already logged in.

At this point you can push leader which will bring up everyone who has put questions in.  Click your name (and it will at this point only work with your name) and it will take you to the answer selected.  Thus you can see your picks.  Or instead of pushing leader board you can push the link that says TAR WEEK ONE.... That will take you to your selected answers.

I recommend the second option for double checking.

It's nice to see some new faces and a couple posters who didn't play last season.  Of course some of those have shown they are awful good at the game, so good luck all.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »

READY?? GET SET... GO!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
Have a nice trip, you bum.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
And here are what I think the answers are:

And a special shout out to DrRox who made me had the last and correct option for the Title.

Questions in bold are ones that I really need some insight on.

1. (15 points)  Which team states the title, "Head Down and Hold On"

Its someone else or Something else, the sailing crew.

2. (5 Points)  Do we get new opening credits (not just a few new scenes, but complete new credits), or is the previous version still used even with moving up to High Def (not asking about the racers footage)?

Same, while it's not new is the same style with several of the same images, and like I stated besides racers it had to be complete new credits.

3. (15 Points) Who is the first team in the opening credits?

Jet & Cord

4. (5 Points)  Does Phil's introduction of the teams include any footage from their original appearance?

Yes

5. (5 points)  Does Phil mention how many legs will be elimination legs?

No

6. (15 Points) Which team is the first team to be shown holding a Paper Airplane?

Gary & Mallory, Mallory is the first racers that I can see on freeze frame with her hand on the plane.  First one to take it off the post is Amanda, but I just said hold it.  So Gary & Mallory

7. (15 Points) Which team is is last to successfully complete the episodes first task?

Amanda & Kris

8. (15 Points) Which team is the last team heard when we cut to the opening credits?

Jet & Cord, "Saddle up Partner"

9.(10 Points)  How many women are shown driving during this episode?

6 or more, Vyxsin, Mallory, Jen, Christina and Cara all on buggies, and Jaime and Margie in cars.

10. (5 Points)  The last team to complete the first task is going to get a penalty.  Is this a new form of U-Turn?

Yes, one you earn on your own performance

11. (5 Points) Does that team have to perform that penalty during this leg?

No, while we long talk about this being a TBC or Double Leg, Phil flat out calls it the Pit Stop thus Peach was right it isn't in this leg.

12. (15 Points) Which team is it?

Amanda & Kris, well as Kris said at least they did it to themselves.

13. (5 Points) Do we see teams (plural) at LAX during this episode?

Yes

14. (5 Points) When the first flight lands in Sydney are they aware they have arrived first?

Yes, two of them are, and it was announced on flight.

15. (10 Points) How many teams on the 2nd flight to arrive complain about their delay?

2, Zev & Justin and Mel & Mike

16. (15 Points) Which is the first full team shown outside the airport in Australia?

Jet & Cord
Margie & Luke
Amanda & Kris
Flight Time & Big Easy
Mel & Mike
Kent & Vyxsin
Gary & Mallory
Kisha & Jen
Zev & Justin
Ron & Christina
Jaime & Cara

17. (15 Points) Which team is the last one shown leaving the airport in Sydney?

Jet & Cord
Margie & Luke
Amanda & Kris
Flight Time & Big Easy
Mel & Mike
Kent & Vyxsin
Gary & Mallory
Kisha & Jen
Zev & Justin
Ron & Christina
Jaime & Cara
No one is shown leaving the airport

Question is the subway terminal connected to the airport?

18. (10 Points) Do we hear the "cowboys" theme and the "Globetrotters" theme during this episode?

Boy Howdy we hear them both..., with the cowboys in the buggies and the Trotters at the Roadblock task.

19. (10 Points) How many times do we hear the phrase, "Oh My Gravy"?

None (he could not speak in this episode), Color me shocked

20. (10 Points) How many women perform the Roadblock?

7, Mallory, Amanda, Kisha, Margie, Cara, Vyxsin, and Christina

21. (10 Points) How many men perform the Roadblock?

4, Justin, Flight Time, Mel, and Jet

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 04:28:31 AM »

I can answer that. The subway TRAIN! terminal is directly connected to the airport. The station is immediately underneath it and is called Sydney International Airport. However, once you leave the station, you are no longer considered to be in the airport. The only time I could say for certain that the train has left the airport station (using the footage we see) is when the train is arriving at Circular Quay and you can see daylight out the window. The only reason we know its outside the airport is because the airport train station is clearly underground.

Even though we know the train is moving while Mallory is talking to Jen, and I'm confident that this happened well outside the airport train station, I can't remember for certain, and the footage in no way backs up that claim.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 09:51:57 AM »
Ugh, I know I failed. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 10:04:32 AM »
I actually didn't do too bad for first time around...I'm tied for third with Peach and several others!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
14. (5 Points) When the first flight lands in Sydney are they aware they have arrived first?

Yes, two of them are, and it was announced on flight.

I'll try to keep these in mind as soon as I rewatch, but I was thinking they don't actually know until they arrive. They are speculating on the plane that they have lost their lead...but really know? Need to rewatch.

Prophet, not sure how you figure your standing yet when the game is not yet completely scored...there is still a good bit to review I think?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »
Mallory says on the train: "Didn't you hear, the stewardess guy came up to us and said the flight (indistinct) didn't land yet."
That's about all that is said about it.

Also if this opinion is correct I should have gotten #2 correct:

I'll be a little more specific here since in this thread we can reference spoilers.  In watching the totally revamped intro last night (I did replay it a couple of times afterward), it seemed to me that almost every clip (or just about all of them) are new; that is to say, even the clips of most of the world landmarks used before seem to be new material and not recycled from the SD-era intro. One for instance, is the Christ The Redeemer statute in Rio.

I recognize that some of the images were recycled (such as the one castle shot), but everything's been re-edited, and I got the impression that all of the Racer action clips are new.  I am sad to see the retirement of that opening CGI passenger jet, I've always thought that was a cool image, and I hate to see it gone.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:44:05 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 02:33:19 PM »
If the train station is part of the airport then the answer to #16 is Gary and Mallory. They do not technically leave the airport until the subway pulls out. You can see this at 16:01 in the online version.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
The answer to #17 is complicated. They show some of the teams on the second flight to land making the train but Ron and Chris, Jet and Cord and Mel and Mike missing it. Then it cuts to the other three doing the RB. It doesn't show R/C J/C or M/M again until they are boarding the ferry. Therefore we don't know the last team to leave the airport. The last team to be shown there though is Jet and Cord at 17:47 (online). After that point we don't see the airport again so it would have to be them.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »

I can answer that. The subway TRAIN! terminal is directly connected to the airport. The station is immediately underneath it and is called Sydney International Airport. However, once you leave the station, you are no longer considered to be in the airport. The only time I could say for certain that the train has left the airport station (using the footage we see) is when the train is arriving at Circular Quay and you can see daylight out the window. The only reason we know its outside the airport is because the airport train station is clearly underground.

Even though we know the train is moving while Mallory is talking to Jen, and I'm confident that this happened well outside the airport train station, I can't remember for certain, and the footage in no way backs up that claim.
I was hoping that the terminal was a separate entity connected.  I will do some personal research to verify.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
I don't see why we have to wait until they reach the Quay. While Mal is being shown the train is moving as you can see by looking out the window. This means they have left the actual airport to me.
If the train station is not the airport the answer is still Gary and Mallory shown at about 15:52.
If you must wait until the shot of the bridge is shown outside the train window then the answer is Kisha and Jen at 16:35.
(This is all about question 16)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:51:51 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
I travel through a lot of airports with attached train stations. Whether the train station is attached or underneath or on top of the airport, once I am in the environs of the train station...I am in the "train station" and out of the airport.

For our purposes, I would consider any train station shots or inside train cars as totally separate from the airport.

At some point we have to rely on the intention of the question....right?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2011, 05:18:44 PM »
^^This. :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »
Mallory says on the train: "Didn't you hear, the stewardess guy came up to us and said the flight (indistinct) didn't land yet."
That's about all that is said about it.

Also if this opinion is correct I should have gotten #2 correct:

I'll be a little more specific here since in this thread we can reference spoilers.  In watching the totally revamped intro last night (I did replay it a couple of times afterward), it seemed to me that almost every clip (or just about all of them) are new; that is to say, even the clips of most of the world landmarks used before seem to be new material and not recycled from the SD-era intro. One for instance, is the Christ The Redeemer statute in Rio.

I recognize that some of the images were recycled (such as the one castle shot), but everything's been re-edited, and I got the impression that all of the Racer action clips are new.  I am sad to see the retirement of that opening CGI passenger jet, I've always thought that was a cool image, and I hate to see it gone.

But the question asked if the credits changed in totality (not just a few new scenes, but complete new credits). And I think mswood is correct.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »
We will never see all new credits again unless Bill Pruitt comes back to TAR one day...we can live in hope.

I like the old familiar caps mixed in anyway.

I am doing the caps for the new Intro now, there are still a bunch of the old mixed in with the new.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 05:40:21 PM »
I travel through a lot of airports with attached train stations. Whether the train station is attached or underneath or on top of the airport, once I am in the environs of the train station...I am in the "train station" and out of the airport.

For our purposes, I would consider any train station shots or inside train cars as totally separate from the airport.

At some point we have to rely on the intention of the question....right?
That was going to be my interpretation, using the footage of teams going down into the train station (I even considered using footage of them getting into the train as the cut off point).  Lord me a stupid questions.....

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
Like I said under that assumption G/M were the first to exit the airport. Can we please define whether or not the escalator is part of the train station or airport? This is important b/c the last team to leave the airport could change from J/C to R/C (as seen by Jaime out the train window).

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
Like I said under that assumption G/M were the first to exit the airport. Can we please define whether or not the escalator is part of the train station or airport? This is important b/c the last team to leave the airport could change from J/C to R/C (as seen by Jaime out the train window).
:lol:
It's a question in a prediction game. It's not life or death.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
Well what is the answer? I think the escalator is part of the train station.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And its not like you're going to win anyway. Peach always wins these games.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »

Peach and mswood wanted to verify these answers before proceeding, so I'm trying to help.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:49:29 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »
OMG. I'm leading as of now? :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D