Author Topic: The X Factor US: Season 1 - SEASON OVER!  (Read 50491 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
Melanie and Rachel slayed the night with Drew not far behind. Everyone else might as well give up. (Not that they are bad but the girls are just that good)

Astro was back with a more meaningful song that showed off his rapping skills. Josh was a bit odd, but was better than others. Lakoda Rayne have a future in country, though their days are numbered. With controversy surrounding Stacey, I'm not so sure about her anymore.

Leroy is good but forgettable. Chris has identity crisis. I liked the Hoggz better before the live shows. Marcus is a disaster.

In short, the final three will probably consist of Simon's girls. I think Chris, Leroy, the Hoggz, and Marcus are all in danger tonight unless Stacey's voters give up on her.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:23:00 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »
I am going to say something shocking.. I am getting bored with X-Factor. I cannot put my finger on the reason why I am bored, but I am.

One thing that really annoys me is the judge/mentors talking before each performance. When we are told that so and so can't sing and dance and they worry about how that performer will do, it's all I can think of, does he/she have enough breath to perform and dance. Or Melanie having a sore throat and just waiting for her to hit a bad note. (She did great when she got into it.)

Simon is the most annoying person on the panel for me. Last week he criticized Lakoda Rayne for what they were wearing. I'm not surprised they were in the bottom last week, he diverted attention from their performance which was very good. His song choices, to be blunt stink. I'm glad Rachel chose her own song. Last week the key was too low for her and the words changed didn't help either.

About performances, Stacy's song was all wrong for her. Paula and L. A. didn't like it and neither did I. Simon could only talk about her dress. She's beautiful and has stage presence, I just wish she had better material.

Drew is singing the same song every week, or it seems like she is. I love her voice, it's unique but I want to hear her sing something else. 

Marcus: I didn't like his performance. Leroy was and is good but here again, I want to hear him change it up.

Astro is an up and coming rapper and he does it well even at his young age. Stereo Hogzz, I thought they were good but with all the dancers on stage it got to be confusing. Josh reminds me of Andre the Giant. :) Chris Rene was just OK for me.

I love Melanie and Rachel. Both are the ones I wait for. Kudos to Rachel for picking her own song. If Stacy goes back to singing the songs she loves to sing I'd be back rooting for her. But! No. More. Crying!

Overall, X-Factor has an excellent group, all of them are capable of having a career. Some are just better than others. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus go home tonight, or Stereo Hogzz. I don't think they are ready for Stacy to leave but If she didn't get votes, people probably thought she was safe and we know how that works out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:44:09 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
Those little bits about people not being able to perform are just gimmicks for TV. All reality shows do stuff like that, don't let them bother you :lol:

Simon hasn't been doing well with Rachel's song choices but this week was better when she picked her own. Since she is only 13 he probably initially viewed her as some kind of Disney singer.

As far as Stacy, I don't really like any of Nicole's choices for people. Her category is really good but she isn't making the most of it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
I agree with you about Nichole.. She has a great group but they need better mentoring.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:52 PM »
The best shot of the night?

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »
Results tonight!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:44:58 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
Bottom 2: >>Lakota Rayne and The Stereo Hogzz<<

Who was sent home: >>The Stereo Hoggz by a 3-1 vote. Only Paula voted to keep them but that was just procedural to give Simon a real vote.<<
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:44:28 PM by Prophet »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »
I haven't watched the X-Factor in several weeks, but from what I have seen the elimination of the last 2 groups demonstrates the biases of American TV audiences to individual performances vs. group performances. When I did last see them, these last two groups performed better than several of the individuals still in the competition. Let's call this the "AMERICAN IDOL EFFECT." It is pernicious and needs to be eradicated so that groups get an even break. However, there is no way I know to do that other than improving the musical taste of the American public and that isn't going to happen in my lifetime.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2011, 03:49:56 AM »
Do you have those tweenie boppers over in the States voting for the eye candy? They've just announced the final 3 over here and there is no talent left.  :groan:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2011, 04:13:00 AM »
Was there any talent to begin with?  :lol:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2011, 04:24:19 AM »
Three Wishez were pretty good but that Johnny Ruffo dude CANNOT sing.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2011, 07:30:19 AM »
We have a lot of talent so far, but it's still Top 10. :) You should watch, there's usually a link up in this thread (but it conflicts with Survivor).

I think you guys are talking about another version because neither of those people were ever in it and it is not the top 3 yet.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:33:27 AM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »
The theme for this week is   :lol:

It should be interesting to see how that is defined. If they stay true to the genre it will challenge almost all of the performers. However, I expect that the judges will do like last week and stray away from the theme for the sake of the performers.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »
Here's what we have so far:

Leroy was strong as usual but he is becoming quite boring on stage. The judges worry that he doesn't connect with anyone because he is so stoic.

Rachel is a strong singer and very strong performer. I don't personally love the choice for her tonight but she will stick around. I think she can do more than these little fun numbers but everyone seems to like them so...

Chris Rene sang a cheesy Bob Marley song with even cheesier graphics and dancing. I still don't really like him but his performance was okay and better than last week. I can't figure him out.

Stacy did well at least I thought so. The judges didn't seem to like it but it is just what she does. Simon can't seem to figure out what he wants her to do. I think this is how she can perform in the real world. It isn't super but I can't see her being that much better like they seem to think.

Melanie did a great job and Simon proved his point with this performance. That point is that she has enough raw talent to carry the song without any special effects. However, rock night probably wasn't the night for that. She always does incredibly good but I have to get on Simon for the choice.

Josh did a really solid rock performance that could be done live anywhere in America. The problem with him is that his stage presence is really odd and almost scary. Nicole didn't help anything with her manic behavior. I still don't know what to make of Josh.

I missed Astro :(

Lakoda Rayne is what they are. They sound the same every week and are basically average. They could try a little harder and Paula makes them come of as gimmicky. They might be in the bottom again.

Drew did her thing again. If you like that thing you like her, if you don't then forget it. I wish she would embrace her genre instead of pretending she is going to do something different. I thought last week was actually better for her. The voters will eventually grow tires of her niche and she may go home sooner than her talent would warrant.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2011, 07:48:23 AM »
This thing gets crazier every week :lol:

Did Stacy's fans really marshal to save her? I don't believe Astro will be in the bottom two but maybe we will finally be rid of Chris.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
My thoughts as we wait.

1: Leroy Bell: He's OK, just OK for me. He can probably have a career but he won't make it much farther, there are better people in the competition.

2: Rachel Crow: Horrible HORRIBLE song for her. Is Simon sabotaging her? The song was not in her range, it was too low for her, this is the second time in the past 3 weeks that the song was wrong for her voice. The choreography was horrible as well. I love this kid.. I wish someone else would help her. Judges liked her, so they said.

3: Chris Rene. He was off-key. Terrible performance for him.

4: Stacy Frances: I want to love her again. One note in the middle of the song was so bad that my ears hurt listening to it. It was an awful song choice for her and she knew it. You could see it on her face when the judges started their critique. L. A. just said he was happy for her. Paula told the truth, she said it was her least favorite song, ever from Stacy. Simon said it was a horrible choice, the rock was a pebble.  If she stays, it will be a miracle.

5: Melanie: For me it was the best performance of the night but I agreed with L. A., it wasn't a rock song. Paula said it took us to the church but she wants her to let loose and get more raw.

6: Josh, it was his night and his genre, Rock! He rocked the house, and he was the only one who actually did. Simon says never listen to what a single person says. it was bloody fantastic. L. A. Great, Paula, best tonight.

7: Astro. Simon thinks he can win. I think he's not going to make it much further. He's talented, he's a rapper, he's got attitude, he's 14 years old.

8: Lakoda Rayne: I thought this was their best performance since they were joined together as a group. L. A. didn't like it, it wasn't amazing, wasn't great. Nichole thought they found their lane, Country Rock. Simon hated it, said their choreography was stupid crazy and got into an argument with L. A. who told him he was being too mean.

Drew: She has an unique voice, but for me it was the same song she's sung before. Someone else needs to mentor her, NOT Simon! Nichole said she was waiting for the tempo to step up as I was. Didn't happen. Paula told her she was in a good place, take chances and show diversity.

I don't know who will go home tonight, we'll find out shortly.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:15:46 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
I forgot Marcus and honestly I don't even remember what he sang.  :ascared

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2011, 07:27:21 PM »
I think Drew is doing the right thing by sticking to what she can do. She maybe could stand to do a little more upbeat stuff but I will agree with LA when he makes Astro do something different.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
As far as tonight Leroy and Lakoda are already safe :o

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
I love Drew's voice. It's unique but she needs someone besides Simon to guide her.

4 left. I wonder, will Astro and Stacy have to sing to stay?

Here we go!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
Shocking boot spoiler:
>>Stacey was sent home by a 3-1 vote<<

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2011, 08:19:54 PM »
I'll say, I'm shocked. And actually, there were other acts that probably should have gone first.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »
Well, Dialidol is weird enough to make you doubt it but with enough truth to keep it from being dismissed lol.

I think Simon wanted to get rid of the other one but he would never send it to a tie. He wasn't impressed with the immature attitude display.

But the one who went really hasn't gotten any better. Others probably deserved to go before but it was inevitable.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »
Next week, the Top Nine Finalists, including Girls – Melanie Amaro, Rachel Crow and Drew; Boys – Astro, Marcus Canty and Chris Rene; Over 30s – LeRoy Bell and Josh Krajcik; and last remaining group Lakoda Rayne will continue to battle it out for America’s votes, THE X FACTOR title, a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music and an iconic Pepsi commercial. Don’t miss the Top Nine Finalists perform LIVE on a special night Tuesday, Nov. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

Tune in the following night, Wednesday, Nov. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), to the LIVE results show, when a shocking double elimination leaves only seven acts in the competition. Be sure to watch this can’t-miss night on THE X FACTOR, as America finds out which finalists move on in the competition and which are sent home.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »
When Stacy auditioned, she was wonderful. I thought for sure she'd be in the finals but something happened as the weeks went by. She lost what made her special. Poor song choices, and not being true to herself. I wish her well.

Astro is something else. He has an attitude that needs to be set straight by someone. Not wanting to sing in a fit of petulance will not serve him well.